It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Threats to Sochi Olympics Whistleblower: 'You Will Be Drowned in Blood!'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Threats to Sochi Olympics Whistleblower: 'You Will Be Drowned in Blood!'

A Russian businessmen said he is a "marked man" after publicly alleging officials in the office of President Vladimir Putin demanded payoffs in exchange for Olympic construction contracts in Sochi.

"You will be drowned in blood," Valery Morozov said he was told after fleeing Russia for Great Britain in the wake of his allegations of rampant corruption surrounding the Olympics.

"The contract is there," Morozov told ABC News for a report to be broadcast tonight on ABC News' "World News With Diane Sawyer" and "Nightline".

He says he believes the greatest chance of an attempt on his life will come after the Olympic Games are concluded in late February.

"I've no regrets and I'm not a man who regrets," the former construction executive said.

abcnews.go.com...

Morozov's allegations, first made public in 2010, are part of chorus of allegations that the Sochi Olympics will be the most expensive and most corrupt ever.

"Everybody knows this is the most criminal case in the history of Russia," said Boris Nemtsov, a former Russian deputy prime minister and Putin rival.

Nemtsov said he has documented evidence that huge amounts of an estimated $50 to $60 billion spent on Olympics projects has ended up in the bank accounts of well-connected Russian officials and businessmen.

"My estimation is that they stole $30 billion altogether," Nemtsov told ABC News.

So, Russia, the nation of freedom for Snowden (okay I realize he didn't have many options but will never get over that…) is in the spotlight for olympics corruption.

Putin originally claimed the olympics would cost around 12 billion, but a construction executive, whistleblower, has claimed the russians have spent more like 50-60 billion on it, and pocketed around 30 billion among the higher ups in charge for construction projects.

Related:

As The Economist explained, the initial Russian bid was $12 billion, which was already the most expensive Winter Olympics in history. But that was a crazy silly estimate: As it turned out, simply one of the roads they're building is going to cost $9 billion. One of the main reasons it's turning out to be so expensive is because many of the construction "companies" in charge are run by pals of President Putin. A line in the story about this almost sounds like a Yakov Smirnoff joke: "In Russia corruption is not a side-effect: It is a product almost as important as the sporting event itself." (In Russia, corporations construct you!)

www.sportsonearth.com...

It's almost a comical caricature of corruption you might see somewhere else. So you have someone in power, hand out all these bids to his friends, "Ok Ivan, we must need bild a ski jemp. Vat we having for dis?"

Putin's friends' companies are also not good at, well, construction: The ski jump, for example, has already "been redone several times," and sewage pipes keep bursting, leaving some lingering, oh, unpleasantness. There are constant environmental issues. Everything keeps breaking.

In a sense, it kind of outlines what happens everywhere else, except that it's blatantly obvious done here.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
No conspiracy here, just business as usual.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

yamammasamonkey
No conspiracy here, just business as usual.

In Soviet Russia, it is conspiracy to not having conspiracy.
edit on 29-1-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I urge everyone to watch this BBC documentary of Sochi.
Its both Hilarious and sad.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
So whats NEW..in the world of the Olympics.............The games have been used and abused by nearly every venue and country for graft,propaganda and any other anti social activity you can imagine...
Its time we stopped supporting this ELITE run money machine and got away from such frivolity and stupidity...
The whole sports venue of the world is a rip off much like the banking system,.....a tool of the elite for self aggrandizement.
and a corrupt source of income and influence.......................I do NOT support or watch this silly freak show..................
Its simply a distraction for the masses............and a slap in the face of the poorest of us......

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

That's funny. Made me think of comedian Smirnoff.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

This article seems to confirm what is being talked about in your article.

Vancouver man appalled at Sochi conditions after working on ski, snowboarding courses

A Vancouver man may be on his way back home from a work assignment at the Sochi Olympics, days after blogging about Russian red tape, $75 for a couple of small pizzas, a filthy hotel room with muddy water and no hot showers and a two-hour commute.

But the biggest concern for Johnnie Balfour is that he worried he wasn’t going to get paid.

Balfour, who was part of the construction crew for the courses at Cypress Mountain for the 2010 Winter Olympics, blogged earlier this month that he had been invited to help build the Sochi tracks for the 2014 Winter Games that start next month.

“So I’m off to Russia!” he wrote.

The next entry on his Tumblr blog, dated Jan. 21, from Balfour, an ex-Australian soldier who now lives with his wife and baby in Vancouver, is much less enthusiastic. It included a video of his accommodations, “which really doesn’t show how bad this place is,” he wrote.

“The toilet flushes muddy water, there is no hot water, the shower floor is covered in dirt and mud, there was p--- all over the toilet, the water is undrinkable (it’s brown), it’s even sketchy to brush your teeth in it, and the idea of having internet in this place is a joke.”

Click link for remainder of article...

top topics

join