It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mystery Religion – Jesus (The Sun of God)

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Luke 21
25 "There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea.

Jesus says that signs will appear in the sun, moon, and stars in the end. If John saw a sign in the heavens dealing with the sun, moon, and stars, that implies that the "end" has already come. Maybe it was the end of truth with the formation of the church and the writing of the gospels which are astrological myths? That would explain the stars being swept to the Earth by Satan, stars and constellations were personified as human beings who walked the Earth through astrological myth.

If the "end" has not already come then signs in the heavens from god (astrology) is something Christians should look forward to and embrace since it's a sign that Jesus is coming back, yet certain Christians in this thread say that astrology and signs in the sky are evil and against Christianity.

Why would god put signs in the sky with the sun, moon, and stars to signify Jesus' return if he thinks astrology is evil and against the religion he instituted?
edit on 2/6/2014 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by chiram

I'm not reworking anything, I'm just pointing out all of the similarities between astrology, astronomy, the zodiac, and the stories within the NT. Anyone with an objective view on things will see just how clear the connections and correlations are and that they cannot just be coincidence.

Some people have been calling the connections "superficial", but that is their cognitive dissonance and denial speaking. They say the connections are "superficial" yet they fail to acknowledge their clear existence.

Also, the link you left me to the book doesn't have 626 pages, it barely has 200 if even that. Maybe you gave the wrong link?
edit on 2/6/2014 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

Chiram: Ok, had a look at your posting history (41 posts a day give or take); you appear to be baiting people with a barrage of questions. Nearly all your threads have a question mark behind them and your knowledge of the Roman Empire reminds me of another poster on here “Protoplasmictraveler” and his epic thread “All Roads Lead to Rome.”

Now ‘Protoplasmictraveler’ was friends with 'Zorgon, Amaterasu, and IX-777' (Edward Maggador Alexander) on here, all receiving the ban hammer from ATS and all resorted to name calling ATS is CIA. Could it be all these posters are one and the same person??? Hmmm… food for thought.

Are you doing research for a book or something? There’s a lot of information on the internet people selling books about “Jesus Christ as the Sun God throughout History.” Is that some of your research? And no thanks I’m not biting, count me out.

edit on 7-2-2014 by chiram because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by chiram

Oh come on, now you're resorting to calling me a shill? Give me a break. Is that the only argument you can make against my posts at this point?

I have a particular interest in Christianity and Rome's role in its formation, other people happen to have the same area of interest, that doesn't mean we're all the same person. That's like me calling all the Christians on this board the same person.

I assure you, I'm my own person with this one username. Am I not allowed to share interests with other members?

No I'm not working on any sort of book and no I'm not trying to convert you or anyone else, I'm just sharing my thoughts on the subject with other members. But I'll take you asking if I'm writing a book as a compliment, if the info I'm sharing is good enough to be published then maybe I'm doing something right. I don't think so, but thank you for that.

ETA: I don't know where you're getting your 40 posts a day figure from because I just checked my profile and it shows 10 posts per day.
edit on 2/7/2014 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Chiram:
Now ‘Protoplasmictraveler’ was friends with 'Zorgon, Amaterasu, and IX-777' (Edward Maggador Alexander) on here, all receiving the ban hammer from ATS and all resorted to name calling ATS is CIA. Could it be all these posters are one and the same person??? Hmmm… food for thought.

Sounds like "sour grapes" to me! I wonder who "Chiram" was in his earlier ATS incarnation and what he did to get the ban hammer to come down on him? Seems he's still a lil bit bitter! Well, we'll see how long he last this time! LOL!

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1: Oh come on, now you're resorting to calling me a shill? Give me a break.

Chiram: Where did I call you a shill – please point.

3NL1GHT3N3D1: I have a particular interest in Christianity and Rome's role in its formation, other people happen to have the same area of interest, that doesn't mean we're all the same person. That's like me calling all the Christians on this board the same person.

Chiram: My comments were that your interpretations on the Roman Empire reminded me of another poster on here “Protoplasmictraveler.” My observation from your threads was that you appear to be hitting posters with a barrage of questions.

3NL1GHT3N3D1: I assure you, I'm my own person with this one username. Am I not allowed to share interests with other members?

Chiram: Well it’s so very easy for posters nowadays to download software that hides their IP addresses. Now let’s be clear I am not accusing you of anything, something like this can only be determined by someone using Computer Forensics, for which I use only a very basic form which allows me to track posters, but not their IP address, and I can assure you I have had much success up to now.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   

windword

Chiram:

Sounds like "sour grapes" to me! I wonder who "Chiram" was in his earlier ATS incarnation and what he did to get the ban hammer to come down on him? Seems he's still a lil bit bitter! Well, we'll see how long he last this time! LOL!

Chiram: Well, well, well it appears to have hit a nerve. If something doesn’t go down too well smear, smear, smear. As you can see from my avatar NO ban hammer for “Chiram” check with ATS if you like, so you need to please explain your comments. Of course there are always those that would seek to quieten Chiram with the use of subtle threats. But no, Chiram doesn’t tolerate threats in any shape or form.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 02:37 AM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1: ETA: I don't know where you're getting your 40 posts a day figure from because I just checked my profile and it shows 10 posts per day

Chiram: I logged 36 of your posts on 04/FEB/2014 - Maybe I scrolled further down on your page to get a listing of your 40 posts per day. Check for yourself.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by chiram

Chiram: Where did I call you a shill – please point.

You're implying that I am someone who has previously been banned. Maybe shill was the wrong word, but you are still implying I am not who I claim to be.

Chiram: My comments were that your interpretations on the Roman Empire reminded me of another poster on here “Protoplasmictraveler.” My observation from your threads was that you appear to be hitting posters with a barrage of questions.

Just because I have come to the same conclusion as others on this board does not mean I am those other members, that's what you seem to be implying here.

I ask questions to get people to think on them, I ask them and then lay out my own personal opinion as to the answer of those questions. I don't see how that means anything though, especially in relation to what you are implying.

Chiram: Well it’s so very easy for posters nowadays to download software that hides their IP addresses. Now let’s be clear I am not accusing you of anything, something like this can only be determined by someone using Computer Forensics, for which I use only a very basic form which allows me to track posters, but not their IP address, and I can assure you I have had much success up to now.

So since that software exists and since I share some similar beliefs as others you automatically jump to the conclusion that I may be using it and may be these other members?

You're showing your cognitive dissonance now, bringing up entirely unrelated topics and assumptions in order to ignore the validity of my claims.

Even if I were these other members, how does that have any bearing on the information I present? Does your implication of me having multiple accounts detract from the truth of what I say? No it doesn't, so I'm wondering why you even brought it up in the first place.

Again, I am my own person, just because I have come to a similar conclusion as others based on information available to anyone else doesn't mean I am not who I claim to be. You are trying to somehow paint me as a liar within your own mind in order to ease the dissonance that you are experiencing from the information I am presenting in this thread.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by chiram

Chiram: Well, well, well it appears to have hit a nerve. If something doesn’t go down too well smear, smear, smear.

Um...isn't this the EXACT thing you're trying to do to me? Trying to smear my image by implying I am a previously banned member under a new name?

Pot meet kettle. In the span of only one post you have shown your hypocrisy. LOL!

As you can see from my avatar NO ban hammer for “Chiram” check with ATS if you like, so you need to please explain your comments. Of course there are always those that would seek to quieten Chiram with the use of subtle threats. But no, Chiram doesn’t tolerate threats in any shape or form.

Oh, but there is software that hides your IP address and only a Computer Forensics expert can determine if you really are who you say you are. LOL!

Are you serious? Look in the mirror. How do we know you're not Protoplasmictraveler? How do we know you're not some other Christian on this site and are posting on multiple accounts?

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by chiram

Oh I'm sorry, I'll try to post less because apparently if you post more than a certain amount in one day that means you're a liar and not who you say you are. Sorry if I post more than you're comfortable with, how many posts per day are you comfortable with? I'll try to limit it to that number from now on.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   

How do we know you're not Protoplasmictraveler?

Oh no, I followed Protoplasmictraveler, and Chiram is NO Protoplasmictraveler! LOL!

It's quite a compliment he's paying you really, Zorgon and Protoplasmictraveler, wrapped into one poster, YOU! HAHA! Those two were some of the finest thread contributors ATS has ever seen!

Nope, Chiram is no Protoplasmictraveler, he's merely seeing the ghosts of his past enemies. He's seeing the wisdom memorialized in their threads and mirrored posts in your words and posts! IRONY! HAHA!

It's funny to see so many posters, deflecting and trying derail this thread. They spinning out of control with insults and inuendo while refusing to back up their claims and positions, when it comes to the Jesus theme and the Sun God template. Talk about hitting a nerve!

edit on 7-2-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

I checked out the "All Roads Lead to Rome" thread and it's fantastic, no way I'd ever be able to put a thread like that out, way too good a thread for little old me. But yes, I will take it as a compliment that he thinks I'm him, seems like I'm in good company there.

Some people definitely are taking this thread off-topic, but how can you blame them when they've been proven wrong so thoroughly in so many different ways? They have to try and save face, otherwise they'd have to admit they're wrong. Can't do that though, they have "faith" it's all true despite the facts.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Chiram: Yes that’s right Chiram is NO Protoplasmictraveler LOL. A bit of logic says I wouldn’t be dumping on myself, right. Neither has Chiram been banned. Cant you come up with something a bit better than that?

Windward: It's quite a compliment he's paying you really, Zorgon and Protoplasmictraveler, wrapped into one poster, YOU! HAHA! Those two were some of the finest thread contributors ATS has ever seen!

Chiram: As for Proto’s thread “All Roads Lead to Rome” quite a few holes in it, dispersed throughout with bits of propaganda. If it was such a great thread, why wasn’t a book produced?

3NL1GHT3N3D1: Some people definitely are taking this thread off-topic, but how can you blame them when they've been proven wrong so thoroughly in so many different ways?

Chiram: Taking this thread off-topic – include yourself in that, your participating in it too, aren’t you? Proven wrong according to you, hahaha. The facts are I never said you were a shill or claimed that you were Protoplasmictraveler! You’ve put your own connotations on that. You’re the one that’s making defamatory remarks to posters such as “are you a troll account” right. END OF STORY.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by chiram

So WHY did you even bring it up? There had to be a reason right? Because it has absolutely NOTHING to do with the topic. So why would you say I share similar beliefs with another member then go on to imply this other member had multiple accounts if you weren't implying that I was him or her?

You know exactly what you were doing, don't lie to yourself.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1: So WHY did you even bring it up? There had to be a reason right? Because it has absolutely NOTHING to do with the topic. So why would you say I share similar beliefs with another member then go on to imply this other member had multiple accounts if you weren't implying that I was him or her?

Chiram: So why did I bring it up. Because your participation in this thread “Mystery Religion, Jesus the Sun God” reminds me of another thread Proto was on ” The Vatican – Global Domination – The Sun God” Here this thread appears to be a re-do of that thread. I said you REMINDED me of another poster on here. Here’s Proto’s post below for reference:

Protoplasmictraveler: There is such a wealth of information that Christianity is a sun worship cult that centers on using the important milestone dates of the life, times and death of Jesus Christ to mark important moments in the sun and the planet’s equinox cycles.

Catholic mass is mixed with the pomp and circumstance of an ancient Roman ceremonial court event.

When the sermons are read in Latin the words are actually part of a mystic rite for the priests to tap into universal energy which they do while imbibing with psychedelic mushrooms.

Their robes are actually designed to each one mimic the looks of particular psychedelic mushrooms.

Chiram: Maybe Proto’s the one that’s been consuming too many magic mushrooms, maybe that was his downfall. Come on now "The priests robes are each designed to mimic the looks of particular psychdelic mushrooms". What a load of rot.

Judging from your other posts in this thread, your comments appear argumentative, I will not engage with you in conversation any longer; this is the end of my participation in this thread. Thank you and good day.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   
He kind of hit the nail right on the head. Also, awesome use of double third person.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by pleasethink

He hit the nail on the head by implying I'm not who I say I am? Come on, that's laughable at best and pathetic at worst. I guess since you guys have nothing to disprove what I say or anything to counter my points with you resort to smearing me? Try harder.

Address the message not the messenger.
edit on 2/8/2014 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 02:32 AM
link   

I did. I addressed his message and thought it was pretty accurate. This being about this post seems really similar to the other post, which is quite well known. I believe that anyone with knowledge of the situation can see the similarities. Plus his awesome third person is awesome. Don't get all mad and stuff. Plus you are kind of baiting people.

Do you want ATS to ban all christians? Sounds like religious intolerance. Hmmm.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by nenothtu

Like the OP points out, there is a space of 1.5 degrees on either side of each zodiac sign that represents the transition between each zodiac.

30 + 1.5 + 1.5 = 33

Bad math.

Let's assume you are correct, for the sake of argument, and all of the zodiacal constellations are exactly 30 degrees each - they are not, but the assumption is for the sake of the argument. Now, if those 1.5 degree strips to either side are actually "spaces" as you suggest, or "transitions" as they OP suggests, then they are not part of the constellations - they are either "spaces" or "transitions", therefore not part of the constellation by definition. The are " 'tweens ", since they are between the constellations. No man's land, that sort of thing. This has the effect of decreasing the constellation sizes, not increasing them per your assertion, since there is only a fixed size area of sky to work with.

The proper math is subtraction, not addition.

30 - 1.5 - 1.5 = 27... not 33.

edit on 2014/2/8 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   

EsotericGod

Now the problem is is that if Jesus Christ was a real person, then there is simply too much coincidence with astronomy.

12 disciples - 12 constellations
died at 33 - sun moves house at 33rd degree
Jesus dies on the cross - the sun dies on the zodiac

What are the chances of a person sharing the exact same life and teachings to that of the world and the heavens above us.

3 congruencies constitute "exact" these days? since the first two have already been dealt with and debunked, I'm getting stuck at the third. That's because I'm trained as an astronomer, rather than an astrologer, and so I have no knowledge of the sun "dying" anywhere on the ecliptic. I need further information - just where does the sun "die" on the zodiac? What brings it back to life only to let it "die" over and over again?

To the best of my knowledge of christianity, Jesus is only claimed to have died once - where is the repetitiveness, the continual dying and rebirth, that would be necessitated if his life were exactly congruent with, and based upon, the zodiac?

Say there are 1,000 references in the bible in regards to Jesus being the son of god.

Say that these 1,000 references can be interpreted by astronomy.

In comparison, there are 100 references to Jesus being a baker.

This means that although there is a chance that Christians got there religion from a bakery, there is a much higher chance that they got there religion from 'God' or 'Astronomy'.

And -

EsotericGod

1000 was a random number. There are possibly many, many more. You have got to be kidding me if you really think that i am going to list each of these. If you are interested in an example then here is a link to the OP - The Mystery Religion – Jesus (The Sun of God)

By your own admission, the number "1000" here is an arbitrary number. It was constructed solely to support an otherwise untenable argument. How many congruencies do you actually see? How many are there in your mind, in concrete, verifiable numbers? "possibly many more" also means "possibly none at all". "Possibly" is "possibly", not concrete enough to work with, but mutable enough to mislead.

Ignorance is bliss. Believe what you choose to believe.

Indeed.

edit on 2014/2/8 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join