It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Base Complements of Google and the USA

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jerry777

First, in the future when you create a thread, please do more than post a large amount of pictures and then not really talk about them. ATS content depends upon members such as yourself. The quality of that content is also dependent up us members.

Second: never, ever use images from Google Earth as proof of anything. Google Earth is rife with stitching errors, image artifacts and distortions.

If you are serious about believing something is there, then do some actual research into it. That means doing more than frame captures of a YouTube video.

Use the locations given in the video, then go search the actual raw images that were used to create the images for Google Earth. Search through HiRISE and see if you find anything that helps confirm, or debunk the claims being made in the video.

Until you do this, all your thread really is, is "Hey I found a YouTube video of someone using Google Earth as their source for something that more than likely is a stitching or image artifact."

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

Please tell me how do i search Hi rise and what is it i am always willing to learn and better my self i dont want to post BS i do not know to much about Google earth -artifacts stiching i dont know what that is so if you would help me out where do you go to find out about Hi rise

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   

i297.photobucket.com...

i297.photobucket.com...

i297.photobucket.com...

i297.photobucket.com...

These are Old Mars Orbiter Photos taken a few years back . Something like City Ruins can be Imagine here or just Geological Rock Formations ?

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

Thankyou for the information i really like the skull on the ground it looks scarey good

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Your welcome . Heres a Few mor City Ruins or just Rock Formations , what do you think ?

i297.photobucket.com...

i297.photobucket.com...

i297.photobucket.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

I think they look good i like the photoslide. What is your openion of this web site earthdata.nasa.gov..." target="_blank" class="postlink">earthdata.nasa.gov...

im haveing a little trouble with the (start tour) option a window poped up and said Unfortunately the Worldview tour can only be viewed in larger web browser windows. I went to google and all i got is something about larger text. Could this be the problem or are they talking about something else.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Im trying to learn about earthdata.nasa.gov..." target="_blank" class="postlink">earthdata.nasa.gov...
was this close too what you were talking about.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   

jerry777

Please tell me how do i search Hi rise and what is it i am always willing to learn and better my self i dont want to post BS i do not know to much about Google earth -artifacts stiching i dont know what that is so if you would help me out where do you go to find out about Hi rise

Okay, first download Google Earth if you do not already have it. Once it is installed and running, switch to the Mars view.

When watching videos of people showing things on Google Earth, try to catch the Latitude and Longitude of the said anom that they are looking at or trying to show you. Always include the Lat and Long in any thread or post you made.

Unfortunately, I do not see any Lat and Long in your pictures, but because you did post clips from far out and zooming in, I was able to quickly find where this is by matching features in each picture while zooming in myself.

The Lat and Long for this is: N 45 deg 56" and E 23 deg 32"

Now, before you zoom in too much, it's important to find out exactly what image that Google Earth is using for you to view. To do that, open up in Google Earth on the left where it says "Spacecraft Imagery", and place check marks in all the boxes:

Now what this does is create color boxes that indicate what spacecraft took images of that area.

Looking, we can see that the area has not been imaged by HiRISE, but was imaged by the CTX imager onboard the Mare Orbiter .

Specifically, here is a link for that imaged area to the raw image:

Link to raw image

Now you can download or open up a larger resolution of the image and go looking for your anom in it.

You won't find it there, I've looked. You'll also notice a HUGE difference in detail (IE the raw image is much better than what Google Earth is showing).

You can do this for the Moon view too.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

A member after my own HEART

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by LABTECH767

Thankyou i hope you find the article about the discs and post them a couple of members cut me up real good not feeling to good wright now but Thankyou

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Yay first post, first off this is cool, I use other programs for viewing the earth and I didn't even know Google Earth had a Mars view, your images made it easy to find the aforementioned anomaly however I don't think it is anything other than an image stitching artifact in this case (although just my opinion) the "thingy" sits on the edge of what looks like too images being smushed together, if you follow this line in either direction there are more identical objects (at least 1 above and 2 more below the one you highlighted), furthermore if you zoom in on this line you can see other instances of similar repeats, I messed around on Photoshop just cause I ruffly matched it with the clearer image from MOC where it does not appear visible,

(this is from straight below your images along said line).

Btw eriktheawful, its even cooler that you can visit more detailed images through Google Earth, thanks for showing us how.
edit on 30-1-2014 by dslayer because: opps, you need more posts I guess to insert images

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   

clicked on the link you provided i see what you are talking about. Now i tryed to and got on the website that imagery is comming from right now i have a little project understanding that site.Theres a lot i dont understand about it. but im working on it Thankyou for your help i appreciate it very much (Jerry Garramone)

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by dslayer

Thankyou for your reply i dont know much about stiching/Artifacts but trust me i am learning. O i wanted it to be real so much.Thanks to the other member (eriktheawful) he helped me with understanding the finer points of Google earth (Mars view). Anyway Thanks my friend.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I went on Google mars, those squared-off sides of the rectangle are approx. 300 feet wide...don't know if this is any help.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   

I was telling my wife about how the pictures from different (Spacecraft) and stiched together to make the whole picture.My wife a long time ago was in the (US Army) she just told me she was in about 9 months when she got stationed in (Okinawa Japan)they were in a big Bunker getting their orders together the Higher ranking personal were also in the big bunker sittind down together but seperated buy a curtain like you see in the rooms in a hospital room.My wife and her friends just happened to be sitting next to the curtain where the higher ranking personal were.At the time she was part of the wearhouse personal that drove the forklifts.So they overheard them talking saying can you beleive this this stuff inthe wearhouse is going to space (Mittary space station) and then to the storage places on Mars. Not too get off topic but when i try to talk to my Wife about the things on ATS (Antigravity-different Crafts-etc.) she doesent want to hear about it she is not interested.Also my wife is not the type to lie about this.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by dslayer

I have to agree with you and eriktheawful its probably an artifact or NOT who knows? You know when they make an entrance they make an exit and probably a couple of them but its probably an artifact.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

That sounds wide enough to fly a good size Craft into it but a lot of members beleive it is an artifact produced from stiching the photos together. Who really knows? But anyway Thankyou my friend!

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

I really like you a few members really tore into me but thats OK. from the bottom of my heart THANKYOU Char-Lee

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Its an artifact, stitching the pic, look at the long line that runs south of the 'bunker'

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   

jerry777

I really like you a few members really tore into me but thats OK. from the bottom of my heart THANKYOU Char-Lee

Sorry i missed this. Remember the one thing we all have a right to is an opinion of our own. Only the cold and the self righteous will deride a person for thinking on their own.
Staying open to responses and information is an obligation if we start or take part in a conversation, but we don't ever deserve abuse!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join