It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mystery Religion – Jesus (The Sun of God)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by pleasethink

What do the DSS have to do with Jesus or Christianity? This shows your lack of knowledge about the things you speak of. The DSS don't contain even a smidgen of a reference to Jesus or Christianity, it is entirely composed of OT scripture, nothing from the NT at all.

You know what's irrational? Ignoring the obvious plagiarism and ignoring history. You've shown that you are severely lacking in knowledge of both Christianity's history and the history of older religions that came before Christianity, despite your claims to the contrary.

Read up on comparitive religion, all religions (including Christianity) borrow and plagiarize concepts from other older religions. Read up on Rome's history of religious diffusion, they were famous for taking other's ideas and creating their own religion from those ideas. Read up on history because you are lacking in that department.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Why hide it in a veil of Christianity. It does not compute.

Oh...it CERTAINLY 'computes' ...
when people are willing to listen to a preacher/priest tell them that they need to 'tithe' to get there....

religion is predominantly about control.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

reply to post by wildtimes

Mind your feelings friends. Let yourself not be taken in to division. Work together.

In my mind, Jesus was not "gospelin'" astrology etc. etc. although I suspect he knew of it, and if he did, he knew it well.
Seemed like a very smart man.

Rather that all he did was preach of the heaven inside us and the good forgiving quality and self sacrifice for others through good deeds.

Later, when it was written down and copied multiple times, men who were pagans instilled their religion through the gospels to taint the "real deal" about Jesus. Like...brotherhoods f.ex.

In other words, they want you to worship nature and not know about your true self. At least some of them...

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Sump3

Rather that all he did was preach of the heaven inside us and the good forgiving quality and self sacrifice for others through good deeds.
Exactly.
No need to feel like a piece of crap your whole life; he said any of us can do the things he did.

In other words, they want you to worship nature and not know about your true self.

Nature is what keeps us alive, what brings us to life.

The "mystery" label is used because the clergy/preachers knew that most people are not capable of the higher sort of philosophical thinking - they need to 'be told what to do'. It keeps them ignorant, and also submissive.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

It also has not been explained fully why you needed to hide sun worship around 100 a.d. when christianity wasn't threatening anyone.

LOL!!

Christianity has always threatened someone!!!!
Seriously?

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Religion is not primarily about control. Tithing is used to control, truly. But not by any true christian. Just because you have had a bad experience with christianity, or maybe have you own ideas which happen to have been written by others long before you were probably alive, does not make one a christianity scholar to be throwing around someone else's words to support a argument that is baseless and has been proven to be such. You have not addressed my questions at all. All you do is prominently display someone else's work. In a nice way, Do you possess your own thoughts? Do you always reference another mans work instead of thinking yourself? I am not becoming "aware". I am aware. This is not based on what someone told me to think. I don't want to worship the sun. I want to be a part of Who Made The Sun. Then I will be content.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1....Skorpion, don't you believe that....
I believe a lot of things. I also believe we can start new threads to discuss what I believe.

The fundamental concept of Jesus having 12 disciples, being crucified on a cross, and dying at 33 years old is rooted in pagan sun worship cults. If you choose to ignore that you are..
So WHAT about the number 12? Are you telling me the dicsiples are actually personifications of the constellations as opposed to being real people? And what about the age which Jesus died? What about the man with the pitcher? Jesus also spoke of goats. So what? Unless you elaborate on those points I raised in my previous post, you are just waving a bunch of superficial similarities and connecting imaginary dots. And no, yelling ''fact!'' doesn't make your argument work.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Yeah last time I went by the peasant fisherman as a roman augustus, I felt threatened.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   

You'd think if the things Jesus and his followers taught weren't a threat to Rome that they wouldn't have spent hundreds of years trying to eradicate them. They definitely eradicated them and their teachings, building a church on top of their bodies, only to go on to preach a corrupted shadow of the true message they fought to preserve.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

You have not addressed my questions at all.

I'm a late-comer here. Please repeat your questions.

All you do is prominently display someone else's work.

Uh, no. Nope! No.

I have my own thoughts clearly separated from 'someone else's. I guess you are one of the types who don't want "sources" .... correct?

In a nice way, Do you possess your own thoughts? Do you always reference another mans work instead of thinking yourself?

On the contrary, and emphatically, yes - I possess my own thoughts, and NO, I don't reference another man's work instead of thinking myself. That's why I don't believe in 'organized religions.' We are each on our own path. I don't need some yahoo standing at a pulpit telling me what my life is, or what is "real." I access all sorts of 'opinions' and do 'research' by looking at what theology scholars and historians have pieced together.

What do you look at? The Bible? (That would be my first guess, if I had three.)

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Yes, we can do all the things he did.

Nature sure is what sustains, it is the law, the torah. But the cornerstone of it is the reason it exists and thus us. Care, Love, happiness, faith and hope. If one digs through the true meaning of these words and how they operate within the world and how the represent the only stable ground for our world. Thus we should live that.

I am not my body, though I occupy it. I am not of this world, though I am in it.

This is the only path to salvation from the burden of the world but ones own path has many ways down that single road, for there are many people. Truth is not two, it is one, it is not divided, it is whole.

Love you all friends, the double edged sword that is the world is weird, until you get to really know it. One must first get to know one self, and thus know god, who is in us and beyond us.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   

throwing around someone else's words to support a argument that is baseless and has been proven to be such.

Sounds like Christianity and its followers to me, using what someone else wrote to base their entire lives on despite the mountains of evidence and logic that prove the contrary to be true.

You are projecting your own qualities onto others.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Sump3

Care, Love, happiness, faith and hope. If one digs through the true meaning of these words and how they operate within the world and how the represent the only stable ground for our world. Thus we should live that.

I am not my body, though I occupy it. I am not of this world, though I am in it.

Yes.
That.
Right.
Agreed.

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

The dots are far from being imaginary, they were layed out quite well in the OP. The premise has merits and weight behind it, otherwise you'd be making a case of why it doesn't. All I have seen so far is Abrahamic followers sticking fingers in their ears and saying everything layed out is imaginary.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Any cursory investigation in to the claims made in this article and continue to be made in this article will show that it is utter nonsense. This is what I believe, and will be what I continue to believe. Christianity was no threat to the Roman empire, they were an affront. There is a difference. This is the actual reason it was attacked. It is the same reason it is attacked today. People don't like being told they are sinners.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Show that it is utter nonsense, otherwise you are just blowing hot air.

The funny thing about belief is that it doesn't take away facts. Facts will continue to exist whether you believe them or not. If you choose to ignore facts you are only sticking your fingers in your ears and drowning out truth. Ignorance is bliss I suppose.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1

The dots are far from being imaginary, they were layed out quite well in the OP. The premise has merits and weight behind it,
The dots are imaginary because so far all we've seen is ''hey look, theres a '12' here and a '12' there'' and ''wow, theres a '33' here and a '33' there''. Genius!

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Amyways, have a good day all. Senseless to just prattle on about things that go no where. I tried to post that I hope no one got angry. I was simply being funny. I enjoy a good argument. But this doesn't seem to follow clear logic. I've had people make valid points, and I like that better. This is silly, and seems to borrow heavily from egyptian philosophy and then apply it to the christians through the romans. You know there are very old texts of the different books of the Bible, right? They tend to measure up. Meaning someone would have had to create this fantasy very early. And at that time, there really would have been no reason to apply sun teachings to a actual man who existed. He is written of by Roman historians at the time of his crucifixion. Which is it, the Catholics or the Illuminati? Are they one in the same?

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

It seems as though you didn't read the OP because it goes into more detail than that. Just admit it, it doesn't matter how much evidence is brought forward, you're still going to choose to ignore it. The information is out there, much more than could be contained within this thread, if you choose not to seek it then you are choosing not to look at other avenues other than the one you are currently on.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   

This is the actual reason it was attacked. It is the same reason it is attacked today. People don't like being told they are sinners.

oi......aHA!!! And there we have it.

"People don't like being told they are sinners."

That one is correct. What.....do you ENJOY it?

I was just a few moments ago contemplating making a new thread about why "hell" is so attractive to religionists.
I suspect it is mostly a passive-aggressive, peurile way of controlling hatred, anger, aggression, violence, and revengeful feelings - to just imagine that "they'll get theirs!" is so human, so natural.

Yes, we ALL feel that. I recall when I was in my mid 20s, working, owned a hot little Celica, and took back roads (some gravel) to work every day. There was this jackass that drove an Opal, and it felt like he existed for the SOLE reason of pissing me off - of provoking road-rage. He'd come up from behind me around a curve, blow past me with a spray of gravel and dust, and disappear around the bend.

I remember wishing/praying that when I rounded the next curve, I'd see his car flipped, crashed, and on fire; and his pleading face asking me for help. To which (in that inner-dialogue temper tantrum) I would have showed disdain and left to perish. Probably smiling.

We all feel that. That urge for retribution; for restitution; for revenge!!!

It's part of human nature. So, perhaps the concept of "hell" is a good thing.
I don't know. Rambling on SuperBowel* Sunday.

*references a thread by searchlights, inc about Americanization of the Sheep British.

So - if Hell wasn't real, pleasethink, would that disappoint you?

edit on 2/2/14 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join