It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1 year and 6 days and a review of time spent

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I started writing this 3 days ago after I realized I was on ATS for over a year. I deleted the original. I found ATS and was only a lurker for maybe 2 weeks until I wanted to join the fray. It's been an interesting year, not just on ATS but life in general. I've shared only so much about myself personally, and I rather like it that way. There's a saying that rolling around in my head as of lately and, most will know the quote minus some word play.

"It's not what you can do for ATS, rather what can ATS do for you"

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

This site has done the following:

1 ~ Vocabulary, I can't stress this enough as this is a reading based group participation forum, after reading so much you start to pick up on better words to describe feelings.

2 ~ Articulation, while leveling up #1 you learn not only utilize that stated but also in "real time", the day to day grind of life.

3 ~ Perception, this is a hard one to the extent, this site brings all walks of life and perceptions in one place. I live in Chicago, it's literally like living in Chicago. ATS the other "boiling pot"

4 ~ Ignorance, personally speaking my tone and demeanor wrap'd up 1~3 has altered #4, I would say for the better and then sometimes well, emotions tend to get the best of even the greatest. That's when #3 comes more into play.

I've been kind, naive, even a bastard to some pending #'s 3~4. I'm no 10 yr. member like some here (or more), I can't say where the next year will take me on this site, nor should it matter as long as I don't stop learning and expanding 1~4 to better myself in the long scheme of the play.

I've been into the topics that are discussed here long before I ever crash landed in ATSville.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
As of lately, I haven't been contributing as much as I normally do. Maybe, I'm choosing my debates wiser to see where one initial poster goes, maybe it's just feeling disconnected. I've been spending more time "experiencing and living" than typing. Maybe I don't want to miss the movie that is my life.

This world is not a pretty place, spending a year on ATS affirms this. For as long as the Human Race has trekked, there is so much farther to go it can be daunting thinking about it.

Normally, I would put up a list of favorite posters and members (well I did on my 6 month review anyway)

Considering #'s 1~4 I have come to a conclusion. I enjoy every last one of you on this site~! There's really no reason not to, if you can't comprehend this part, well, I'm sorry, I'm only accountable for myself and my family.

So, if I ticked you off at one time, made you laugh another, or really think about something in a different manner and/or have done the same for me I only do it because I love my family here on ATS and that's what family does be it blood family or conspiracy it's all the same once you play past the semantics of life.

Since I can't /applaud anyone, the next best thing would be present a
to all the ATSer's here!

Thank you, see you soon, have a wonderful day and lastly.

Best regards,

sulaw

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
What. The. Heck. I had to fragment my entire post... It wouldn't take it all and kept cutting it off... I'm sorry... New work comp... Operational Error.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Counting your stars....you have chosen wiser in your subjects apparently. Haven't seen you before..but keep an eye out now.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

sulaw
What. The. Heck. I had to fragment my entire post... It wouldn't take it all and kept cutting it off... I'm sorry... New work comp... Operational Error.

Then - shouldn't you be working instead of saluting yourself on the work computer doing non-work stuff?

Just wondering...

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Rochester

This is a good observation! Break time!

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I can relate to what you said
I found this site when I was about 16, 10 years ago. My mind was #ed at that age and reading some of the threads on ATS woke me up allot to why I was living in such a #ed up environment. Something sparked an interest in alternative news when I was young and ATS just took that desire to know more right to the stratosphere. I obviously thank the members who post here, allot of them who have left or been banned too - There's been some real characters on here for sure

Rochester
Then - shouldn't you be working instead of saluting yourself on the work computer doing non-work stuff?

Just wondering...

Why is that any of your business?

Just wondering. . .

---

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
n00bUK

Employers pay people to work and not to surf or do "fun stuff" on the company provided computer.

Why is it any of your business that I disagree with the OP for using his work computer to do non-work stuff - congratulating himself for being here 1 year - REALLY?

You do not have to like my post but I am entitled to my opinion.

edit on 29-1-2014 by Rochester because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Rochester I am entitled to my opinion.

Me too mate

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Great post. I totally agree that it is all of the vastly different people on ATS that makes it great. Just look at the your responses here. Two people disagree and they air it out for all to see. It's most amusing sometimes

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Happy ATS Anniversary!!!!!!!!

new topics

top topics

join