It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mystery Religion – Jesus (The Sun of God)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

The statement you took out of context didn't even really change the meaning of what was said. The idea is finding the wisdom yourself through education from the source as opposed to listening to what you want to hear/someone else. Like I said you could find something to hate, or something meaningful. The interpretation is really up to you. The funny part of this and the other thread I mentioned, is that the creation of a religion to subjugate the masses didn't really happen back then, but is happening today. There is an interesting irony there that it would be attributed to the Bible while legitimizing itself. Kind of the kill two birds with one stone approach.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Also I have a cursory understanding of Zoroasterism. So I did look up articles on Mithra, as I have before. I didn't use your link. Sorry.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by pleasethink

Rome didn't fall, they just changed their name to the Byzantines. Rome became very rich after legalizing Christianity and after changing their name. They killed thousands of pagans who refused to convert to Christianity. That's the definition of subverting the masses.

It seems like you're ignoring my points and not addressing them. Think about why you're doing that.

edit on 2/1/2014 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   

pleasethink
Also I have a cursory understanding of Zoroasterism. So I did look up articles on Mithra, as I have before. I didn't use your link. Sorry.

I'm speaking of Rome's version of Mithra, not Persia's. In fact, Mithra is a perfect example of how Rome took others ideas and gods and turned them into their own. They did that exact thing with Jesus, took his teachings then twisted his identity into an amalgamation of their own pagan gods.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   

I'd like to know where you find this information. I have never heard of Roman citizens being murdered because they refused to convert. Not saying it didn't happen, just never heard of it. Also it kind goes against the terms and conditions one accepts upon acceptance. What you say is meaningful to you, and others like you. I will leave this discussion with this, because I'm tired: The ability to discern truth brings power to the pauper, the ability to craft the truth brings power to the king. If you are happy with your truth than please continue to be happy with it. I just desire for everyone to learn for themselves. Doing otherwise leaves you open to suggestion. Have a good night.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Wiki

This is fairly common knowledge for anyone who has studied the history of Christianity and/or Rome. I'm surprised you haven't heard of it since you obsessively read about this topic. Are you sure you were telling the truth in that regard? Because I'm sure you would have heard about this at some point.
edit on 2/1/2014 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Jesus is coming very soon, and he loves everybody even bad people, he said that the once that mistakes more in his life if he ask excuses he will have the chance to the new word that Jesus will follow than from the sky and we will leave in peace and in love for eternity AMEN

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by teamodios25

Prove it.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ParasuvO

Could you decipher what he said for me? I didn't understand a word except that Jesus is coming soon.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I have been working on the start of a book that has to do alot with what Jesus really taught and how he learned what he knew...the advice he left us of 'the kingdom of god is within you'....'seek with your one eye of light'...can lead any true seeker to know what is important in this life.

We dont need a book, and dont even to know of Jesus to learn about the true nature of our inner self and how we are all connected on a spirit level...but Jesus is a great link that can show us many things...and shows us we all must walk the 'way' at some point.

My mother, a devout Christian woman, shared her near death experience here with ATS. She passed away last year in May. During her NDE...she went to past lives in Egypt and to a place in biblical times of Pilot. If her experience was based on her own memories or beliefs...then I must ask why so many things in her experience went against her own belief. As a believer that she had to be washed in the blood of another, Jesus, she saw herself in her vision doing this, and it was the most nightmarish part of her vision. I personally believe now, that to believe another had to die for us, sets us back in understanding in a large way that will cause us to have to be reborn and try again to understand. I believe to believe that someone had to die, places the blood on our own hands.

When she went back in time to Egypt, she saw that the Egyptians did have a closer understanding to what the nature of God was and that RA was god...in the best sense that one could understand what God was. God is not female nor male, is not something out there separate from us, and that the 'sun' is a great channel to reach that of spirit, nature is a great way to reach understanding that the spirit is in all life and through nature, we can learn about the nature of spirit. Mom also talked alot about certain stars...says we came from Orion. As a Christian woman, she would of never said such things. I will come back and comment more...have lots to do today...but here is the first video of 5 videos her and I made to share her experience with the world. I think its in video 4 that she talked about 'ra was god'. I have alot to add about the star stuff too, constellations, ect....will have to add that later.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
It seems every age has a soul born that teaches us 'the way'...they will be souls that understand the value of 'self sacrifice'....that understands that its not the life of flesh we are to live for...but the life of spirit that we are to live for. When we understand that, we dont fight back when those that wish to 'kill' us for what we teach, because we know that to fight back for this life of flesh will tarnish our understanding that we must take into 'death'. It matters very much what we understand and if we are willing to walk the walk or just talk the talk.

I dont believe Jesus actually made literally blind men see...but that he made blind hearts see...people are so quick to want to believe that a man did things that are not possible. People long to have faith that there was once a special person that could do things that we can not do. I think many things were taken out of context with Jesus and his life to satisfy the masses. Jesus was a humble man whose teachings were not excepted nor understood except by a select few...and to this day, a huge misunderstanding is misleading people to not understand our purpose and our inner nature of spirit.

LV

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

I never said I studied the history of Rome, I studied the history of Christianity, also some of the other religions that are tied to the area(Judaism, Zorastarism, Islam,etc.). Also, in regard to this discussion, I have studied more since our discussion. I still have yet to find mention of any Roman persecution at the hands of Constantine or otherwise. Also, the Byzantine empire is more of an offshoot of Rome that was the result of the division of Rome by east/west. You could call it a continuation as it was started by the same people and a lot of the culture was the same, but in many ways(the adoption of Christianity is a big one) it was different. Also, I never denied that Roman culture adopted and changed religions, I supported that fact. I even gave examples. All I am saying is the actual words of Jesus were written down and still survive today. He was a polarizing figure. One may draw their own conclusions by studying these words for themselves. You can't really know what it is you are talking about by just listening to what someone else said about the sun yadda yadda when these things don't actually exist in Christian tradition. Why would they need a man to represent the sun? Who could not appreciate the fact that the sun is responsible for life continuing to spring forth from this planet? Why is a man necessary to appreciate the sun? The notion sounds ridiculous. I have met many christians in my life, and none of them ever said to me "Oh that hateful sun. We should kill it". Do you see how ridiculous that sounds? What I see on here are more like troll type frustration tactics. It doesn't really frustrate, it more makes me sad for humanity. You are a smart kid/man. Evidence exists in all things. Draw your own conclusions. But maybe look to see how silly all this hiding religions behind other religions and nonsense like that. Was christianity really that powerful back then to fearfully subvert it in a way that would trick others to secretly follow a religion that they didn't actually ever become aware that they were following?

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I have a suggestion which will make all of you happy. It's called theosophy. This is a place where you can take all religions, slap them together, and call it a day. It sounds like this place was made for you. Also, you can take English, Math, History and Science all at the same time. It will be like A+27=biology. Then we can say "All hail Buddhaaster and his glorious side kick Zarathustra the sun biscuit of eternity+life. I mean the processions bro. Just look" And it will all make sense. Just saying.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

That's part of Christianity's history, the Christian emperors killing pagans for not converting to Christianity.

You're not bringing anything to the table that discredits the OP's premise, all I have seen so far is emotionally charged arguments equivalent to "Nuh uh, they wouldn't do that, why would they", not a very convincing case.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Never Mind. Not worth the effort - or the risk.
edit on 2014/2/2 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1
There still haven't been any believers come in here? Not even one? I think the silence on their part speaks volumes!

Seems as though you've left them speechless, that's a good sign my friend and speaks to the quality of the presentation. I look forward to your upcoming threads.

Bait thread.

Not taking the bait.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

If that makes you feel better about it and helps you to ignore it, good for you.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
@op..... You are isolating Jesus from the larger Monotheistic tradition that Jesus operated within and was part of.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

It's not a matter of feeling better - or worse, for that matter. I pretty much feel nothing about it, neither good nor bad.

No need to "help" me ignore it. I also ignore stories of little green men out in the turnip field. I don't need to get into the details of those little green guys - the basic premise is flawed, and so no amount of rationalization will put enough lipstick on that pig to make me kiss it. Some things are just too far out there to merit serious meditation.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

How exactly is this "far out there"? 12 disciples/12 constellations, light of the world/sun, 33 degrees for each constellation/Jesus died at 33, the mention of ages by Jesus, the reference to Aquarius by Jesus, pagans killing Jesus then legalizing Christianity, etc. There's more evidence for the Jesus myth being an astrological myth than there is for little green men running around wouldn't you say? The dots are there you are simply refusing to connect them.

Since you are Christian of course you will ignore it because it challenges your beliefs. Best to ignore it rather than face it head on and debunk it like someone with an actual case against the premise.
edit on 2/2/2014 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join