It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hating America! **On Fox Channel** over now

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger

Originally posted by Jamuhn
I know you only created this thread to keep being a troll and get points, but there was no single originator of this theory. Many people around the globe realized all by themselves that it was a conspiracy.

Oh really, and just how many copies of this guys book have sold in the Middle East? The Story said that it made the TOP seller list in France for 6 weeks! Says a lot. Even the Canadian guy that adheres to this theory had to admitt to reading the guys book!

9/11: The Big Lie
by Thierry Meyssan

See Picture of Cover that started it all

Originally posted by rayzor11
IMO - the true roots of anti-americanism in europe can be traced back to its inability to protect itself during the cold war...instead relying on its estranged big brother to once again "take care of things"

...let the steady stream of denials BEGIN!

I kind of spoke to this in the above post, but you are correct...

Mmmm. Do you know how many books on 9/11 there are now? Some are disinformation, and some are information. Disinfo is pretty easy to spot, if you know how.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I don't hate America, I just hate those oligarchs who control America. I have many cousins that live in America, and other American freinds and relatives. Nice lot.

Deep

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by taibunsuu
Mmmm. Do you know how many books on 9/11 there are now? Some are disinformation, and some are information. Disinfo is pretty easy to spot, if you know how.

That was one of the first though and it is apparently the one that started it all, you know the 5 Isreali's arrested etc etc Flight 77 etc etc, you are one that believes it was an inside job right?

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 11:26 PM
link   

That was one of the first though and it is apparently the one that started it all, you know the 5 Isreali's arrested etc etc Flight 77 etc etc, you are one that believes it was an inside job right?

Yep, what I think doesn't concur with the 9/11 panel, is one way to put it. However, this book misses the important facts and focuses on disinfo, and its disinfo concerning Flight 77 being a Global Hawk has been debunked famously right here on ATS.

Now, if Fox had interviewed Michael Ruppert and featured "Crossing the Rubicon," I'd be impressed. I knew when you mentioned that they talked to a 9/11 conspiracist that looked like an idiot, they'd feature a book that is harmless because it is obvious fiction. People see that its fiction and the conspiracy theories challenging the official version get a bad reputation. That's how disinfo works.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Exactly talibansuu; there are a lot of people who do believe that 9/11 wasn't kosher, but that doesn't neccesarily mean they believe the government perpetrated it themselves. A more likely scenario, is that Bush and his cohorts had strong evidence an attack was going to occur, but avoided it so they could use it as a precursor for things such as Afghanistan, the Patriot Act, and of course, Iraq.

That is also the reason why in my mind, another terrorist attack will occur sometime during Bush's administration. The reason? We've yet to fully conquer Eurasia, and given the fact that the American people have sort of settled down into a complacent and anti-war state, it will take nothing more than a spectacularly catastrophic attack for Bush to be able to rally the masses for our next conquest. It doesn't matter who does the attack, he doesn't even need to draw any dots, all he needs to do is rally the masses into a violent frenzy. To quote Shakespeare:

Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the citizenry into a patriotic fervor, for patriotism is indeed a double-edged sword. It both emboldens the blood, just as it narrows the mind.

And when the drums of war have reached a fever pitch and the blood boils with hate and the mind has closed, the leader will have no need in seizing the rights of the citizenry. Rather, the citizenry, infused with fear and blinded by patriotism, will offer up all of their rights unto the leader and gladly so.

How do I know? For this is what I have done. And I am Caesar.

And in the end, this would truely be nothing more than conspiratorial drivel. If it weren't for the fact that there is a reason for all of this madness. Oil, our country is dependent upon oil, cars are dependent upon oil, crops are dependent upon oil, and the creation of important synthetics like plastic is all dependent upon oil. But there is a problem, we are running out of oil, and Eurasia contains the most abundant supply remaining. So what are we doing? We are in a conquest to grab the last bits of oil, because believe me, the country which controls the oil in the next 20 years will be the country that controls the world.

But don't take my word for it...research it yourself, edsinger.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by keke
Exactly talibansuu; there are a lot of people who do believe that 9/11 wasn't kosher, but that doesn't neccesarily mean they believe the government perpetrated it themselves. A more likely scenario, is that Bush and his cohorts had strong evidence an attack was going to occur, but avoided it so they could use it as a precursor for things such as Afghanistan, the Patriot Act, and of course, Iraq.

That is also the reason why in my mind, another terrorist attack will occur sometime during Bush's administration. The reason? We've yet to fully conquer Eurasia, and given the fact that the American people have sort of settled down into a complacent and anti-war state, it will take nothing more than a spectacularly catastrophic attack for Bush to be able to rally the masses for our next conquest. It doesn't matter who does the attack, he doesn't even need to draw any dots, all he needs to do is rally the masses into a violent frenzy. To quote Shakespeare:

Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the citizenry into a patriotic fervor, for patriotism is indeed a double-edged sword. It both emboldens the blood, just as it narrows the mind.

And when the drums of war have reached a fever pitch and the blood boils with hate and the mind has closed, the leader will have no need in seizing the rights of the citizenry. Rather, the citizenry, infused with fear and blinded by patriotism, will offer up all of their rights unto the leader and gladly so.

How do I know? For this is what I have done. And I am Caesar.

And in the end, this would truely be nothing more than conspiratorial drivel. If it weren't for the fact that there is a reason for all of this madness. Oil, our country is dependent upon oil, cars are dependent upon oil, crops are dependent upon oil, and the creation of important synthetics like plastic is all dependent upon oil. But there is a problem, we are running out of oil, and Eurasia contains the most abundant supply remaining. So what are we doing? We are in a conquest to grab the last bits of oil, because believe me, the country which controls the oil in the next 20 years will be the country that controls the world.

But don't take my word for it...research it yourself, edsinger.

KeKe......

I may not agree with all that you say but HORRAY!!

Well written post man.

Later,
Reason

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I am american and i dont believe that the world hates us, maybe hate the gov which i dont like either but not the people. Honestly though if you have no contact with foriegners and are fed lies by the media then what other personal reference do you have. But I try to avoid stereotyping and like to think of everyone as individual humans. Not a collective body out to destroy and undermine the ideals of the US
Apparently were doing that well enough on our own.

[edit on 23-11-2004 by Franki]

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Do Americans hate individual people throughout the world? No.

Do people hate individiual Americans? No.

After being to 17 foreign countries, some with pretty wild anti-American demonstrations while I was there, I never met anyone that said "I hate Americans."

There are some people in the world that hold stereotypes about Americans, just as Americans hold stereotypes. Stereotyping is a human thing. I think I've abolished the stereotype beliefs in the foreigners I've talked to.

Some of the foreign friends I know who have come to America with predisposed ideas ended up leaving with completely different understanding of America. One thing many Europeans and Japanese have noted about America is a sense of optimism among Americans, and an ability for Americans to laugh at themselves.

Wise people know that when you have stereotypes and predisposed beliefs without actual experience, you will misjudge someone.

People in the country or rural areas of a country are always more friendly than those of a city.

When I was in Japan in 1995, in Okinawa, with the Marines, one Marine and two Sailors kidnapped a 12-year-old Japanese schoolgirl, drove her to a cane field, tied her up with duct tape and raped her repeatedly. I had many Okinawan friends at the time. There were large scale anti-American demonstrations about this. I dealt with the situation closely because I was in the main Public Relations department for the Marine Corps.

Trust me, it was pretty hard to hold your head high as a servicemember in Okinawa at that time.

When I met with Japanese individually, no one expressed hatred against me or my friends personally.

I went to Russia in 1998 while Russians were on TV burning American flags in protest of Operation Desert Fox - Clinton's bombing of Iraq around impeachment time. I walked off train in St. Petersburg and nearly stepped into a massive Russian Nazi rally. The whole time I was there I had to converse in Russian many times. Despite my inostradnetz (foreigner) accent no one criticized me. People were very polite and helpful.

About that time in Helsinkin I had to spend a night in youth hostel with two Iraqi guys. This is while US is bombing Iraq on TV. We had very civil conversations and they were friendly.

So, no, the world may disagree with US Government policy, but I can quantifiably say that foreigners hate American people no more than American people hate foreigners.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Well put, taibunsuu.

Being a 'foreigner' I can only say I agree wholeheartedly with your conclusion.

Thank you.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
However, what I do find, is dismay at the current US foreign policy, which has nothing to do with the US or its people, and which serves only to alienate and turn more people into terrorists willing to fight the US.

Yes its that poopie foreign policy you guys have persued for the last 100 years. (Yes its starts with the invasion of the Phillipines in 1890 something).

Then there is the blatant disregard for the rule of international law. (Reagans little run-in with the World Court about his Nicaragua operations)

I can go on with this but it has all been said and ignored before....

One final thing tht really gets up peoples noses... and thats the ignorance with which the American people choose to dismiss all these crimes and claim to be non-imerialistic and philanthropic when it comes to geo-politics. Thats when the Rest of the World steps back and says : " Yeah you guys just go and believe whatever, just leave th rest of us the #$%#$$ alone!"

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Do Americans hate individual people throughout the world? No.

So, no, the world may disagree with US Government policy, but I can quantifiably say that foreigners hate American people no more than American people hate foreigners.

I have to agree, great post. But the tide IS changing, and the American people are being singled out especially after the elections.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   

the American people are being singled out especially after the elections.

You always say, you never give a crap about others, so you should just be happy about it....I thought that's what you wanted!

Amelia

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   
When is someone going to QUOTE the things I said on page #2 and tell me i'm wrong! I'm really feeling left out. C'mon people.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Oh really, and just how many copies of this guys book have sold in the Middle East? The Story said that it made the TOP seller list in France for 6 weeks! Says a lot. Even the Canadian guy that adheres to this theory had to admitt to reading the guys book!

I've never even heard of this book. What are you talking about man? Your article is making you delirious. There is no single theory, but people who have discovered such things for themselves.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn

I've never even heard of this book. What are you talking about man? Your article is making you delirious. There is no single theory, but people who have discovered such things for themselves.

Jamuhn, this French guy was the first to publish a book spouting the theory that it was an inside job, when asked about the cell calls from family members of Flight 77, he just shrugged.
I can not help it if you have never heard of him but it would do some good to do some research into the history of this conspiracy and this guys name is all over it.

[edit on 23-11-2004 by edsinger]

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   

I can not help it if you have never heard of him but it would do some good to do some research into the history of this conspiracy and this guys name is all over it.

I have and I've never heard of this guy. The author of this article would like to assert one man is responsible because they feel it would be easier to debunk just his arguments and his person in general. As well, by ascribing it to one person, french nonetheless, they can strike the credibility of it being something noticed by millions if not billions of people across the globe.

It's propaganda, pure and simple. What else do you expect from Faux or any other news source for that matter. You only hear what they want you to hear, whether it be truthful or not. And in this case, it isn't.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
First, I did'nt see the faux show since I rarely turn that channel on but I do know that when I see something on Fox, it's all propaganda. I'm glad to see that the general population in the US is not hated by the rest of the world but I do understand the hatred for "our" arrogance toward other countries due to a government that dosen't know whether coming or going. BC did work with other countries and I think that mended a lot of ways but even during BCs presidency, the Newts, Delays, Rushs, Bushs were creating problems running their mouths, making backdoor deals and undermining the good that was being accomplished. A presidential "BJ" was not worth all the havok and destruction caused by the rightwing. We have to think beyond all of that and move on.

People in the US need to turn off those new channels and start looking around a little,(Sorry Ed) but Fox is the worst and all the rest have bought into the gig and are bowing to rightwing propaganda. The news is supposed to be Liberal and unbiased by not supporting any particular party's view. When the new hides things like coffins returning from battle, the number of troops injured, the carnage we have caused in Iraq, that is despicable and un American as well as pie in the face of non-Americans. This is why I go to sites like Al Jazeera, BBC and several other global news sites that present a different view.

As for the 911 conspiracies, it will never stop. Most of it is just to far off the scale to even mention but people have to have something to keep themselved occupied with. Fact, the airplanes started the fires that brought the towers down and due to physics and circunstances punched a strange hole though the pentagon. The unsolved part is how much did the Bushies know about it before it happened.

I voted for the French looking candidate and please forgive the other 50.9% for being decieved. God Bless the whole World.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Jamuhn, this French guy was the first to publish a book spouting the theory that it was an inside job, when asked about the cell calls from family members of Flight 77, he just shrugged.

Edslinger, I heard about conspiracies regarding 9/11 within days of the event and that includes the theory about the missile hitting the Pentagon.

Don't try and put this on one person.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   
First, he was not the first person at all, but one of the first to publish a book on the subject and mislead millions in the process.

Fox News is the worst? We I totally disagree, the main 3 are so damn biased that you sould watch Fox just to get the other side of the story.

The reason that we do not see coffins is by executive order. Are your so morbid that you need to see them? the body count is available and that should suffice. Personally I think it is a good idea not to show them because of the propaganda that will come from the pictures. The folks who died deserve more respect than that.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Speaking as an Englishman, albeit in Spain, in times of crisis, most Brits still consider their natural allies to be the Americans, and definitely not Europe. This was confirmed in a recent Sky News viewer poll.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join