It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientific Facts In The Bible

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by WonderBoi

Shame..... Came sooooo close!

Thank you for the post and the links were a good read. There is alot of 'eye openers' to me which doesnt really sway me in the way of God being the creator but did give me that honest feeling of 'hmm I wonder' As it had a few points that are plausable IMO as a theory for the first train of thought at least....the more I read the less im convinced.

BUT then like every other site like the one you quoted and linked and nearly every person I have had the pleasure to meet who tries to explain thier understanding/belief of God Creationism. Just FLOODS (sorry for the pun intended) the whole argument/messege with EVERY thing they have. Where thier few good theories get destroyed by overwhelming ignorance of the rest.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by WonderBoi

There are absolutely no scientific facts in the bible. Conjecture is not science. Faith is believing something when science contradicts. Religion is not scientific. Take any book you have read today on any subject including the bible and you will find that same book 100 years from now with "scientific" facts being re-written. You want to believe in God, no problem, what you call the creator is no different than me saying Higher Power.

Certainly, something caused this Universe to exist and something caused this Earth to be inhabited, answer this for me...What caused the creator to exist? There is never going to be a scientific explanation that is satisfactory for all to say ...wow...that's the correct answer.
edit on 29-1-2014 by soulpowertothendegree because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   

UxoriousMagnus

boncho

I'm going to stop here because there's too much information to cover in one post, and i don't want to "bore you" with scientific facts; that were written about, thousands of years ago.

Weird. I didn't see any of those.

Trying to prove christianity with science one day, trying to say science is all garbage the next. I just don't get the deal with christians. Science shouldn't threaten their position, but they are either trying to usurp it for their own means or claim it has no merit, for their own means…

so not true....I think Christians are just as interested in science as non-CHristians....but you are right....we do look for God in the science. So what? We believe in Him....why wouldn't we look for Him in science?

Religion is just a "WORD" invented by a couple of bored people around a camp fire one evening after a little too much mead or whatever substance they were smoking or snorting up their nostrils at the time (IMO)...

That simple 8 letter word has done SOOOO much damage to this planet and to the human mentality...

Science is the evolution of our species... full stop.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

And will most likely be our demise, if we don't stop putting our finger in the proverbial light socket.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Ouch...

Agreed!

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Pardon me if I take ramblings of the sort linked in the OP with a nanoscopic grain of NaCl.

From the Who We Are portion of the website:

"My name is Carol Brooks. As of March 2009 I was 54 years old, with a 29 years old son and a younger daughter. I was born and brought up in India of mixed parentage (My mother is English/Irish and my father is Indian) I have had no formal theological training, and, in fact, did not go to college."

So, no formal scientific OR religious training? Just the sort of amateur sleuth I will be taking notes from. Sorry, that's probably a back-door Appeal to Authority ... or perhaps just common sense.

Before lauding the "Bible as Science" meme too hard, one might want to check the very front of the book. Seems that the sun and moon weren't created until the third "day." I'd like to see how morning and evening are calculated minus the Sun.

But, we can't take the Bible TOO literally, right? Unless it supports our agenda to do so?

Let's not forget the Sun "stopping in its path" to aid Hebrew success in battle. (Joshua 10:13)

Let's not forget the Lord talking through "his ass" in Numbers 22:28. (That's right ... The Lord of the Known Universe does a ventriloquist act with a talking donkey.)

Not to mention world-wide floods, virgin births, and various zombifications.

Oh yes, full of science that book.

May I suggest that we leave faith to faith and reason to reason?

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Ah i see what we have here *take puff from smoking pipe"....

It is a case of trying to look at ambiguous archaic blabbery in modern understanding of science to make it fit.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

This could become heavy Lucid

*Takes a puff from his cheap Winston cigarette*

Kindest respects

Rod
edit on 29-1-2014 by Rodinus because: Whoops, forgot a word

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
"There are only about 1070 atoms in the entire universe."

I was actually semi-interested in reading this article until i got to that sentence.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Rodinus

UxoriousMagnus

boncho

I'm going to stop here because there's too much information to cover in one post, and i don't want to "bore you" with scientific facts; that were written about, thousands of years ago.

Trying to prove christianity with science one day, trying to say science is all garbage the next. I just don't get the deal with christians. Science shouldn't threaten their position, but they are either trying to usurp it for their own means or claim it has no merit, for their own means…

so not true....I think Christians are just as interested in science as non-CHristians....but you are right....we do look for God in the science. So what? We believe in Him....why wouldn't we look for Him in science?

Religion is just a "WORD" invented by a couple of bored people around a camp fire one evening after a little too much mead or whatever substance they were smoking or snorting up their nostrils at the time (IMO)...

That simple 8 letter word has done SOOOO much damage to this planet and to the human mentality...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

not how the human brain works....can't sit around and come up with something completely new....like the idea of an all powerful God that created everything.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

UxoriousMagnus

Rodinus

UxoriousMagnus

boncho

Kindest respects

Rodinus

not how the human brain works....can't sit around and come up with something completely new....like the idea of an all powerful God that created everything.

What? WHAT? Humans don't come up with something completely new? According to who what where or when? I look around at our technology, medicine, and general lifestyle ... and can only think that has to be one of the most out-of-touch-with-reality statements I've ever read.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I came for scientific facts in the bible, but I don't see any. Why is this?

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by captb13

"There are only about 1070 atoms in the entire universe."

I was actually semi-interested in reading this article until i got to that sentence.

I assume that the original text was 10^70 (ten to the seventieth power) and it didn't copy and past correctly.

The number of atoms in the entire observable universe is estimated to be within the range of 10^78 to 10^82. We’ve added the word ‘observable’ because we realize that there are really many things to discover about the entire universe so, basically, that range back there is only an estimate based upon what we currently know.

Now, before you go on wondering as to whether, because of the Universe’s expansion and all, this number can be growing, note that what’s taking place is simply a mere expansion or dispersion of the masses that make up the Universe. That is, no amount of matter that wasn’t there in the beginning is ever added during this expansion. (Source)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

WonderBoi
Let's take a closer look, to put our little lives into perspective.

Yes, let's put things in perspective:

That is an AWFUL lot of space to think that the ENTIRE universe was created just for us and that is only one galaxy.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Science never made me doubt the existence of God, but some Christians do.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Gryphon66

UxoriousMagnus

Rodinus

UxoriousMagnus

boncho

Kindest respects

Rodinus

What? WHAT? Humans don't come up with something completely new? According to who what where or when? I look around at our technology, medicine, and general lifestyle ... and can only think that has to be one of the most out-of-touch-with-reality statements I've ever read.

Head of brain research at MIT .. Dr. Natapoff..... humans can't have come up with the idea of a God because our brains are not wired to conceive of completely new ideas. Our brains are wired to make better mouse traps.

Example: see a rock roll down the hill.....come up with the wheel. See a bird fly....come up with an airplane. See lightning bolts....come up with electricity. Once someone makes the jump from nature to "man-made"....then it keeps snow balling.

prove him wrong....I tried for years and couldn't come up with something that wasn't derived from something else and eventually comes back to nature.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by UxoriousMagnus

It's quite easy to come to invent god or gods. All you need is a highly superstitious group of people who don't understand much of anything about their surroundings. One of them does something, say kill a goat and shortly afterwards the people are blessed with plentiful rain. These people would deduce that the act of killing the goat produces the rain. This belief would grow and since humans have a hard time contemplating incorporeal objects, they would naturally anthropomorphize this event, someone with a good imagination will make up some good stories about this new entity and as a result, a god is born. This group of people may start attributing multiple gods to many different things. Eventually they will interact with another group of people. These people may steal the first groups pantheon of gods and add their own stories and flavor to them (human sacrifice, bizarre rituals, etc). This continues through the centuries
edit on 29-1-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Krazyshot explained one way human could come up with the idea of deities but there are so many other ways.

How many civilizations worshiped animals or mythical animals. My favorite is the phoenix for some dragons. People worshiped ancestrial spirits.

The one true god. Yeah sure like that is so hard too come up with. Unless you can show the paper where Dr. Natapoff said people can't come up with the idea of deities I will have to assume that you made that leap in logic yourself.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

And pray it opens!

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   

So then how did we come up with God? How did we come up with the concept of the soul? Can't see those or observe them in nature.

edit on 29-1-2014 by bitsforbytes because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join