It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mystery Religion – Jesus (The Sun of God)

page: 22
<< 19  20  21   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

Indeed I have, but I didn't live them. I'm only speaking from experience there.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   

windword
reply to post by nenothtu

Are you criticizing Plutarch's logic?

No, I was criticizing the writing - or, more properly, the translation. It was difficult to muddle through, and I was in a hurry, so I'm sure I must have missed something.

Admittedly, you know nothing of this philosophical viewpoint, yet you mock him in the same vein as any old ATS poster that you either disagree with, or fail to understand?

Absolutlely, if that's the way you see it. I didn't consider myself "mocking" of anyone - had that been my intent, I could have done a much better job of it. I've never met the man who could overawe me, but then I've never met Plutarch at all.

Arrogant much?

Yes, very! It's one of my more endearing qualities. I hold NO man my superior, and but damned few, if any, my inferior. I just don't think in those hierarchical terms. It often comes across as "arrogance", and so I own it - lock, stock, and barrel. It's gotten me in trouble on jobs before - those cats sure do adore their "position", and often take umbrage when I don't. Make's 'em even madder when they realize I don't care about their umbrage - and oddly enough, I don't care about that, either.

Oddly enough, it has, upon occasion, gotten me promoted as well.

As for the rest of your post, I'll re-read the Plutarch quote now that I have more time to ponder it, and see if I get out of it what you did.

edit on 2014/2/10 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

I believe you are allowing a word to confuse you. The word "Christian" is used to explain a persons belief and acceptance that Yeshua was the Messiah referred to by the Torah. There is no connection between Jesus and Serapis. Therefore, what you are saying does not make any real sense. In fact, Serapis has more of a connection to this whole thread as he actually was this creation to connect Greek and Egyptian cultures. But find one man who worships him now. Also, find a historian to document his life. Find historical documents tied to his actual existence.

Again, the argument presented to support this thread are presented by people who seem not to really be talking any sense. They also barely appear to understand what they are supporting/arguing. The argument has changed so many times, and seems to be becoming more and more illogical. There is no possibility of intelligent discourse in this type of situation. Therefore, nihil. When you desire to actually learn of something, not just what some guy on the internet said, read with a mind to analyze. Start as a skeptic with a heart on fire to understand. All else follows.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by pleasethink

When you desire to actually learn of something, not just what some guy on the internet said,

LOL! You are just some guy on the internet! Plutarch is not. It seems that you are having a hard time following certain themes within this thread, so it isn't surprising that the logic and thoughts of Plutarch would leave you blurry and confused.

Go read a book. Good luck, see ya around the boards.

edit on 15-2-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21   >>

join