It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mystery Religion – Jesus (The Sun of God)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

It is impossible for someone to challenge someone who makes up facts, uses convoluted logic, and takes bits and pieces of things which don't even apply to the subject. Just from following your posts you have changed your approach multiple times, taking things that the inquisition(which was 12th century) did and implying them to the romans(of 3rd century) as if that makes sense. Then you slap all religions together in some hodgepodge hegemony and call it gospel and tell people to debate you. Then your attempts to troll and frustrate make people decide not to engage with someone who is clearly nonsensical by virtue, and you declare victory. The day is clearly yours, friend.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by pleasethink

I'm not making up any facts my friend, I'm using well established history and religions to point out that Christianity is not unique in any way and that it was forced onto people at its inception. Facts are facts, the Christianity we have today was plagiarized and then forced onto the early adopters, that much is clear if you do some research without preconceived notions to sway your opinion.
edit on 2/2/2014 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

It wasn't forced onto people at its inception. The romans literally burned christians on fires alive. They were also thrown into the colosseum to be torn apart by lions for the enjoyment of these christian forcing romans. Thats just mean. First forcing someone to convert to christianity then yelling "hey there's a christian, burn him!" Talk about damned if you do yada yada . I'm starting to understand this lunacy. First step: Look man, we don't really want to but you really got two choices here, it's christian or flambé? Which one you wanna be. Guy: Well christian, duh.
Second step: Alright guys, gotta christian here. String him up. This one bring to the lions. It'll score super high on the lulz meter.
Shady sun religion overlord: Now to spread it to the muslims. Yeeeesssssss. Our plan is workingggggg.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

If Christianity wasn't forced onto people at its inception (legalization) then how do you explain the link I provided a few posts earlier? Obviously it was forced on people, otherwise Romans wouldn't have persecuted and killed the pagans who refused to convert. You're the one making up facts it seems, "facts" that are totally at odds with actual history.

It's a fact that both Christian traditions and scriptures mirror pagan myths and traditions in more than just one way. You choosing not to see it does not take the facts away.
edit on 2/2/2014 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

uses convoluted logic, and takes bits and pieces of things which don't even apply to the subject.

You mean....like....
?????

Bible Thumpers??

Just asking. Wow.
LOL!!!

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

I'm agreeing with you now. Its like, soooo clear to me. I can't believe I didn't see it. So choosing christianity equals death, staying pagans equals death. The only person who is like yeahhh son, the sun overlord. He goes about secretly instituting his scripture underneath the scripture of actual religions that are not actually religions. On the procession of the procession sun overlord becomes Jesus. So this is the approximation:
1.Sun overlord rocking it
2. Force christianity
3. Kill christianity
4. Sneak sun overlord doctrine in while everybody looks that a way
5. ******
6, Profit!
edit on 2-2-2014 by pleasethink because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1

.....How exactly is this "far out there"? 12 disciples/12 constellations,
so are the 12 disciples supposed to represent the 12 constellations? Did one constellation betray the ''sun'' and go off itself and later get replaced by another? See, if you want to play connect the dots, then go ALL the way.

light of the world/sun,
''Light of the world'' doesn't mean what you think it means.

33 degrees for each constellation/Jesus died at 33
??? So?

the mention of ages by Jesus, the reference to Aquarius by Jesus,
Jesus told his disciples to look for a man with a pitcher...when he was advising them on as to where to prepare the passover meal. The text says the followers found that man as Jesus said. Jesus also fed people with ''fish''. Was that a secret reference to pisces? Jesus spoke of goats. Was that a secret reference to capricorn? so yeah...the whole idea is pretty ''far out there''.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Now you're just being childish. Face the facts, your faith is built on sand, that fact is becoming clearer and clearer with every response you make to me. I'm sorry if history contradicts your preconceived notions, but facts are facts, no amount of faith will change that.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

I was ready to convert! Come on now.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Why say something that isn't true? You're projecting your insecurity through sarcasm now. Cognitive dissonance comes to mind.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Come on guys. Let me convert to sun overlord. My mind was almost tied in a knot by your logic. You still didn't really tell me why not just call it sun overlord, and why all the hiding? Oh the almighty peasant fisherman. My bad.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

I'm actually responding to irrationality with irrationality. If you really think of what your saying it doesn't make the least bit of sense, even from a logical perspective. No matter what my beliefs, that much is apparent

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Come on guys. Let me convert to sun overlord. My mind was almost tied in a knot by your logic. You still didn't really tell me why not just call it sun overlord, and why all the hiding? Oh the almighty peasant fisherman. My bad.

Hmmm.

What? You been drinkin', pleasethink?

The FACTS are the FACTS, and no amount of teeth gnashing and poor-me 'persecution-face' changes them.
Christianity is a syncretic religion.

It uses LOTS of older, well established themes and memes. It is NOT "God's Truth." No matter how uppity and juvenile you get - the facts remain just that. The facts.

edit on 2/2/14 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
For me to believe this there would have to be a reason why, and it would have had to exist before the Dead Sea Scrolls. Does not apply to logic since it does not follow these logical necessities.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

I've been drinking in the power of sun overlord who hath tainted my scriptures.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
If you want me to be honest this is obviously a troll thread, meant to frustrate and confuse instead of say anything of real merit. If you had factual understanding behind it, I would give er a whirl. But it seems meant to frustrate.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

The study of comparative religions has become a science at least at the level of history and textual criticism. But for this discipline to lay down laws of religious phenomena would appear to be rather presumptuous. Religious phenomena are in general much like aesthetic phenomena: they are very much tied to subjectivity and the great variety of possible cultural responses. To say that religious behavior is law-like is as absurd as saying that all responses to the Mona Lisa or Bach's piano works are going to be the same.

Nonetheless, some of the data of the world's religions are such that a few principles of comparative religion can be proposed and tested. There are at least three principles of comparative religion: (1) the Principle of Religious Syncretism; (2) the Principle of Theistic Evolution; and (3) the Principle of the Savior Archetype.

Because of the uncertainties pertaining to history, textual criticism, and psychology as sciences, we hesitate to call these principles “laws.” Even though there is overwhelming confirmation of religious syncretism, there are exceptions which are instructive: e.g., Judaism codified its theology after the birth of Christianity in such a way that it has been virtually immune from syncretism since.

The Principle of Religious Syncretism holds that when any two cultures meet and interact they will exchange religious ideas with the dominant culture prevailing in the exchange. Current exemplifications of this principle abound. Many Christian sects in Korea are almost unrecognizably Christian because of the profound syncretistic effects of Buddhism and native Korean belief.

RELIGIOUS SYNCRETISM
Read. Learn. Deal with it.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Skorpion, don't you believe that the great flood happened exactly as it is described in the bible, despite all of the facts?

The fundamental concept of Jesus having 12 disciples, being crucified on a cross, and dying at 33 years old is rooted in pagan sun worship cults. If you choose to ignore that you are being wilfully ignorant based on an emotional attachment to your religion. Look up the attributes and story of Mithra, the similarities are abundant between the two. Christian sites of worship were even built on top of Mithrain worship sites, that implies a cover up.

Christianity is not unique AT ALL. Study paganism and its gods without preconceived notions and it becomes abundantly clear that Christianity is plagiarized.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

If you want me to be honest this is obviously a troll thread, meant to frustrate and confuse instead of say anything of real merit. If you had factual understanding behind it, I would give er a whirl. But it seems meant to frustrate.

Nope!

Actually, it's a theme that recurs with each batch of new members and newly 'aware' people.
Keeps on coming.

You think this is the first time someone has made the case?
Not.
It's time to deal with your 'frustration', friend.
It is what it is. You can't shoot down truth. You can try, but...well....

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

I'll keep that in mind. I have looked into these things. It doesn't support that one religion has secret sun worship embedded inside. It also has not been explained fully why you needed to hide sun worship around 100 a.d. when christianity wasn't threatening anyone. Just because you show that there might be common methods of religious thought, does not support the question: Why? Who threatened the almighty pagan sun worship? You could say the Roman Catholics. Ok well exact copies of the documents in question exist before that time. So then what? Must have been before that. Ok. Why? Why the need to hide something that still goes on to this very day in many parts of the world? What is referred to in this thread is not secret. It was a prominent part of Egyptian philosophy. Still goes on today. Just look it up. Why hide it in a veil of Christianity. It does not compute.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join