It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my pc won't let me hdmi my tv. says no signal on the tv? HELP

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Annunak1

By default most graphics cards won't just start outputting to the HDMI. I have my computer set up with an HDMI connection and the monitor won't show anything until windows get's to the log-in screen. I have an Nvida graphics card and I had to go into the the Nvidia graphics control system and tell the computer that I had two monitors and then set the HDMI as the primary monitor. To cover the possibility that you don't have the right HDMI selected on the TV, most TV's have the HDMI connections labeled on the back of the TV. (HDMI 1, HDMI2 etc.. ) When you switch inputs on the TV you should be able to select the correct one. If you know you have the correct connection selected on the TV but are still getting "no input signal" then either the TV can't understand the information the computer is putting out or the graphics card isn't outputting anything to the TV. I would advise that you have your normal monitor connected as well as long as that monitor isn't connected to the HDMI port. This might allow you to see other messages that you might not be seeing when you connect to the TV with HDMI.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Hey! Same problem here with two different tv's. Put your hdmi cable in hdmi2, worked on both, laptop straight to TV, yes the first hdmi1 didn't work for me either, so try that, hope you get sorted. You may have to also go to menu, input, then scroll down to Hdmi2, but you should have no other problems than posted above, good luck! Let me know

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   
to make it simple try this. Turn computer off. Disconnect the original computer monitor you have connected to the pc.. Hook up HDMI cable from computer video card to HDMI port on tv. Turn on TV. Now turn on computer. Does it work? Some video cards need to detect both the TV and computer monitor at time the computer is turned on.

Bud316

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Annunak1

Go to your remote or set and find INPUT. It chooses between tv, dvr, hdmi, aux etc. I'll bet that all it is.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join