It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Cops possibly making arrests in Portugal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
It is reported that detectives from Scotland Yard have flown out to the Algarve to make arrests or to question three suspects in the case of missing Madeleine McCann who disappeared six years ago. Scotland Yard has declined to comment. I hope this article being published does not cause any suspects to go under the radar. It seems three suspected burglars made a great deal of phone calls to each other immediately after Madeleine's disappearance. The police forces of both country's are co-operating after a lengthy trawl through the case records revealed what is described as a significant lead.

Here's hoping for the best.

www.mirror.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by hotel1

Thanks for posting...

I have followed the case's highs & lows here from the US...it has been a roller coaster to look on & I can't even begin to imagine how wretched a process for the little one's parents all of this time... ):

Here's a positive thought & prayer sent out for the safe return of little M. first & foremost...

If the abductors catch on, just let her be with her family again...

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
well, it's shouted from the newspaper headlines. why they do that if they don't wanna alert the suspects? unless there issome sort of other agenda?

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by hotel1

Of course we all want a positive outcome for this little child and I sincerely wish them success.

As time passes though I wonder if they would pull out all the stops like that for other children.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by taoistguy

because the retards don't care if their tails are true or not or compromise ongoing investigations - all that matters is the headline " exclusive "

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

I heard about those guys,will keep an eye on this thread....hope something comes of this for sure...

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
they may already be being held, and the arrest stage may be due soon.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   

taoistguy
they may already be being held, and the arrest stage may be due soon.

That seems very likely assessment TG. Hope you're right.
I pray she 's with some kindly idiot in a Roma camp somewhere.
Please let the rumours and speculations be false.
Please.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   

ignorant_ape
reply to post by taoistguy

because the retards don't care if their tails are true or not or compromise ongoing investigations - all that matters is the headline " exclusive "

on the flip side of the coin I have seen media outlets assist law enforcement by placing an article that alludes / references something that only the criminals might know about. Its possible law enforcement doesn't quite meet the burden to make an arrest, however, if the criminals see the news article, they might take actions that could very well tip the burden in favor of law enforcement to take action.

I don't care much for media either, but sometimes it is not all about headlines. Sometimes it comes down to a media outlet willing to assist where others wont.

just another possibility to consider.

On that note, here is hoping they locate her safe and sound (along with other missing children if it is indeed a child ring).
edit on 28-1-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Either they have been shadowing these guys, had them being held for something else, or just want to question them to see what they saw. It makes no sense to announce an arrest months in advance to give the culprits a head start. I have a good feeling about this - I think we will find out what happened to this child soon.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

Very possibly, as one commenter has already alluded to, it could be the announcement was made deliberately to get these three individuals to break cover, so to speak.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by hotel1

But.....surely they have had the real suspects in front of them the whole time....The Parents.

I followed this case for years and every time the evidence leads back to the parents. They need to be questioned again thoroughly, separately and so do their dinner guests. For as long as it takes to be sure. They know more than they are telling. And now they are making money out of their daughters "ill fortune"

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   

projectbane
reply to post by hotel1

But.....surely they have had the real suspects in front of them the whole time....The Parents.

I followed this case for years and every time the evidence leads back to the parents. They need to be questioned again thoroughly, separately and so do their dinner guests. For as long as it takes to be sure. They know more than they are telling. And now they are making money out of their daughters "ill fortune"

Do you really think that her parents are gleefully rubbing their hands thinking of all the cash they are going to make out of this???

Maybe you should have a look at this :

THE parents of missing British toddler Madeleine McCann are nervously waiting as Scotland Yard detectives fly to Portugal to arrest three suspects. (this info can be found at www.news.com.au...)

The Mirror reports Kate and Gerry McCann were being kept "fully informed" of police progress after being told of a breakthrough in the six-year-old mystery.

The potential breakthrough follows last year's "cold case" review of all evidence surrounding the disappearance of the little girl six years ago while on a holiday with family and friends at the Praia da Luz resort in May 2007.

Full story here : www.theguardian.com...

How can you say such a thing? "the parents making money out of their daughter".... Do you have proof, are you their bank manager, a police inspector???... just because they made the front page (please remember that this is a very sensitive subject involving a child...) This does not mean that they sold their story... NO MATTER WHAT MSM and slimy gutter press "reporters" state to the sheeple, remember that sensation stories means more money in the pockets for those greedy disgusting scumbags that sell news to a certain percentage of the general public who crave for this kind of crap.

I guess you are not a parent in stating such a remark... you say that you have followed this case for years, so you will probably remember that the parents have been investigated soooo many times no?

If your expertise proves to be right then i will eat my sunglasses and apologise profusely... If it does not, then with all respect I would like to say shame on you for your words.

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 29-1-2014 by Rodinus because: Link fixed

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Nonsense...they did it. Or know who did. They have never been nervous about anything except being caught.

Lies and more lies.....however this is just my opinion (and millions of others)

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   

taoistguy
well, it's shouted from the newspaper headlines. why they do that if they don't wanna alert the suspects? unless there issome sort of other agenda?

Monitoring phone calls, see if they talk to one another about the story...

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

projectbane
reply to post by Rodinus

Nonsense...they did it. Or know who did. They have never been nervous about anything except being caught.

Lies and more lies.....however this is just my opinion (and millions of others)

Name those Millions..

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I know police work takes a lot of time but I was really hoping they would have not left Portugal so soon - as I see this as a sign of more delays due to international issues. I was hoping to hear of a review of bank records, and a possible interview to question them. What could they have accomplished in such a short period of time on this visit? I mean - we have fax machines for document transfers so ?

Every detective who has taken on this case has a mountain of good leads and evidence yet they work on it and end up nowhere. I don't want this to be one of those times (never did but this is likely the last effort).

What I think - Madeleine was drowsy that day when she was picked up from daycare. She was behaving strangely yet mom chalks it up to being under the weather. Mom gets a report from friends on the beach that all the kids had gone on a boat ride - yet Madeleine had not been there. Mom feels sad - and asks the daycare why she didn't go - It ends there - we don't know what the daycare told her. It was in the book. Does no one see this as suspect? Or is it kept quiet because it is a red flag?

She also stated she had cried out for them the night before and the parents think someone tried to take her then - yet were spooked. The act of her crying out would have prompted some drugging to assure she slept through anything. They regrouped and someone during the day gave her something that made her feel sleepy yet not enough to alert the parents that she had been given something. What drug would act on someone to make them behave strangely and only a few hours later make them sleep sound?

Other children in the group had gotten ill - yet no adults that I recall. No fevers - just ill / out of sorts. Things that are contagious usually spread amongst all kids (or most). Did all children at that program end up getting sick? What illnesses are contagious that do not bring on a fever, and are not easily spread to adults? If any adult did get a bit ill - did they take a bite of their child's food when visiting? I'm not sure but my gut has always gone back to that childcare center - and a trafficking trade.

I do hope they find an answer. It has been far too long.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   
well, here we still are. there they still are. nothing seems to have come from this latest report.
does seem this family seem to have been set up for being a distraction to something else?

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

They certainly have some culpability in this for the simple fact they left their children unattended in an apartment while they buggered off to dinner for a few hours - if this had happened in the UK they'd be facing negligence/child abandonment charges.

That said, the McCann Fund has raised millions and has, in part, funded a round the world "search" for the Parents who have had the privileged of meeting some powerful and famous people, including the Pope and they have hired private security firms at a cost of £500k a month. Quite what makes them so special over all the other parents of missing children has always puzzled me.

new topics

top topics

join