It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vanishing TV remote controller !

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   
When you find it get one of those clap sound activated bleepers and attach it to it using duct tape/superglue and whenever you have to find it you just clap and play a game of chase the bleep till you find it

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Maxatoria
When you find it get one of those clap sound activated bleepers and attach it to it using duct tape/superglue and whenever you have to find it you just clap and play a game of chase the bleep till you find it

Actually... that is a wonderful idea Maxatoria ...

I would even push the idea of Max further by suggesting that maybe attaching the remote control to your cat with EXTRA STRONG duct tape (if you do not have a cat I can gladly offer you one....)

I am a veterinary surgeon RL and strongly suggest NOT to use Superglue when attaching a remote control to a cat... Do not forget to tape up the cats ears too... Then try clapping...

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 29-1-2014 by Rodinus because: Crap spelling

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Rodinus

Maxatoria

Actually... that is a wonderful idea Maxatoria ...

I would even push the idea of Max further by suggesting that maybe attaching the remote control to your cat with EXTRA STRONG duct tape (if you do not have a cat I can gladly offer you one....)

I am a veterinary surgeon RL and strongly suggest NOT to use Superglue when attaching a remote control to a cat... Do not forget to tape up the cats ears too... Then try clapping...

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 29-1-2014 by Rodinus because: Crap spelling

Anyone know how to spell the " Lurch Noise " 1??

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Timely

How about this? :

Kindest respects

Rod

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Timely

Timely, if you still haven't found it, your'e going to have slap on a pair of gloves and rummage through the trash. I lost my cell yesterday and after tearing the house and truck apart, I looked through the can. Sure enough it had fallen in somehow. Luckily it's a Mil-Spec phone so I could just rinse it off. (Eggs, coffee grounds, pasta. It was covered nicely in goo.)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   

TDawgRex
reply to post by Timely

Timely, if you still haven't found it, your'e going to have slap on a pair of gloves and rummage through the trash. I lost my cell yesterday and after tearing the house and truck apart, I looked through the can. Sure enough it had fallen in somehow. Luckily it's a Mil-Spec phone so I could just rinse it off. (Eggs, coffee grounds, pasta. It was covered nicely in goo.)

You are lucky that yours was not covered in cats eggs...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

For a veterinary surgeon... I really HATE that cat...

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Rodinus

With all the posts I've seen about that cat, I think you actually love the little ball of stink.

Awwww...Rod, you're a softie after all. LOL

Love the new avatar btw. Wile E. Coyote is one of my heros. He never gives up. Something to admire there, even if he is a cartoon character.
edit on 29-1-2014 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   

TDawgRex

Rodinus

With all the posts I've seen about that cat, I think you actually love the little ball of stink.

Awwww...Rod, you're a softie after all. LOL

Love the new avatar btw. Wile E. Coyote is one of my heros. He never gives up. Something to admire there, even if he is a cartoon character.
edit on 29-1-2014 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

Hey TDawg, thank you for your reply... I love that little poo bag smelly little fart face so much that I would like to inform you that you need to look out for the UPS man tomorrow morning as there will be a surprise awaiting you on your doorstep.... (with a NO return to sender label attached...)

Please be warned that a gas mask is to be preferably worn when opening the package.
and a baseball bat is always another handy option...

Thanks for the avatar, makes a change from the tall dark stranger... apparently it scared the girls away... so i decided to try the wily coyote trick instead...

Avatar will be changing within the next couple of days to have an extra couple of features added... I am a big fan of Road runner and Wil E too, and Wils tenacity just sort of sums up the way i am in real life. (Although i am supposedly a lot more kind natured.... *grins*)

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 29-1-2014 by Rodinus because: Mega crap spelling

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
LOL. Excellent thread!

Here's what you do OP, it never fails, in 7 easy steps:

1. Make your mind as blank as possible (use drugs if you have to, but be careful. just kidding...
).

2. Then make a mental 3-D image of your whole house.

3. Divide this space into 1-meter cubes (or 1-yard cubes). Depending on your ceiling height, you will probably have between 2 and 4 layers of these cubes, per floor.

4. Go to a bottom corner of your house. If there is a basement, so be it. This is the starting point. The first cubic meter you are going to search. The next one will be just above that, and so on until you reach the ceiling. You will be working your way from left to right and from right to left, backing up one meter at a time, until you reach the opposite wall.

(side note: There will be easy cubes of empty space, and there will be ones where you encounter a part of your couch, a cupboard, or what not. These last ones need a little more scrutiny, so you'll have to divide those into cubic decimeters and work through them as such.)

5. Then move to the next room on the right, then backwards to the left, and so on, until you've reached the opposite side of your house on that level.

6. Then start the same process on the next level up, and so on, until you've done the attic.

7. In the odd case that you haven't found your remote by now, you are going to have to get onto the roof. Luckily, here you don't have to worry about the vertical space. This part is mostly 2-D, so it shouldn't take you so long.

And remember, make sure to clear your mind. Your worst enemy right now is bias...

soulwaxer
edit on 29-1-2014 by soulwaxer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I've played the 'remote-hunting game' a few times. I've found that the remote can get trapped in a chair, love seat, couch,--whatever. Flip them over, tear the bottom covering back and you may just find it. If not, then yes. It was the ghost, elves or fairies.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Maybe it is right in front of you and looks like the phone. Maybe it is stuck between the cushions of the couch or even under the couch. Maybe your date hid it so you had to get up once in a while to cool off.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reality shift?!?!

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Timely

We all have been there.

My logical response to that was to affix the hook part of those hook and loop fasteners, to the back of the remotes. Those hooks will usually affix themselves to anything in a woven fabric. They stick to couch pillows like magnets - they never slide down into the remotecontrol abyss.

Even have a remote for my fan - still with me after 14 years. The kids, lost their fan remote about 10 years ago. They hadn't followed the word of reason.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by soulwaxer

Thanks for the walk through SW!

Sounds like you have been part of a search party at some stage ...

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I have now typed five - yes 5 - thankyou responses that have disappeared into the ether!!

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   
A Special Shout Out To ... Telstra !

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Good news ! My old Sony System remote, actually changes channels and volume on the TV !!

Still need a remote viewer - to find my remote !

( Men who stare at remotes ... )

Thanks to you all for your interest and helpful replies !!

Eta; Could still be supernatural ! Or Magic ! Or absentmindedness ! Or not ! Or ....

It could be " The Vibe " !

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I just watch this. Sesame street is like the Oracle at Delphi...

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Excellent!
I will force the others involved in this mystery - to sit watch and take note.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I usually find mine in between the cushion of the couch, or if upstairs, under the bed sheets. I have had many frustrated scenarios where it took a few days to find it though. Same with the cordless phone. ~$heopleNation

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join