It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Hating America! **On Fox Channel** over now

page: 2
0
<< 1    3  4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Ed

My god...stop beign frustrated at everybody and stop watching Fox and CNN!!!
We like americans, but not americans like you
Stop making threads like that, everytime you r the only one fighting your ideas and people think you are old and crazy...
People like you are really getting on everybody's nerves..you wanna make people hate americnas, keep your good work
You are not helping your country AT ALL!!! You diss everyone that is #1:not american #2 not republican #3 against war

Stop it, please....try to think about something else than you, yourself and your country and see what's good instead of what's bad

Amelia




posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
the show was just stating that anti-Americanism there preceded Bush. I can remember the same thing when Reagan wanted the Pershing II's in Europe.


- Oh yes, the joys of 'the paranoid almost fried the planet 1980's' (at least 3 groundless but very near misses - that we know about) and our European security 'depending' on yet more nuclear weapons (Pershing 2's and nuclear armed cruise missile IIRC).

Funny how having the strategic submarine launched nuclear missiles (and NATO and all our treaties and agreements etc) just werent enough (even though France and the UK had these missile equipped submarines as well as the US) and we had to have a whole new layer of medium range missiles to supplement the startegic and short range stuff too.


Still I suppose if Reagan's war-perv's hadn't been able to base them in Europe to counter this supposed 'Soviet threat' then people might have asked more than a few questions about the billions upon billions spent developing the damned things.

....and nevermind that it created enormous strains and animosity within the alliance either, huh?

Great politics. Not.



posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
Instead of trying to explain to people that everyone in the US did not agree with the invasion of Iraq, you just pretend you are Canadian


That struck me as sort of low, too. I mean, he is pretty much saying "Eh, stereotyping is fine as long as they don't apply it to me."

Hell, why not just stop wearing a lapel pin at all?



posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Ed, the rest of us would prefer to stay away from Faux News. We like to hear the truth.
Hating America? nobody hates America. They hate the government. How many times do you have to be told?



posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
To the Americans that think 911 was an inside job, you have been duped. The originator of this theory looked like an idiot.


I know you only created this thread to keep being a troll and get points, but there was no single originator of this theory. Many people around the globe realized all by themselves that it was a conspiracy.

It might be hard to understand for you ed, but, people actually do think for themselves. They don't need herr bush telling them what to think backed by the propaganda machine of faux.

Think for yourself, ed.



posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger

To the Americans that think 911 was an inside job, you have been duped. The originator of this theory looked like an idiot.


Interesting. I didn't realize there was any particular originator of the theory. Who is this person?



posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Mmmm, a American show, shown in America, by Fox no less about how the World hates America.
Wouldn't be biased then would it?

Look, no one hates you, i don't even know you or any of the other 300 million US citizens who live there. I have no reason to hate you, and i think i can speak for the majority of Europeans. The US really needs to stop this paranoia, i know this is a conspiracy site but really the US needs to stop looking for enemies that don't exist. There are enough real one out there to contend with.

EDIT:Correction made to estimated US population density, after listening to the Voice of reason


[edit on 22-11-2004 by Janus]



posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janus
Mmmm, a American show, shown in America, by Fox no less about how the World hates America.
Wouldn't be biased then would it?

Look, no one hates you, i don't even know you or any of the other 100 million US citizens who live there. I have no reason to hate you, and i think i can speak for the majority of Europeans. The US really needs to stop this paranoia, i know this is a conspiracy site but really the US needs to stop looking for enemies that don't exist. There are enough real one out there to contend with.


Roughly 300 million to be exact.

Later,
Reason



posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by REASON

Originally posted by Janus
Mmmm, a American show, shown in America, by Fox no less about how the World hates America.
Wouldn't be biased then would it?

Look, no one hates you, i don't even know you or any of the other 100 million US citizens who live there. I have no reason to hate you, and i think i can speak for the majority of Europeans. The US really needs to stop this paranoia, i know this is a conspiracy site but really the US needs to stop looking for enemies that don't exist. There are enough real one out there to contend with.




Roughly 300 million to be exact.

Later,
Reason




Pffft!! I was only 200 mill out



posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   
IMO - the true roots of anti-americanism in europe can be traced back to its inability to protect itself during the cold war...instead relying on its estranged big brother to once again "take care of things"

follow that up with a steady bombardment of american culture...and the threat most euro's fear more than anything else - the increasing americanization of their own cultures

everything from music to fast food to fashion, etc, etc....its there and its a thorn in their collective sides

...let the steady stream of denials BEGIN!



posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by rayzor11
IMO - the true roots of anti-americanism in europe can be traced back to its inability to protect itself during the cold war...instead relying on its estranged big brother to once again "take care of things"

follow that up with a steady bombardment of american culture...and the threat most euro's fear more than anything else - the increasing americanization of their own cultures

everything from music to fast food to fashion, etc, etc....its there and its a thorn in their collective sides

...let the steady stream of denials BEGIN!



I would have to agree with you about the fast food and Music, i afraid that as far as Fashion goes well seeing as Paris, Milan and London are the centres of the Fashion world id have to disagree with you on that one.
I for one never had a problem with US forces in Europe but thats just me. As for our inability to defend ourselves, i think Britain did a pretty good job of that with out US help for quite a long time.



posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
Instead of trying to explain to people that everyone in the US did not agree with the invasion of Iraq, you just pretend you are Canadian


Unfortunately, there is an increase of violence towards Americans since the Iraq occupation, and I didn't want to invite an assault.

Plus, it's kind of embarrassing to be an American now.



posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janus

Originally posted by rayzor11
IMO - the true roots of anti-americanism in europe can be traced back to its inability to protect itself during the cold war...instead relying on its estranged big brother to once again "take care of things"

follow that up with a steady bombardment of american culture...and the threat most euro's fear more than anything else - the increasing americanization of their own cultures

everything from music to fast food to fashion, etc, etc....its there and its a thorn in their collective sides

...let the steady stream of denials BEGIN!



I would have to agree with you about the fast food and Music, i afraid that as far as Fashion goes well seeing as Paris, Milan and London are the centres of the Fashion world id have to disagree with you on that one.
I for one never had a problem with US forces in Europe but thats just me. As for our inability to defend ourselves, i think Britain did a pretty good job of that with out US help for quite a long time.


should have been more specific about the fashion...meaning the urban/hip-hop/athletic styles the kids are all wearing

sorry - wasn't referring to GB either...I don't really count GB as Euro....

after all, instead of keeping the pound as its currency for traditional, historic or independent reasons, the rest of Europe believes it was a pro-US, anti-Europe stance



posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   
No problem Rayzor, although we are a part of Europe i have a hard time thinking of myself as European. I'm a Proud Englishman just as i Know there are proud Scots, Welsh, Irish and yes proud Americans out there nothing wrong with that.
Europe doesn't hate the US and believe it or not we are thankful for the help over the last 80 odd years or so.



posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amelia
We like americans, but not americans like you

Stop it, please....try to think about something else than you, yourself and your country and see what's good instead of what's bad





Originally posted by sminkeypinkey

Originally posted by edsinger
the show was just stating that anti-Americanism there preceded Bush. I can remember the same thing when Reagan wanted the Pershing II's in Europe.


- Oh yes, the joys of 'the paranoid almost fried the planet 1980's' (at least 3 groundless but very near misses - that we know about) and our European security 'depending' on yet more nuclear weapons (Pershing 2's and nuclear armed cruise missile IIRC).



You really dont get it do you? The Perhing II's and GLCM's are what brought Gorby to the table. He knew the launch/flight times were to short and HE wanted them out. I wonder Why?



Originally posted by sminkeypinkey
Funny how having the strategic submarine launched nuclear missiles (and NATO and all our treaties and agreements etc) just werent enough (even though France and the UK had these missile equipped submarines as well as the US) and we had to have a whole new layer of medium range missiles to supplement the startegic and short range stuff too.



It was good for the French/Brits to have thier OWN Deterent and a survivable one at that. Again No clue....



Originally posted by sminkeypinkey
Still I suppose if Reagan's war-perv's hadn't been able to base them in Europe to counter this supposed 'Soviet threat' then people might have asked more than a few questions about the billions upon billions spent developing the damned things.


They WORKED! The best weapons are the ones you DONT have to use. I guess you are not to worried about 40,000 Warsaw pact tanks crossing the Fulda Gap anymore. Give Reagan some credit.




Originally posted by sminkeypinkey
....and nevermind that it created enormous strains and animosity within the alliance either, huh?Great politics. Not.



No it just told us who our allies were, I mean the American Taxpayer was bearing the brunt of Western Europe's defense for 50 years and now we see the gratitude.......I sure as hell hope most Europeans dont think like you and at least will admitt the past.



posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
I know you only created this thread to keep being a troll and get points, but there was no single originator of this theory. Many people around the globe realized all by themselves that it was a conspiracy.



Oh really, and just how many copies of this guys book have sold in the Middle East? The Story said that it made the TOP seller list in France for 6 weeks! Says a lot. Even the Canadian guy that adheres to this theory had to admitt to reading the guys book!

9/11: The Big Lie
by Thierry Meyssan



See Picture of Cover that started it all






Originally posted by rayzor11
IMO - the true roots of anti-americanism in europe can be traced back to its inability to protect itself during the cold war...instead relying on its estranged big brother to once again "take care of things"

...let the steady stream of denials BEGIN!



I kind of spoke to this in the above post, but you are correct...



posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I don't think people hate America, and particularly I do not think people hate Americans.

It is widely accepted that America is the most generous nation in recorded history. Whenever there is a disaster around the world who is there to help?
The American people.

I do think howveer that much of the world despairs at American foreign policy, travelling the world killing people.



posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Time and time again, Americans (the people) view an apple when there's an orange in front of us.
Almost everyone who "hates America" doesn't hate Americans, they hate our government, and heck, I can't blame them.



posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   


o the Americans that think 911 was an inside job, you have been duped. The originator of this theory looked like an idiot

i cannot find anything regarding this authour anywhere but on mainstream sites reviewing the book.
i have researched 9/11 heavily and never run across either of the so called experts that fox showcased. also ed, if this report was an eye opener for you, you are still as blind as you were before, probably even more so. just look at what is really there, what has happened and who has gained. listening to what they say will only thicken the wool



posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeingWatchedByThem
Time and time again, Americans (the people) view an apple when there's an orange in front of us.
Almost everyone who "hates America" doesn't hate Americans, they hate our government, and heck, I can't blame them.


Well I can. I think the United States is tired of getting screwed and has decided to do something about it, at least 51% of the voters do.




top topics



 
0
<< 1    3  4 >>

log in

join