It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientific Facts In The Bible

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   

bitsforbytes
reply to post by UxoriousMagnus

So then how did we come up with God? How did we come up with the concept of the soul? Can't see those or observe them in nature.

edit on 29-1-2014 by bitsforbytes because: (no reason given)

You are the first one to actually ask an intelligent question about this....

how indeed?

We could only come up with it....if we were told it by....God.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
We know there is science in the bible. I mean despite all the crazy stories in there....there really is some actual history and some real observations about the world around the authors...some actual good advice mixed in with the nutty stuff. The trick with the bible is trying to figure out which is which and who wrote what and when and for what purpose. It's all in there.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Grimpachi

Krazyshot explained one way human could come up with the idea of deities but there are so many other ways.

No he didn't....LOL!!!!

How many civilizations worshiped animals or mythical animals. My favorite is the phoenix for some dragons. People worshiped ancestrial spirits.

Yeah....exactly...God says He puts the desire to worship him in every heart....but if you don't know about Him....you worship rocks, trees, lightning, wind or whatever.....this is not making the leap to an all powerful God in another dimension that created everything (this being the thing we couldn't conceive of)

The one true god. Yeah sure like that is so hard too come up with. Unless you can show the paper where Dr. Natapoff said people can't come up with the idea of deities I will have to assume that you made that leap in logic yourself.

Can't show a paper....as this was stated in one of our classes.....sorry

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Rodinus

UxoriousMagnus

boncho

I'm going to stop here because there's too much information to cover in one post, and i don't want to "bore you" with scientific facts; that were written about, thousands of years ago.

Weird. I didn't see any of those.

Trying to prove christianity with science one day, trying to say science is all garbage the next. I just don't get the deal with christians. Science shouldn't threaten their position, but they are either trying to usurp it for their own means or claim it has no merit, for their own means…

so not true....I think Christians are just as interested in science as non-CHristians....but you are right....we do look for God in the science. So what? We believe in Him....why wouldn't we look for Him in science?

Religion is just a "WORD" invented by a couple of bored people around a camp fire one evening after a little too much mead or whatever substance they were smoking or snorting up their nostrils at the time (IMO)...

That simple 8 letter word has done SOOOO much damage to this planet and to the human mentality...

Science is the evolution of our species... full stop.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

Agreed .... which is why I never used the word religious. I don't go to church as I can't stand all of the hypocrisy and silly cliques etc. Organized religion was not what Jesus had in mind at all. But I do believe in God....but not religion as you pointed out....it is made by men for men and creates much strife and even death.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Yeah....exactly...God says He puts the desire to worship him in every heart....but if you don't know about Him....you worship rocks, trees, lightning, wind or whatever.....this is not making the leap to an all powerful God in another dimension that created everything

Who's god said that? Somone lied to you because not everyone has a desire to worship. If there is a god then you are obviously following a fake one.

As for the idea of spirits that is easy to explain.

At least one explanation. Somone dies it is obvious that there is a change. So whats missing?

The life force i.e. soul as it has come to be called. A bird cries or wind howls out at the moment of someone death eww scary must be his soul/lifes breath or whatever you want to call it.

If you want to believe that the only way anyone could come up with the idea of Deities or spirits must be from talking to them then you should be worshiping some real old deities because the one in the bible sure wasn't the first.

Well you heard it in class and that is fine but how is that any different from some cultist claiming theirs is the one true way?

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
So, i guess all the animals on this planet; and all the insects, flowers, trees, oceans, mountains, etc, etc, just "appeared". Everything we see on Earth is all by pure luck? There was no divine intervention? No creator??? All the stars in the sky, that form pictures, just magically arranged itself, to appear as such?

That's harder to believe than any story i've ever read in the Bible. Matter of fact, if you look at some of the stories in the Bible, they're not as "far-fetched", as one may think.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by WonderBoi

All the stars in the sky, that form pictures, just magically arranged itself, to appear as such?

I see stars you see pictures. You know if you stare hard enough at clouds people see faces and all sorts of things but anyone with half a brain knows they are still only clouds. enough said.

No magic needed. Magic belongs to the supernatural which can be found in fairytales.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Grimpachi

Yeah....exactly...God says He puts the desire to worship him in every heart....but if you don't know about Him....you worship rocks, trees, lightning, wind or whatever.....this is not making the leap to an all powerful God in another dimension that created everything

Who's god said that? Somone lied to you because not everyone has a desire to worship. If there is a god then you are obviously following a fake one.

As for the idea of spirits that is easy to explain.

At least one explanation. Somone dies it is obvious that there is a change. So whats missing?

The life force i.e. soul as it has come to be called. A bird cries or wind howls out at the moment of someone death eww scary must be his soul/lifes breath or whatever you want to call it.

If you want to believe that the only way anyone could come up with the idea of Deities or spirits must be from talking to them then you should be worshiping some real old deities because the one in the bible sure wasn't the first.

Well you heard it in class and that is fine but how is that any different from some cultist claiming theirs is the one true way?

I feel much anger and frustration from you Pachi....no need.....I am not your enemy

everyone worships something.....

money
power
sex
science
drugs

edit on 29-1-2014 by UxoriousMagnus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   

No anger here. No worshiping either. Not deities, money, or ideology. I have never found anything appealing enough to worship.

Making a statement such as everyone worships something requires a certain level of evidence to backing it up. You would also need to explain how someone worships those things.

Can you provide both the evidence and examples of how everyone worships something?

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Grimpachi

No anger here. No worshiping either. Not deities, money, or ideology. I have never found anything appealing enough to worship.

Making a statement such as everyone worships something requires a certain level of evidence to backing it up. You would also need to explain how someone worships those things.

Can you provide both the evidence and examples of how everyone worships something?

you worship science based off of all of your posts....I need no more evidence than this

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   

That is a hefty accusation that you really need to provide evidence for and as stated before explaining how one such as I can worship science.

I see science as nothing more than a tool I wouldn't know how anyone could worship a tool do you know anyone who worships wrenches or computers. Well there may be some nut job worshiping a computer somewhere IDK.

If you just want to stand with your accusation that's fine I am not really expecting much from you anyway.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Grimpachi

That is a hefty accusation that you really need to provide evidence for and as stated before explaining how one such as I can worship science.

I see science as nothing more than a tool I wouldn't know how anyone could worship a tool do you know anyone who worships wrenches or computers. Well there may be some nut job worshiping a computer somewhere IDK.

If you just want to stand with your accusation that's fine I am not really expecting much from you anyway.

nor I you....

time for us to let this go

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 01:16 AM
link   
UMax, are you talking about Dr. Alan Natapoff

... in the department of Space Aeronautics?

He deals with virtual reality and has testified before Congress on the mathematical validity of the Electoral College? Alan Natapoff

I can't find a single instance where he has stated, published, noted, or implied that "humans can't have come up with the idea of a God because our brains are not wired to conceive of completely new ideas. Our brains are wired to make better mouse traps."

Can you provide a reference stating that Dr. Natapoff said that? Thank you.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Grimpachi

All the stars in the sky, that form pictures, just magically arranged itself, to appear as such?

I see stars you see pictures. You know if you stare hard enough at clouds people see faces and all sorts of things but anyone with half a brain knows they are still only clouds. enough said.

No magic needed. Magic belongs to the supernatural which can be found in fairytales.
I guess some people really are blind.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   

People connect the dots in stars, and faces in clouds..... as much as they'd see patterns in static on the TV...

BTW there's an scientific experiment that says that the people that see patterns in static TV are more likely to be right brained, creative etc... but also more likely to develop mental illnesses such as psychosis (ie making meanings out of synchronicities and other pattern like examples, etc..)

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Belief DEPENDS on connecting the dots in a certain way.

After all,

"Faith is the substance of things hoped for the evidence of things NOT SEEN." Hebrews 11:11

The star field versus constellations is a perfect analogy.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Belief DEPENDS on connecting the dots in a certain way.

After all,

"Faith is the substance of things hoped for the evidence of things NOT SEEN." Hebrews 11:1

The star field versus constellations is a perfect analogy.
edit on 7Thu, 30 Jan 2014 07:21:24 -060014p072014166 by Gryphon66 because: 11:11 is something else entirely

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Your logic is comical.

So you are saying that things either "appeared" by a wave of God's hand, or they "just appeared" by themselves?

'Science' is a word you Wonderboi should stop using in your posts. You haven't got the faintest idea about what you try to talk about.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Yes I did, you just decided not to understand it. Of course there is no way the idea of one all powerful god would spring into primitive people's minds. The concept of god(s) evolved just like everything else. Just like Grimpachi said, there was animal worship early, probably originating with a fearful respect for animals that could kill humans easily. Events like I described probably also happened as well. These gods would evolve over the years as stories about them are embellished and exaggerated. Through the embellishments and exaggerations these gods grow more and more powerful. Eventually a group of people (Zoroastrians) decided to take some concepts from many of these gods and combine them into a singular deity. Now this god was allowed to evolve through the years into first the Jewish god then the Christian one and finally the Muslim one.

As for the soul, that is also easy to explain. Humans since time immemorial have feared death. We have pitifully short lives in comparison to the age of the universe and humans have always hoped that there was more to life than that short half a century we are on the planet. So we invented the concept of a lifeforce or soul that can transcend death and continue living or be reincarnated into a new living body.

Seriously, all it took was a few minutes of contemplative thought to come to these conclusions, if you honestly believe that the concept of gods and souls couldn't be thought up by primitive man then you aren't trying hard enough. All a god is, is a being that is more powerful than humans. There are plenty of animals in the world that are more powerful than us. Look at bears, those guys can rip a human apart with little thought to it. Is it really that big of a stretch of the imagination to see that primitive humans who didn't fully understand their surroundings could attribute characteristics to things that didn't exist? Then through simple applications of the telephone game throughout the centuries and millenia these gods could grow to have enormous power.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   

seabhac-rua

Your logic is comical.

So you are saying that things either "appeared" by a wave of God's hand, or they "just appeared" by themselves?

'Science' is a word you Wonderboi should stop using in your posts. You haven't got the faintest idea about what you try to talk about.

it is said that with the voice of God, all things were created. He called it, and it was so. I suppose that speaking creation, or calling it, is the way that God creates. Kind of like "I think therefore I am".

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join