It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jerusalem as the Harlot of Revelation

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

sk0rpi0n
Jesus spoke of a day when he will reject those who go to him saying ''Lord, Lord'' (i.e Christians) for the sole reason that they were ''lawless''.

Here is a quote from Luke 6:46 from Jesus:

"Why do you call me, 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do what I say?

and just a few verses before that he said this:

Luke 6:36
"But love your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High; for He Himself is kind to ungrateful and evil men. "Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.

This is what Jesus said to do. So yes, he did say he will call them "lawless" and "go away I never knew you" but it's important that we do not get confused about "what" he actually said to do.
edit on 13-4-2014 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
the Whore/Bride is an abstract metaphorical 'Bride'... and can righteously be applied to places/peoples/governments/societies all through history...
Jerusalem, Rome, Egypt/Sodom/Babylon, Constantinople, Mecca/Medina, and all the way to the London-DC-NYC finance/militaristic Empire of today

perhaps 'John' got his vision of Revelation by being completely separated from the religious bondage of Judaism all the time he was exiled on the Isle of Patmos...

perhaps he eventually "saw-through" the veil of doctrines and the deception that both the Judeo-Christian cults/religions used to claim authorship by the One-&-Only, True Creator- Deity...

IOW, He tapped in to the True Source, not some tribal 'god' or 'savior' such as YHWH or Jesus...

John on Patmos may have been the first New Ager...but the Christians claimed him as their own even as John unveiled both those religions as being the Anti-Christ & False Prophet/Mystery Babylon, Harlot upon the Beast

edit on th30139739918413262014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Maigret

Do not put words in my mouth, or even think that I despise anyone!

I believe in the power of God and the good inherent in all people; even those that appear 'bad'.

I speak out against LIES - and we both know who is the biggest liar of all.
I didn't mean individual people, but how you feel about the general concept of a church.
You seem to think of it as an aberration, rather than the ultimate goal of God's plan.
You seem to have a wish for things going back to the way it was when Jesus was murdered.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Who was the harlot in the book of revelation? Revelation says the harlot is Babylon (Revelation 17:5)
That says there was a name written on her forehead, "mystery Babylon the Great".
That doesn't mean that it is to be understood as literally Babylon.
Babylon was notorious for taking Judea captive.
The idea here is that there is currently a corrupting influence that would take Christians spiritually captive.
It seems to be specifically the cavorting with pagans to the point of accepting their worshiping of idols as normal.
The Romans had practically every day of the year dedicated to one god or another, and Christians were following this calender and so condoning this by "when in Rome, do as the Romans do".
The Romans had titular deities that was central to the imperial cult, where they were worshiped by initiates under secret names.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

sk0rpi0n

iSomeone ....

A Christian is no longer bound under the law
Jesus spoke of a day when he will reject those who go to him saying ''Lord, Lord'' (i.e Christians) for the sole reason that they were ''lawless''.

all the real laws are based on the concepts of loving god and your neighbor, as yourself.
by neighbor, he doesn't mean only your fellow muslim or christian or jew or buddhist or atheist or pagan, etc. but just anyone who happens to be your neighbor or better yet, your fellow human being, male or female. once you realize this, the rest of the laws begin to be reinterpreted in your head, as you can't judge your neighbor and not expect to have that judgement reciprocated. so the only real solution is to love and love is long suffering, patient, kind, returns good for evil. doesn't lie, doesn't boast, doesn't lay false accusations, doesn't hate, and finally, doesn't judge.

edit on 14-4-2014 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Jesus as usual was quoting the Torah, one of many places you find this principle often referred to as "the golden rule". It's the foundation of most known religions, and in no way did Jesus come up with it. It's his interpretation of the Torah here which is significant. The Torah defines "thy neighbour" as fellow Israelites, while Jesus seems to include other neighbouring nationalities and tribes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join