It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteorite/Fireball Reported In Kentucky?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

whatnext21
Hi I started this thread for Meteor Watch 2014 and was hoping for activity to be posted here?Meteor Watch 2014

I also included multiple links to visit.

Good to know. Thanks for the link.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by jtrenthacker

Heading strait south, last night, with Kentucky about 21/2 hours away we saw a brilliant multi colored meteor fill the sky falling south west (from start south and high in sky) of our position. A long tailed sort with two bursts of burn. This was just after 8pm here about 8:15. +-

From our position the thin looked like if it landed in Kentucky it would have hit halfway between Louisa and Lexington.
edit on 29-1-2014 by Logarock because: n

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

GoldenObserver

Just from what my grandmother has told me and things I have seen on occasion during the summer, there is a military outpost of some sort that I don't think is very well known, if known at all. She says she doesn't think it's active anymore, but the mass of jets training over town this summer and Chinooks for 2 weeks straight tells me otherwise. Very remote around here, great for that sorta thing.

Just speculation though.

2 things, one. Some of us don't do FB. and judging from responses. The video must be good! So when someone figures how to upload...that would be awesome!

Second. The base is no secret..I think you may be referring to HUNTINGTO TRI STATE AIRPORT. Army Guard. Just north of there. They have the helo's you are looking for.

OK folks keep up the nice work.
edit on 29-1-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

Also Lexington is the big army depot. They too have Chinooks and everything else.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigburgh

Actually the footage isn't all that spectacular. I was just happy to have proof of the event so soon after it happened. I had my doubts until the video surfaced. I would have loved to seen it in person though.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
You live in Louisa? You live 15 minutes from where I am staying? I work in Louisa sometimes. You know the power plant (the potentially doomed one)? I work there sometimes.

I have seen two huge fireballs in the last year.
edit on 29-1-2014 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

I don't. My mother was from there. I have a lot of family that still lives there. I used to do a lot of ATV riding in the area when I was younger. Beautiful area but there is lots of weird stories that my uncle and cousins told me about.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Thanks for all of that

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Thanks for the video....

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join