It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Adam’s first sin that of not reproducing?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Was Adam’s first sin that of not reproducing?

Gen 1; 28 And God blessed them; and God said unto them: 'Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth,

Strangely woman disappears. Then Gen 2; 18 And the LORD God said: 'It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a help meet for him.'

Gen 4; 1 And the man knew Eve his wife; and she conceived and bore Cain, and said: 'I have gotten a man with the help of the LORD.'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Genesis indicates that Adam was not very bright. It also indicates that he somehow did not have the instincts we all have including the desire to reproduce. At least not until he ate of the tree of knowledge.

Strange to think that without breaking God’s command not to eat of the tree of knowledge, Adam would have never reproduced and none of us would be here to thank any God for creating us.

As you can see from the Eden time-line, Adam had a lot of time to know Eve, ------- yet did not do as commanded in Gen 1. In fact he waited until Gen 4.

If you, if you are a man, were told to reproduce, can you see yourself sitting there naming animals instead of enjoying sex? Do not lie. You know you would have jumped Eve in the wink of an eye. Unless you are gay that is.

Now I know that Christians have some strange notions about not having sex at certain times but the case above shows that Adam refused or was not mature enough to do God’s command. I cannot see the later because God would not request what cannot be given. Therefore, eating of the tree of knowledge was not the first sin of disobedience.

Not reproducing when told to was the first sin of disobedience.

Do you agree?

Regards
DL

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I don;t know about your question, but you brought up an interesting scenario
....what if Adam had been gay?

No one else would have ever existed. Eve would have been frustrated. And Eden
would have been very nice and tidy place for all eternity

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

What about "Lilith" who was Adam's first wife? no body ever seems to remember poor old Lilith ;(

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Lilith and the Biblical Story of Creation

The biblical book of Genesis contains two contradictory accounts of humanity’s creation. The first account is known as the Priestly version and appears in Genesis 1:26-27. Here God fashions man and woman simultaneously when the text reads: “So God created mankind in the divine image, male and female God created them.”

The second account of Creation is known as the Yahwistic version and is found in Genesis 2. This is the version of Creation that most people are familiar with. God creates Adam, then places him in the Garden of Eden. Not long afterwards, God decides to make a companion for Adam and creates the animals of the land and sky to see if any of them are suitable partners for the man. God brings each animal to Adam, who names it before ultimately deciding that it is not a “suitable helper.” God then causes a deep sleep to fall upon Adam and while the man is sleeping God fashions Eve from his side. When Adam awakes he recognizes Eve as part of himself and accepts her as his companion.

Not surprisingly, the ancient rabbis noticed that two contradictory versions of Creation appear in the book of Genesis (which is called Bereisheet in Hebrew). They solved the discrepancy in two ways:

One was to explain that the first version of Creation actually referred to Adam’s first wife, a 'first Eve.' But Adam was displeased with her, so God replaced her with a 'second Eve' that met Adam's needs.
Another interpretation is that the Priestly account describes the creation of an androgyne – a creature that was both male and female (Genesis Rabbah 8:1, Leviticus Rabbah 14:1). This creature was then split into a man and a woman in the Yahwistic account.

judaism.about.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Maybe he was supposed to be full of fruit, not fruitful. The Hebrew language was written backwards you know.

I don't think that this was the issue. It does pay to look at things differently sometimes but I don't think it is related in this case.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Have you ever tried to start a family?
The fact that no child was born doesn't count as evidence that they were not trying.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

To me it is unfortunate that the story of Adam and Eve, as it exists in the Bible, does not give them the dignity they deserve. Those two have done more to help the human race than most people realize. And no, they were not the first humans.

They were sent here, by God, to be biologic uplifters as well as introduce the age of scientific progress. They arrived on Earth about 35,000 years ago. The island of Cyprus is all that is above water of the peninsula that they lived on, the first garden of Eden.

Here are some links for those who would like to know more about there story.

(www.urantia.org...) Planetary Adams
(www.urantia.org...) The Garden of Eden
(www.urantia.org...) Adam and Eve
(www.urantia.org...) The default of Adam and Eve
(www.urantia.org...) The second Garden

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by UB2120

Sounds more like "Ancient Alien Theory"

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

flammadraco

What about "Lilith" who was Adam's first wife? no body ever seems to remember poor old Lilith ;(

Bad naming choice lol ......Adam and Lillith? Back to the drawing board people! Think of something more catchy and keep it short and sweet... Adam and Evelyn? mmmmm Make it Eve' and done send to print asap!

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
The ancient rabbis were very clear that specifically adams sin was that of ungratefulness.
When he said "this woman that YOU gave me made me sin."
Thats the original sin.
he forgot who he was and who he was talking to.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Sigh....

To agree with that would mean one would have to believe that Genesis literally took place. The story about Adam and Eve and the Tree and the Snake are all so obviously allegorical, I can't see how anyone with any sort of sentient intelligence could believe otherwise. Oh that's right, Christians completely lack intelligence. How else could they justify killing millions of people in the name of the God of love?

Seriously though, the tree is a metaphor for one's spiritual path. Their map of spiritual attainment and advancement. The Tree of Life in the Kabbalah, a map of creation. The fruits on the tree are the sephiroth, centers of different types of spiritual energy that are associated with a myriad of other things, such as colors, plants, sensations, planets, hours, scents, etc...
The sephiroths are really levels of attainment that one can climb through so to say. The serpent on the tree is a squiggly line that connects all the sephiroths at once, effectively firing on all cylinders, if you will. This represents enlightenment, the ability to connect ones ability to recognize beauty with the ability to understand. Or the ability to have knowledge coupled with the ability to understand that knowledge in order to make wise decisions of what to do with said knowledge. These are examples of multiple sephiroths working together, in unison, to produce actions and other things that we do every day without thinking about it. That is why good artists are so rare, because it is difficult to combine the several sephiroths required to make good art. One has to be in touch with certain sephiroths of serverity and mercy, as well as beauty and strength, also with the ability to create and make physical the other-worldy ideas of Kether into Malkuth.

Anyway, now you see, that the entire story of Genesis, is one big allegory for man's consciousness and the path to sentience. Eating of the fruit on this tree brought the man from ignorance into light. (Some say the real fruit is psychedelic mushrooms, or any of the other several hundred hallucinogenic plants that bring instant enlightenment. This eating of the mushroom might be the very thing that triggered the evolutionary step in man to have a superior conscoiusness) Animals work on the lower sephiroths, and they are not even aware that there is a system, or a tree, or different spiritual centers. That is how man was before, and when he ate of the fruit on the tree, he instantly became conscious of the fact that there even was a tree! This lead to him thinking, about thinking. Knowing that he knows and doesn't know. This knowing of knowing, is what separates humans from animals, that is why it is so sacred, and that is why it is the beginning. Not the beginning of the world, but the beginning of man's spiritual journey.
edit on 29-1-2014 by ScrufferMcGruffer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by UB2120

I must admit, never heard of the Urantia Book - Wiki... Urantia Book

Looks like a blend of scientology and modern day christianity with alot of Historical reference, more like a 'Stargate' on paper to me at least showing a different possibility to what is historically known as correct.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   

flammadraco
reply to post by UB2120

I can see where some would think that. Once more people realize that we are not alone in the universe and that life is planned and fostered by those designated by God I think the word "Alien" will have a different meaning.

The same program is carried out on other inhabited worlds. Meaning that life is planted and fostered on all inhabited worlds. Once the natural evolution reaches its peak, biologic uplifters are sent. The grand goal is to unite the people of the planet. Over thousands of years the races of a planet are so mixed as to make one race.

I can't do the story justice in just a couple paragraphs. If it sounds interesting read the various papers and make a judgement for yourself.
edit on 29-1-2014 by UB2120 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   

UB2120

flammadraco
reply to post by UB2120

I can see where some would think that. Once more people realize that we are not alone in the universe and that life is planned and fostered by those designated by God I think the word "Alien" will have a different meaning.

The same program is carried out on other inhabited worlds. Meaning that life is planted and fostered on all inhabited worlds. Once the natural evolution reaches its peak, biologic uplifters are sent. The grand goal is to unite the people of the planet. Over thousands of years the races of a planet are so mixed as to make one race.

I can't do the story justice in just a couple paragraphs. If it sounds interesting read the various papers and make a judgement for yourself.

I will read the book you have linked to as it does sound interesting. Will get back to you once i am more informed

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Maltese5Rhino
reply to post by UB2120

Looks like a blend of scientology and modern day christianity with alot of Historical reference, more like a 'Stargate' on paper to me at least showing a different possibility to what is historically known as correct.

Thanks for sharing.

I thought it sounded like Scientology as well

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

flammadraco

she was a female adam copy of elohim. her and other female adam copies are mentioned in the creation of the adam verse.

And so Elohim created adam, male and female, created he them.

elohim copies, male and female, all named adam.

it's right in the text

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

DISRAELI

Have you ever tried to start a family?
The fact that no child was born doesn't count as evidence that they were not trying.

not to mention the bible is only the story of one family tree. it's not counting the other human adam males and females, and their offspring.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Maltese5Rhino
reply to post by UB2120

Thanks for sharing.

While I would not compare it to Scientology, it is an integration of Science, Philosophy and Religion. The universe as described in the Urantia Book is beyond our wildest imagination.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Sure; I was just answering the OP in its own terms, showing that the story would not bear that interpretation.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Maybe Adam was too FABULOUS for Eve?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join