It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gays identified 80% of the time within a blink of an eye without hair, jewelry

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
? Fairly recent study found up to 80% accurately identified the sexual orientation of subjects based on facial photos with hair, jewelry, and other adornments removed

www.usnews.com...

Hair boggled me because I wondered did they actually remove facial hairs from the faces?!

Why did I even bother to google Gaydar? Well, I've been having a cumbersome problem of being propositioned by mostly older seemingly married men in a variety of settings from my day job, to my landscape contracts, to even just random public bathroom lately and concluded I was giving off mixed signals or it's something in the air, or people are just all around pervy these days.

What characteristics make a gay face? Cause, apparently I have it. Is there a biological basis to it? Celeb examples for refernce might help...

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I have a feeling that the cutoff denim shorts are a major clue.

Regards,
Rewey

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
This is discriminating to gays.

They just want to be like everyone else.... but different... with special rules. BUT THEY ARE LIKE EVERYONE ELSE!!

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by gardener

Actually I've always been very fond of you myself. Kidding of course. "Gay Face"? Wait till the middle school kids get ahold of that term. If SNL doesn't cover this story on Weekend Update I'll be stunned.

As far as your situation, are you exceptionally well-groomed/attractive? What do these men say to you? Do they ask if you're gay or just proposition you outright? I've attracted a homosexual or two myself. Flattering but odd situation.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Could it be lower testosterone? I mean thats one of the major theories what causes atypical brain development while in the womb, no?

Perhaps jaw/chin, forehead brow ridge and nose bridge tend to be small in folks with lower testosterone from sometime beginning at conception and by adolescence and perhaps those are cues of a less masculinized brain?

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   

I like you gardener. That was awesome.
Someone is probably going to post the gay viking video to counter you. I say you come back with "bath salts" lol

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   

suggesting there may be such a thing as a "gay face," according to researcher Joshua Tabak, a doctoral candidate at the university and lead author of the paper.

I am not gay, but have been exposed to more than enough approaches from the crowd.

The gay is obvious most the time just from the facial expression. I can't quite describe it, but it is what stands out.

I usually confuse 99% of hipsters as gay so take that for what you will.

-FBB
edit on 28-1-2014 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 101

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Urantia1111

Actually I've always been very fond of you myself. Kidding of course. "Gay Face"? Wait till the middle school kids get ahold of that term. If SNL doesn't cover this story on Weekend Update I'll be stunned.

As far as your situation, are you exceptionally well-groomed/attractive? What do these men say to you? Do they ask if you're gay or just proposition you outright? I've attracted a homosexual or two myself. Flattering but odd situation.

Nope, I wear the same clothes from over 10 years ago, usually just a dirty jeans and dirty tshirt unless at work. I never style my hair, just slick it back and get it cut every 3-4 weeks

Theres been so many incidents but I guess I'll name just a few.. at work one of my ex boss who was married with kids, we wet on a convention together cross country. I noticed on the flight he had his leg leaning on mine the whole trip. I moved mine away, but it was uncomfortable and I just let it be. then we had to share a hotel room and he (pretended?) dodnt know to operate you know, the hot/cold water and open the drain, when I was showing him he in the bathroom he stuck his hand down my shorts and let his towel go. Awkward. Also there are bathroom exposures from strangers I'd like to erase from my mind as well as their offering services verbally. Uggh I dont like writing this stuff so I'll end there, why oh why are people so pervy.

I mean, do some women expose themselves doing something in that manner in the little girls room? What is going on in these folks' heads esp the married ones!?

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
This proves ( not definitively of course) that biologically there are markers for us to identify homosexuality.

Which means on some level, sexual orientation is biological.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Thats really neat in a way then, for its like if people are acknowledging there is a 'gay face' that has nothing to do with hair, adornments of the face, then yea it must been there is some biochemical basis to that thus society is accepting it. (Its only the part of assuming you can approach someone explicitly because you assume they are gay too, that I have a personal experiential problem with)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   

stop brushing you'r teeth for a couple of weeks look like a slob and wear stupid ugly clothes

hey man it works for me

no one is keen to sleep with me

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   

tothetenthpower
This proves ( not definitively of course) that biologically there are markers for us to identify homosexuality.

Which means on some level, sexual orientation is biological.

~Tenth

I would suggest psychological as opposed to biological. I have seen nothing to suggest that homosexuality is something carried inherently in genes. I think the available evidence supports homosexuality not really being a "controllable" preference but it is far more likely to be something within the brain as the cause as opposed to something in the DNA in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
S/he said biological, not genetic.

If there is a biologically 'gay' face, that would suggest to science there is a biological basis, such as hormones during fetal development basis.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Well in that case do you discount this entirely?

I don't understand how it could be anything else but biological if we are able to identify people of same sex orientation, without anything more than a face to look at.

Culturally homosexuality has only really been accepted in the last 15 or so years, so I can't imagine that we've had time enough for people as a whole ( 80% at that) to be able to pick them out of a crowd with again, as little as just a face.

See where I'm coming from?

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I serve Face,Face, Beauty Face Hunty!

maybe it's due to the way we are to believe "Feminine" and "Masculine" Features. and, as stated above may lend itself towards a more "Biological Marker"

(post by murphy22 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
On the pysch side for what its worth expression/what facial muscles are used most over the years also shows thru

Shaped eyebrows have a story to tell, but the study claims it hid all hair

Do women tend to grow longer eyelashes than men? Just wondering

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   

tothetenthpower
reply to post by Helious

Well in that case do you discount this entirely?

I don't understand how it could be anything else but biological if we are able to identify people of same sex orientation, without anything more than a face to look at.

Culturally homosexuality has only really been accepted in the last 15 or so years, so I can't imagine that we've had time enough for people as a whole ( 80% at that) to be able to pick them out of a crowd with again, as little as just a face.

See where I'm coming from?

~Tenth

I hardly ever discount anything entirely. Often times, we are left to available evidence which is usually incomplete and to our own intuition and common sense, both of which fail us on occasion.

Being a bartender my life was a life choice, one I made having many other opportunities available to me. I did it because people is what I am interested in, that's my business and for me personally, I have an uncanny ability to detect those who are gay, even those who try as hard as they can to hide it. Am I always right? No, probably not but I guarantee my success rate is much higher than 80%.

Is this ability in people both from live observation to photo recognition of homosexuals truly a sign of a biological nature of the condition? Hell, I don't know but I honestly don't think so.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   

With regard to married dudes reaching into your shorts, one must consider bisexuality or simple homosexuality in men who decided to feign heterosexuality in the interest of avoiding social persecution. Still, pretty bold move to just start groping any member of your own gender without being quite certain that they're also gay, let alone attracted to you. Risking a punch in the gayface at least operating like that.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   

murphy22

This is, and I call BS! It is a mental disorder, pure and simple. I question your search for "denying ignorance". If you have been "propositionend" and your "boss" got his hand down your shorts in a bathroom... I can't emagine why your "boss" is still breathing. Again mental disorder on both you and him. We have laws in this country. The law is not always right or wrong. But these mentally ill people are trying to shove their illness down our throughts and make us normal people that abide by the law/laws of nature accept their queerness as normal. I can't believe you let a dude stick his hands down your underwear and he lived to tell about it..... I know the "laws"... F THAT! It's time men started doing what men do. Kick Sick pervs a** and stand for what is right! Someone tries that S with me they'll see every collor of the rainbow flag... That's a promise. That said, you can see it in their eyes nine out of ten times.

Let? I got a fat settlement after opening up a case with DOL!

I'd rather not spend the rest of my life in prison surrounded by more mental/pervs for the rest of my life just because a dude tried to touch me down there. Didn't let, just caught me by surprise. What, nobody given u wedgy in your life (did they live?!=)

Seriously, KILL someone cause they're touchy feely? I'll leave that for the ladies being groped (and worse) by their bosses across the nation

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join