It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York congressman threatens to throw reporter off balcony

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Sremmos80

pheonix358
So tell me. Turn the tables. What if the reporter threatened the Congressman. Would he still be walking around as a free person or would the SS, Homeland security, FBI etc ad infinitum, arrest him.

The answer to that question will tell you how free your country truly is, or is not, as the case may be.

P

First thing that came to my mind was the guy that got 2+, almost 3 years for the comments he made to his utility company and the outrage that caused
This guy was face to face with him, how he wasn't arrested that night I am still wondering. Should see a pretty big backlash on this I hope. With some felony charges or all faith in the justice system is gone for me.

The US does not have a Justice System. That vanished quite some time ago.

What you have is a system of Law. Take the case of the guy, standing in front of the Judge, trying to get his Death Certificate overturned. The Judge said he was still dead. I mean, really, how utterly stupid can it be, but sadly, that is what a System of Law will do.

Currently the system operates in two parts, one part for you and all the other citizens and the other for the elite in society.

You have a System of Law operating in Duality.

The Congressman will not face charges.

Your society is not free. It has not been free for over half a century. The dismantlement of Freedom started with J Edgar Hoover.

Sadly, this whole mess was foreseen in it's wholesome disgust by your own Fore Fathers and yet, in spite of all their dire warnings, you are still in this mess. You are now at the junction of either accepting slavery or, well, your Fore Fathers left you instructions. Look up references to 'The Tree of Liberty".

P

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

I want to know why this guy has not been arrested for this and waiting in jail for his trial. If anyone of us had made that threat we would have been arrested on the spot, no questions asked. This is why everyone hate our government.....because they are nothing but lying hypocrites.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   
waa waa.This guy is pathetic.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 05:09 AM
link   
He shouldn't have threatened the journalist, but it's dangerous when the officials don't think they have to answer to the people... or journalists...

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Illuminawty
reply to post by WeRpeons

I want to know why this guy has not been arrested for this and waiting in jail for his trial. If anyone of us had made that threat we would have been arrested on the spot, no questions asked. This is why everyone hate our government.....because they are nothing but lying hypocrites.
Because in the scale of events this isn't that big of a deal. This Congressman is being investigated for criminal conduct with both of his campaign financings.

He also seems to have some "non-professional" ties to some known criminals, has been suspected of verbally muscling funding from "contributors", and of course there is the "doubling down" with campaign donators by being creative.

So yeah, threatening a reporter on live TV is a very stupid thing to do, but then again if he was arrested for this it might clearly over-shadow the investigation taking place.

***PERSONAL NOTE***

I wonder if this verbal assault on the reporter was nothing more then a calculated move on Grimm's part to distract the voters in his district from the investigation on him.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Guyfriday

This in no way would muddle his current investigation... It just adds to it... He threatened someones life, twice... should not go over looked just because he already did some bad things.
He wasn't using it as a distraction, he was just avoiding the issue 100%
If the prosecution for that case isn't licking their lips after this then there needs to be new lawyers going against this guy
edit on stFri, 31 Jan 2014 14:12:24 -0600America/Chicago120142480 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Sremmos80

But it was a distraction. More time has been spent reporting on this mouthing off event of Grimm, then has been put forth on the criminal investigation itself.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

reply to post by Illuminawty

I and many of the posters in this thread feel the same way. If that was any of us, we would have had security swarming on us in seconds! This is one of the reasons why I hate politicians. They don't have to account for anything, yet regular people like us will get into arguments defending either political party! They could care less about us, except they want our vote so they can make a career out of a public service job that should be temporary.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join