Ironically, I found out that you can't submit your own case in one of their rules!!
This means, I'll need someone else to forward my story to UCB!
If anyone is interested in submitting my story, I fit under these three categories (provided in the website):
- Exceptional, spontaneous disease remission (after robust diagnosis)
- I am extremely resistant to cough, colds and flu (I have no idea about my resistance to other diseases. Don't remember getting sick with Malaria,
Dengue, H1N1, etc)
- If I do catch cough, colds, and flu from another sick person, I don't develop the full symptoms and get healed in 2 hours on average. I very
rarely get sick for more than three hours.
- I never take any remedy, nor rest, nor medicines to recover from a disease. And with very short duration and mild symptoms only, I'm barely
incapacitated by diseases.
- Last time I took any vaccine was from my infancy, I'm 32 years old now.
- I live in Manila, Philippines where many deadly diseases are quite common like Malaria, Dengue, usually diseases caused by poor sanitary
conditions and the tropical climate. I live in a crowded, low-cost neighborhood in the city where the chances of getting sick is very high.
- I'm also immune to oxalates/oxalic acid, commonly found in wild plants which causes unpleasant swelling and pain in the throat lining if
- Exceptional resistance or immunity to infections (in high-risk populations)
- Lost count of the times, I'm cut and pierced by rusty/unsterilized metal. Some of the cuts were long and deep.
- Open wound exposed to sewer water a few times
- Never got sick in any of these injuries, never incapacitated.
- Never did any first aid except for bandage.
- Never took antibiotics, never disinfected any wound
- Wounds never turned bad, always healed normally.
Exceptional wound healing after surgery or trauma in adults (without scarring for example)
- Don't know if this counts: one occasion, I am thrown off a bike, flew 10 feet in the air, and landed on the solid concrete kerb with my head
without a helmet. The kerb stopped my flying head and body on a dime if anyone can imagine that! I wasn't knocked unconscious. I was only dazed,
only suffered a bruise and a small scratch on my head, and a bit of headache. Didn't break a bone. All pain and dizziness are gone in 15 minutes! I
was 13 years old when it happened. Never broke a bone my entire life and I'm not an athlete of any sort nor work out regularly.
Exceptional tissue growth and regeneration (excessive cartilage growth of the joints, ears, nose & gums for example)
Failure to reject an organ transplant following withdrawal of all immunosuppressive drugs
- Never experienced
Bonus: I hardly age. I used to have minor bodily aches like the common back aches, sometimes the joints. They've all disappeared mysteriously
without any treatment or dietary change designed to address those issues.
If anyone is interested to forward my case to UCB can PM me for more details you need. Remember, the deadline is on 20 Feb 2014!!
I can't apply for my own case because it's against the rules!
edit on 2-2-2014 by ahnggk because: (no reason given)