It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gays identified 80% of the time within a blink of an eye without hair, jewelry

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Hmm. Yeah still not working for me.

To be clear I am not talking about the link to the article in the OP. Rather the link within that article for the study it's supposedly based on. Here is the link from that article to the study:

www.plosone.org...

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Possibly, but I think to have an accurate study of that specifically, you would need someone who has never seen a gay person before. I'm guessing the cues from facial expressions are what leads to people to think someone is/isn't gay.

It could be biological, or it could be from having been around a gay people in the past and learning to recognize subtle facial differences in expression/posture.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Oh, my bad. Yeah that one is not working here either. Maybe it's this one
edit on Tue, 28 Jan 2014 23:44:08 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Once again, the same old speech...

Wtf is wrong with people ?

I dont care if you're gay,lesbian, heterosexual or anything

Some people want to turn heteros into gays, some gays want to turn heteros into homosexual.

But lets face it, BOTH sides are stupid

I dont care if you're gay,hetero or whatever,respect me and ill respect you.

Many people think gays automaticaly want them in a sexual way,some gays think heteros want to be them sexualy, .....both sides are waaay too centered on their little egos.

Moreover, some people call homosexuality a illness, some say its a natural thing.

Some want to change it, some want to keep it.

But in the end, it exist....and none can change the fact,it exist and im ok with it..

As long as both sides respect each other, im fine with it.

But, a gay guy gropping and unwilling person, gay or hetero is the same in any case its SEXUAL HARASSMENT

some for heteros,being groped by a guy or a girl if you dont want to, its the SAME

useless fight, useless people.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by gardener

But BI, where does that fall? Does the face look inbetween a straight face and gay face?

That's my gripe with these kinds of categorizations.
It reminds me of another thread where someone said the brains of gay men are neurologically female, and vice versa for gay women.. Being bisexual myself I replied 'So that makes my brain half male and half female?'. Nonsensical.

As for your situation. They are gay or they are bisexual. Who knows. No idea what vibe you might be sending the Universe. If you don't like it there are plenty of creative ways of lessening ones sexual appeal lol.

reply to post by TKDRL

Cool thanks. That must be it.
edit on 29-1-2014 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Maybe they are identified by the other persons penis they are holding in their hand!!!?

Seems obvious to me

All kidding aside, a lot of gay men do stand out a mile, its just their mannerisms, the way they carry themselves, look and its like a sixth sense, you just know. (However, I could swear David Beckham was gay, really could)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   
The faux lisp gays add to their speech always gives it away, and sometimes their face does reveal something different than other people have. It is difficult to describe without making people mad, but to me, I have seen it look like they have an insane being inside of them and it is visible. A queerness (excuse the pun) that shows in the facial look they give off and that includes the eyes as well, it is like an aura that is detectable but not really in your face visible, more like an anomaly of perception,. I have discussed it before with others that also agree and can also tell about 80% of the time.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Lucid Lunacy
reply to post by Helious

I have seen nothing to suggest that homosexuality is something carried inherently in genes.

Well there was some pretty interesting findings in twin studies.

Homosexual Orientaiton in Twins: A Report on 61 Pairs and Three Triplets.

Both the Bailey and Pillard study and the present study are in general agreement about rates for concordance of sexual orientation in MZ and DZ twins. In both studies the rates of concordance for MZ twins are sufficiently high as to suggest a strong biological basis for sexual orientation. The rate of concordance for both MZ and DZ twins is considerably higher than might be expected by chance.

reply to post by ketsuko

However, that does not explain the lack of common sexual orientation in identical twins.

^
edit on 28-1-2014 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

Listen, I hear what your saying loud and clear. I understand. That said, your reaching as far as science is concerned. The simple fact of the matter and I use the word fact in a very literal sense seems to indicate that the basis for homosexuality lies within the brain.

Now, I am not championing anything, I am not digging a line in the sand and I am not pivoting on any moral high ground. I am simply stating that the majority, the accepted majority feels homosexuality origins lie within the human brain.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by gardener

There's only been a few times where I've actually been surprised that someone was gay and had to admit "I never woulda guessed.." And it's usually women that throw the curve ball for me.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Helious.

Now, I am not championing anything, I am not digging a line in the sand and I am not pivoting on any moral high ground.

I didn't think you were. I was also not championing anything. Or drawing a line. I was merely sharing some pertinent research.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

I respect and admire your participation in the subject matter and I am impressed that speech alone moves you to words and action. My only hope would be that more people in this country and others would be so mindful.

I applaud action, even if it conflicts my own ideals. I have nothing but respect for you, your position and your speech, I wish more people would exercise their same rights to speak their mind as well.
edit on 29-1-2014 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

The faux lisp gays add to their speech always gives it away

If I am understanding you correctly are you saying all gay men have this 'faux lisp'? That's how it read. That's categorically false.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Lucid Lunacy

The faux lisp gays add to their speech always gives it away

If I am understanding you correctly are you saying all gay men have this 'faux lisp'? That's how it read. That's categorically false.

I should have stated more details.. No I haven't always observed the speech element, but it is fairly prevalent in that community amongst the males. I don't know why this element exists, but have thought it might be a role playing element. I do know that when I hear it, that it is definitely sickening to me. Repulsive might be more accurate though. This doesn't mean that I personally hate that person, it just grates on the mind like a singer that always sings out of tune, or something like that. People are free to choose their own way.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 02:28 AM
link   

alienreality
The faux lisp gays add to their speech always gives it away, and sometimes their face does reveal something different than other people have. It is difficult to describe without making people mad, but to me, I have seen it look like they have an insane being inside of them and it is visible.

Interesting description! Anything's possible, given the fact multiple studies prove gays' brains are 'wired' differently in some physiological sense; it would make sense differences inside also affect voice patterns and/or physiological expressions.

However, to me its more the masculine face that exudes territoriality and fierceness, even in fat pudgy specimens, and as for as insanity it would be all this testosterone fueling out current wars, not gay faces and lispy, colorful creative minds that go with them. Come to think of it, our masculine faces just look "Conformist" to a gender role/expectation, and anything outside of it, like a dude with an expressive/sensitive tone to his voice, or with a way he walks or talks, smacks those lips, batts those eyes etc etc, that is unconformist and make up that happy/gay face.

Where did society get "gay" from gay. Cucka-burra lives in the old gum tree... merry merry king of the bush is he (well a different bush)... laugh cuckaburra laugh cuckamurra gay your life must be! - Catchy, aint it? =D

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 03:11 AM
link   

No I haven't always observed the speech element, but it is fairly prevalent in that community amongst the males.

Well…

Being an ardent supporter of LGBT I am pretty active in the community. It really hasn't been prevalent in my experience. I think perhaps people associate that with male homosexuality and assume someone without it are not gay and thus obscure their view on prominence? Dunno but my experience says it's not uncommon at all for a gay man to 'walk and talk' like a heterosexual man.

I do know that when I hear it, that it is definitely sickening to me. Repulsive might be more accurate though

That's fair. My brother feels the same and I think he's an amazingly moral person. Still, I do think it's wrong to view it sickening in the sense there is something wrong with it on their part. I don't however necessarily think it's wrong you are repulsed by it.

Even being bisexual myself and a supporter of LGBT I was once quite off put by people like our friend Darth Prime. The full drag queen thing. I wasn't immune. Now that doesn't bother me in the slightest and I embrace it and celebrate it in others. Life's greatest beauty to me is the fullness of human expression. Just be true to yourself.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 03:17 AM
link   
For those who want the actual PLOS ONE journal' study info:

PLOS ARTICLE

That should be a working link since the link mentioned within the working US News link doesn't work
edit on 29-1-2014 by gardener because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   
This is complete rubbish.

I know gay people and they are exactly the same as anyone else i know, i only find out they are gay when they tell me and im a pretty damned good judge of character.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   

I do know that when I hear it, that it is definitely sickening to me. Repulsive might be more accurate though

Whoa, I missed that! Repulsive? Sickening? I can see how anything outside of gender roles is seen as going against the grain. But just someone's voice tones?!

Imagine having a relative who happens to be gay as well as talks with the lisp and is open and honest. Then another who is totally macho acting, deep voice and all, but bending over for random guys when the wife's away!

Which one is repulsive & sickening?? (and why, huh?)

Deny ignorance, folks!

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by projectbane

Gurl i'm still hoping!

Lucid Lunacy - it may surprise people how some people within the LGBT don't like Drag Queens, nothing wrong about, personal preference, likewise some within the LGBT don't support Same Sex Marriage, some don't support the "Camp" or "Flamboyant" Gays,

people have Stereotypes for everyone. seeing someone and saying "He has to be Gay" but why? his mannerism? his Face? his Voice? but sometimes those turn out to be wrong. likewise for Straight people

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I swear these threads that are built around the topic of homosexuality are just made for straight people to flaunt their heterosexuality. We get it, you're straight, can you stop making such a fuss on ATS? Go and have a parade or something.

The Big-Straight-Hatin'-Gays Parade

Dont wear pretty costumes though... you might catch "It" .... Yano.. The "Gay"

Hahahaha

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join