It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Define evil

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by webedoomed

Outside the Jewish laws, which only apply to Jews anyway, the rod by which Christians are to measure if something is right or wrong, is the Ten Commandments. The Ten Commandments can be summarized into only two commandments: 1)Love God above all, 2)Love your neighbor as yourself.

The first 3 (or 4 depending of the version you use) are all about loving God above all.
The rest are all about love for your fellow man.
So again, all sin comes down to loving the wrong things more then the right ones.
Loving self more than either God, or your fellow man.

I'm not saying its wrong to love your family and such, because its not, as long as you don't turn them into false idols by doing so (ie. loving them more than God). Its also not wrong to love yourself, but you have to love others equally or more. That's why concepts such as loving your enemy is important in the bible.

reply to post by TKDRL

Some of that is human nature, but part of being a Christian is overcoming human nature. Its easy, even for Christians, to forget this, or not realize that they are doing it. The bible says that even the evil love their loved ones, again that is why its important for a Christian to also love their neighbor and even their enemy:

Luke 6:31 And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.

32 For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them.

33 And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same.

34 And if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again.

35 But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.

I hope that sort of answers it...

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

reply to post by Krazysh0t

Second, yes alcohol is a drug

Ok, so everyone is a sinner in the eyes of the Lord.

Also please prove this claim of yours of there being a genetic component of sin. Telling me that some angel told you that was true doesn't cut it. Produce the evidence or look silly for making outlandish claims.

If you had faith in Jesus Christ, YHWH would put you in contact with seraphs who are only to happy to tell you the truth.
If you laugh at His believers who do know the facts, then you will stay blind.

We are probably only weeks away from the 7 Year Tribulation followed by Judgement Day. If the world is run and owned by the atheist elite why are they obeying a book that will lead to their imminent destruction ?
Everyone can see world war 3 coming yet ignores Jesus's warning about 'Wars and rumours of wars'.

So your idea of ultimate goodness is faith in Jesus Christ? Sounds dumb to me. I guess all the ancient civilizations that didn't know about Christianity are all burning in hell then... All those poor Buddhists who are probably the closest to being humanly good are burning as well.

Before Jesus rose from the tomb, Sheol (hell) was a paradise where all dead rested. After He rose, all goodness and good spirits left Sheol to paradise with Him.
Since 0AD all lost spirits are damned to roam this planet until Judgement Day. Many of whom, are reborn and make the same mistakes over and over again. Hence, the nephilim and reincarnation.

God loves us all SOOO much that he is going to torture the majority of us for all eternity for the actions we did within a super small fraction of that eternity)

Remember, EVERYONE HAS A CHOICE

HEAVEN OR HELL

YOUR CHOICE

LUCIFER LOVES SINNERS
edit on 30-1-2014 by Rapha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Rapha
If you had faith in Jesus Christ, YHWH would put you in contact with seraphs who are only to happy to tell you the truth.
If you laugh at His believers who do know the facts, then you will stay blind.

We are probably only weeks away from the 7 Year Tribulation followed by Judgement Day. If the world is run and owned by the atheist elite why are they obeying a book that will lead to their imminent destruction ?
Everyone can see world war 3 coming yet ignores Jesus's warning about 'Wars and rumours of wars'.

I was raised Catholic buddy, I had faith in Jesus at one point. The fact that I am asking for proof from you, goes to show that none was provided to me by any seraphs or angels when I did believe. So I'm going to chalk your claim up to delusional hopes.

Also prove this claim that the world is run and owned by some sort of atheist elite. Last I checked the elites are just as religiously diverse as the rest of the world. So I have no idea where you got the need to ask your first question.

Just because WW3 appears to be imminent doesn't mean that the end of the world is upon us. First off, prove to me that WW3 is supposed to be the end of the world. Second off, Revelations has been imminent (according to Christians) for the last 2000 years, I grow weary of constantly being told the world is going to end soon then am left waiting for years on end. I call BS on that whole tripe. Of course that is mainly because I know what Revelations was REALLY written about.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
From DICK-opedia.org : Evil is the opposite of Good.
It all depends on which side of the definition you fight for.
Problem solved

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Some of that is human nature, but part of being a Christian is overcoming human nature. Its easy, even for Christians, to forget this, or not realize that they are doing it. The bible says that even the evil love their loved ones, again that is why its important for a Christian to also love their neighbor and even their enemy.

This.

Part of it is mastering your impulses and controlling them rather than letting them control you.

Sex, drugs, alcohol ... even food - not evil, but powerfully tempting

When you start to let your impulses and desires for these things control or rule you rather then you controlling your body's desires/needs for them, you start to stray into the territory of falling. You go overboard. You get selfish and greedy. You start being tempted to satisfy your own desires without regard to anyone else. They weaken your own control and lead you into doing things that put yourself or others at risk.

None of that means you can't have a drink or possibly smoke an occasional joint or even enjoy your wife or partner, but ... you need to be fully aware of the powerful temptations of the thing you are about to indulge in and all the potential consequences both to you and others.

This is why it is so very important that you first love yourself, and love yourself enough to know when you really should deny yourself something for your own good. And further love others as much as you love yourself because that leads you consider their needs and what's good for them as much as what would be good for you.

In other words, sure you'd like to get laid on a Friday, but is it really the best thing for you to pick up a stranger? Is it really the best thing for that stranger for you to pick her up and essentially use her to gratify your own needs?

Or maybe everyone else at the party is doing meth, and you never have. You'd like to fit in, but is it really a good idea to take that first hit? What if you get hooked? Is it really a good thing to do to yourself? Is it a smart risk to take? Or should you just take the possible social censure this time?

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Krazysh0t
The fact that I am asking for proof from you, goes to show that none was provided to me by any seraphs or angels when I did believe.

God doesn't provide proof, its part of having faith. Again even this goes back to self. Some will not believe in a higher power because they put their faith only in themselves out of personal pride. Basically they consider themselves their own god of sorts.

Krazysh0t
Also prove this claim that the world is run and owned by some sort of atheist elite.

The world is owned/run by Satan, the bible is pretty clear on this point. Its mentioned in there at least a half dozen times, either directly or indirectly. People who are prideful and self serving do tend to be the ones who accumulate and hoard huge levels of wealth. While they may even claim to believe in a religion, they really do not follow it. They cannot have two masters, and their self and their riches are their real master.

Krazysh0t
Just because WW3 appears to be imminent doesn't mean that the end of the world is upon us. First off, prove to me that WW3 is supposed to be the end of the world. Second off, Revelations has been imminent (according to Christians) for the last 2000 years, I grow weary of constantly being told the world is going to end soon then am left waiting for years on end. I call BS on that whole tripe.

The whole 7-year tribulation period thing is only one interpretation of biblical prophecy, and not necessarily the best.

Without going into too much detail here, the teaching of a future 7 year trib is called Futurism, which was Jesuit Dogma that the Catholic Church itself rejected in light of Preterism. It was written by a guy named Fransico Ribera as part of the Protestant Counter-Reformation. If you read the most comprehensive writing on the book of Revelation, The Horae Apocalypticae, you'll see that its stance is that Protestant Historicism is superior to both the RCC's Preterism and Futurism interpretations.

Historicism teaches that the entire age of the Church is the “end times”, this began in 70ad. So the whole reign of the Roman Catholic Church over Europe, the crusades, the black plague, the inquisition, Napoleon, Us Revolutionary War, the US Civil War, WWI & WWII, the tsunami, Fukusima, etc... All world events since the fall of Jerusalem in 70ad are part of the end times. This is what guys like Luther, Calvin, Wesley, and even Sir Issac Newton believed in.

So if you have a problem with what is written in prophecy, maybe its not what is actually written, but what interpretation you are following.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

"The other persons religion if it doesn't agree with yours."

In my opinion that has been the de facto definition for millenia.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Krazysh0t
I was raised Catholic buddy, I had faith in Jesus at one point. The fact that I am asking for proof from you, goes to show that none was provided to me by any seraphs or angels when I did believe. So I'm going to chalk your claim up to delusional hopes.

Everyones life is a test of faith. Believers cannot make a prayer and then expect a sweetie for positive payback like a child doing a chore for their parents.

Also prove this claim that the world is run and owned by some sort of atheist elite. Last I checked the elites are just as religiously diverse as the rest of the world.

ATS has shown loads of threads about the elite owning this world. Look at the ATS thread that mentioned how 89 people own 3 point something trillion.
Look familiar ?

Just because WW3 appears to be imminent doesn't mean that the end of the world is upon us. First off, prove to me that WW3 is supposed to be the end of the world.

According to Albert Pike, WW3 will be a war between Islam and Christianity. Look at Gulf War I & II. Iraq sanctions. Afganistan, Libya and almost Syria. Muslims against non-muslims. After WW3 comes the anti-christ.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Rapha
Everyones life is a test of faith. Believers cannot make a prayer and then expect a sweetie for positive payback like a child doing a chore for their parents.

Cop out answer. Faith should be rewarded. I spent a good portion of my life trying to follow that faith and not ONCE did God, Jesus, the Holy Spirit, Mary, or even their fricken donkey acknowledge their existence to me. So I owe them nothing.

ATS has shown loads of threads about the elite owning this world. Look at the ATS thread that mentioned how 89 people own 3 point something trillion.
Look familiar ?

Just because it shows up time and again on ATS doesn't make it true, not to mention I asked you to prove that the world is ran by atheists with some sort of end of the world agenda. Also, the idea that atheists would herald the end of the world doesn't even make sense. Atheists don't believe in god or gods so they wouldn't believe in crazy rituals or prophecies about the end of the world.

According to Albert Pike, WW3 will be a war between Islam and Christianity. Look at Gulf War I & II. Iraq sanctions. Afganistan, Libya and almost Syria. Muslims against non-muslims. After WW3 comes the anti-christ.

Crusades

Did you forget that these happened a long time ago? Just because Muslims and Christians are aggravating old wounds doesn't mean that the end times are imminent. Also what makes Albert Pike (a prominent KKK member) an authority on the end times? Because he was a Mason? Seems pretty far fetched to me. Sorry, I find the words of a racist predicting the end of the world through a giant racial/religious war a little hard to believe.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

defcon5
God doesn't provide proof, its part of having faith. Again even this goes back to self. Some will not believe in a higher power because they put their faith only in themselves out of personal pride. Basically they consider themselves their own god of sorts.

It's served me far better than asking for God for help. Hypothetical situation: I break my leg while hiking through the woods, what will get results quicker?
"Hey God, I broke my leg, lend me a hand here."
or
"Dang... Ok pull out my cell phone and dial 911 so I can get taken to the hospital, have my leg set, and make sure I don't get an infection."

The world is owned/run by Satan, the bible is pretty clear on this point. Its mentioned in there at least a half dozen times, either directly or indirectly. People who are prideful and self serving do tend to be the ones who accumulate and hoard huge levels of wealth. While they may even claim to believe in a religion, they really do not follow it. They cannot have two masters, and their self and their riches are their real master.

Care to define evil like the OP asks? What makes these people evil? Because they are exploiting numerous amounts of people and causing hardship? Though, one has to wonder what excuses you or I from this same description. We enable companies like Apple, Nike, Levi, automobile manufacturers, and more to utilize slave and child labor to build their products which they then ship over here for us to buy by the boatload. How are we excused from this blatant neglect? It's not like we are unaware of it going down, but we continue to buy all these companies' products anyways.

The whole 7-year tribulation period thing is only one interpretation of biblical prophecy, and not necessarily the best.

Without going into too much detail here, the teaching of a future 7 year trib is called Futurism, which was Jesuit Dogma that the Catholic Church itself rejected in light of Preterism. It was written by a guy named Fransico Ribera as part of the Protestant Counter-Reformation. If you read the most comprehensive writing on the book of Revelation, The Horae Apocalypticae, you'll see that its stance is that Protestant Historicism is superior to both the RCC's Preterism and Futurism interpretations.

Historicism teaches that the entire age of the Church is the “end times”, this began in 70ad. So the whole reign of the Roman Catholic Church over Europe, the crusades, the black plague, the inquisition, Napoleon, Us Revolutionary War, the US Civil War, WWI & WWII, the tsunami, Fukusima, etc... All world events since the fall of Jerusalem in 70ad are part of the end times. This is what guys like Luther, Calvin, Wesley, and even Sir Issac Newton believed in.

So if you have a problem with what is written in prophecy, maybe its not what is actually written, but what interpretation you are following.

Let me spell out what is wrong with these three paragraphs, this word: "interpretation". Because prophecies (especially Revelations) are so vague, any yahoo and their inbred cousin can come up with their own interpretation of the prophecies then when events happen that kind of look like these things, they can shoehorn them to fit and then declare them proven. The only prophecies worth mentioning are those that can be read literally and spell out EXACTLY what will happen as well as when it will happen. Though not a single prophecy that follows those guidelines has ever been proven. Of course this makes sense, it is easier to dupe and string people along with vague prophecies since your wild claims don't have to have an expiration date.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

I like this response, I really don't have anything to add to it. Though I'd still like to know what makes someone irredeemably evil so that when this supposed end times ultimate battle between good and evil happens, you end up getting judged as evil.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

I responded to you yesterday before I took off that at the very end, all those people who are left will be pretty much divided by choice. You either choose to serve the Beast or you are hunted and persecuted for refusing. Everyone else is dead one way or another. It won't be easy to survive that far.

My personal belief/hope is that if you are truly a good person, you won't be capable of choosing to serve the Beast even though his way will be the easiest way. There will just be something about it that you won't be able to stomach, either you will have come to faith consciously or there will be things about what he's doing that you just can't quite accept for some reason.

My hope then is that you will recognize and accept Him (Christ, the Lord) at the very end by recognizing what you are seeing. Those who choose the Beast are the ones who are lost and would have been lost in any case. They're the ones who constantly demand to see proof of God, and even if God came down and performed miracles, they would still deny.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

So how does the rapture work in your worldview? Aren't the righteous supposed to be beamed to heaven Star Trek style at the start of the end?

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Didn't you see star trek V ??

God can't beam himself anywhere! He needs the starship... give it to him!

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Krazysh0t
reply to post by ketsuko

So how does the rapture work in your worldview? Aren't the righteous supposed to be beamed to heaven Star Trek style at the start of the end?

only 144,000 souls will experience the rapture and it helps to be a Jew. Not very good odds for the rest of us but I find it astonishing that most Christians think they will be included in the 144K.

tribulationsaints.com...
edit on 30-1-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

No not very good odds at all. Only about 1/50,000.

The other 99.998%. . . whooops!!

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

You are either a troll in complete denial or in for one hell of a shock in the very near future.

Read what Albert Pike said exactly, word for word. Then look at his exact words and compare them to this world since 1991.

Why oh why would non-believing atheists obey the Book of Revelation ? They don't even read the book.
Rev.17:12-14 Para

"And the ten horns you saw are ten kings, who have not yet received their kingdom; but will receive authority as kings one hour with the beast. These have one mind, and their power and authority they shall give to the beast. These will make war with the Lamb [Jesus Christ], and the Lamb will overcome them: because he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and the ones with him are the called and elect, and faithful ones".

The humble, meek and sombre followers of YHWH will be given visions of the coming future. There is a thin veil between this world and other worlds running parallel to this one in real time.

Scientists mention this in quantum whatever.

i will put my neck on the line and mention the fact that its quite possible that very soon (early Feb) some people will be able to see and enter into paradises.
A vertical rainbow will descend and transform a bland gray sky into a blue one. The frozen grass and plants will be spring green. No scratches on nearby red cars anymore.
i was exiting a epileptic minor seizure, walking down the road, head spinning where my right eye saw the paradise and the left eye saw everything as normal. Go ahead, insults. However, this paradise might well be there. We just cannot naturally see it yet. BTW, brain activity goes through the roof during a seizure.

i am skeptical to it and will believe it to be a false paradise filled with temptation.
i think ATS member sled735 recently said that some children can now see people's auras as this veil thins.

If this rainbow does descend and a new age paradise does cover this planet, what will you think then ?

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Go deeply down the rabbit whole and reject materialism and put faith to the test and you will get spiritual proof. It might not be 100% what your faith is since it will be "what is" not what you want it to be. You will start to listen to what the spiritual say instead of talking.

Yes this is a lower level existence that will be like hell for many disconnected from the beauty of it all. Bittersweet place where purity is craved but very seldom found. Little souls trying to find their way.
edit on 30-1-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

webedoomed
reply to post by olaru12

No not very good odds at all. Only about 1/50,000.

The other 99.998%. . . whooops!!

What's really nice about the book of Revelations is that you can interpret it to fit your own personal cosmology.

Here's an interesting one....

reknew.org...

Of course the folks that consolidated the Bible almost left out Revelations because it was so odd and filled with inconsistencies.

I find it strange that Fundamentalist take the Bible literally until they get to Revelations, then it's open to wild speculation. Hypocrisy?

edit on 30-1-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Krazysh0t

Just because WW3 appears to be imminent doesn't mean that the end of the world is upon us. First off, prove to me that WW3 is supposed to be the end of the world. Second off, Revelations has been imminent (according to Christians) for the last 2000 years, I grow weary of constantly being told the world is going to end soon then am left waiting for years on end. I call BS on that whole tripe. Of course that is mainly because I know what Revelations was REALLY written about.

There is a difference and that is that humans today can read revelation in it several messages form. Even see it as the way a human body behaves when it is filled with the spiritual energy that is surrounding us but hidden for many. Is that not a revealing of what is hiding in plain sight.

And since there is a movement of people on this planet making sure Revelation will be true people disbelief do not matter. Self fulfilling prophecy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join