It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Farts of 90 cows cause explosion in German farm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Farts of 90 cows cause explosion in German farm
www.aninews.in...

A farm shed in Rasdorf, Germany, burst into flames after a heard of 90 cows produced enough combustible methane gas from just their farts .

According to the local police, a static electric charge caused the gas to explode with flashes of flames...

Even though one cow can emit up to 500 litres of methane every day, fortunately, explosions due to cow flatulence is not frequent.

German cows cause methane blast in Rasdorf
www.bbc.co.uk...

The roof was damaged and one of the cows was injured in the blast in the central German town of Rasdorf.

Thanks to the belches and flatulence of the 90 dairy cows in the shed, high levels of the gas had built up.

Then "a static electric charge caused the gas to explode with flashes of flames" ...

Emergency services attended the farm and took gas readings to test for the risk of further blasts...

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I found this interesting and funny at the same time. If the cause of the blast was due to farts begs me to question the ventilation system in the barn and if it was malfunctioned or not used at all. Imagine walking through a barn full of cow fart...I am sure I would puke before dying of gas inhalation

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

LMAO!

I flagged it because... it made me smile.

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
This is already being discussed here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Methane, just what MILLION S of fracking wells are spewing into the atmosphere by the tons everyday, 24/7!.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
This thread has been posted three or four times in the past week. I can understand missing old threads in the jumble, but really?

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Please use the existing thread to continue the discussion.

Flatulent cows start fire at German dairy far

Thread Closed.

new topics

top topics

join