It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Excellent Video RE: The administration AND Congress' unbridled hypocrisy.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I have to agree, as a Veteran myself, with much of what Ben points out in this video, it's pretty sickening to consider who is "leading us" (that should read who we are paying to manage our country's affairs) and even worse to consider there just aren't any viable alternatives to the two party scam, er, I mean system and the false propaganda paradigm (that Republicans and democrats/right and left are any different... it's 100% about power) we are fed every night, day, and morning...

Ben Swann talks about the standing ovation given to Army Ranger Cory Remsburg during President Obama’s SOTU address. Swann points out that Congress and President may be clapping for Remsburg but are doing nothing to actually honor veterans.

See the video here: benswann.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Great video!

This reminds me of when politicians parade children out on stage as they preach about their future and claim to fight for the kids, yet they don't care about the state of education or the economy we leave them for them.

Hypocrisy.....it's all hypocrisy.
edit on 29-1-2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
It is as usual an epic failure.

When they applauded after Obama said he will use his EO's to go around congress, I was awe struck.

I support the wounded warriors and members of the military. But I don't have to support the idiotic polices of the Administration.

When I was on my forced HI vacation I was being helped by vets and I heard that the military is trying to cover up the suicides on the bases worldwide. In fact 2 happen in the Combined housing I was in during my stay I later learned.

But that is a whole different issue.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Ten deployments to that s***hole and then to end up like he has is such as waste and a shame. Ben was wrong on one point they are doing something for our vets; they are cutting benefits because entirely too many Americans in leadership roles have no idea what kind of burden our military is being asked to do.

In World War II, 11.2 of the nation served in four (4) years.

During the Vietnam era, 4.3 served in twelve (12) years.

Since 2001, only 0.45 of our population has served in the Global War on ??

The people who have truly sacrificed are the veterans and their families, "heck they are volunteers, they must like it" I have actually heard that stated.

Deployment after deployment and they are expected to fight on. Relationships are lost, years of their lives lived in extreme conditions, apart from their kids and families, and beaten physically and mentally in a ways that no one understands unless they too walked the same path... Every war is different but most all wars are the same, as far as the dying and the maimed.

Survive only to come back a crispy critter or without important pieces of your body just adds more to the life long burden most will carry until their dying day.

There is not a month or year that goes buy I do not thank my lucky stars I came back with all my pieces still intact; especially considering some of the youthful dumb*ss stunts I got away with.

Then when the U.S. leaves....humm Iraq isn't doing so well and Afgan seems to be on the same path.. WTH has been accomplished other than new enemies made and more lives lost... Oh the opium or a pipeline...give me a break!

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

He brings home a good point. Every State of the Union address, they parade an individual out in front of congress to gather some kind of emotional attention for the event. They can clap and pretend they're supporting these individuals, but when it really comes down to it, they're support doesn't exist. They would rather continue to get involved in over seas conflicts that have no relevance to the safety of our homeland, and use our men and women to sacrifice their lives for the sole purpose of controlling the middle east and the flow of oil.

These young men and women come home with devastating injuries and are mentally unstable after being bombarded with death and constant fear. Yet they come home to a government who put them in harms way, and than turn their backs on them. It's time for the president and congress to stop using citizens of this country to promote a foreign policy that does nothing to protect the homeland of the United States.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Ben was right but the wars won't end because as usual too much profit is being made. The oil companies don't want the wars to end. Big pharma doesn't want the wars to end. And the military industrial complex sure doesn't want the wars to end. After all look at majority of the people that dies in the wars the poor and middleclass people that the ones who start the wars and profit from the wars see as useless eaters that are using up their natural resources. If the children of these people were forced to serve on the front lines there would be no wars.

top topics

join