It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
A farm shed in Rasdorf, Germany, burst into flames after a heard of 90 cows produced enough combustible methane gas from just their farts .
According to the local police, a static electric charge caused the gas to explode with flashes of flames...
Even though one cow can emit up to 500 litres of methane every day, fortunately, explosions due to cow flatulence is not frequent.
The roof was damaged and one of the cows was injured in the blast in the central German town of Rasdorf.
Thanks to the belches and flatulence of the 90 dairy cows in the shed, high levels of the gas had built up.
Then "a static electric charge caused the gas to explode with flashes of flames" ...
Emergency services attended the farm and took gas readings to test for the risk of further blasts...