It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The State of The Union Address (2055 EST)

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   
He's more out of touch with reality than ever before. He's been talking about job creation since 2007, and here it is, 2014 with millions on food stamps.

I can't even, with the rest of his speech. It's the same lies. I think he should just go on another vacation. Just vacation away the next few years. He's spineless, ignorant, clueless, and just plain old useless now.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   

ripcontrol

I remember that song. My dad, who was a blue collar worker used to listen to that all of the time. It was almost like his anthem. My parents were believers in, work hard and you'll do well. Anything is possible with hard work. It's not like that for everyone now. Now, it's more like, work hard, and maybe you'll do ok, but more than likely not. No hope.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   

neo96
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Oh they put out the highlights

Here is the new video:

That frame as an image, with the Roadrunner holding a small American flag, and the perfect caption - would go viral.

The coyote isn't just Obama, but the everything that cannot sustain itself no matter how hard it tries.

The roadrunner is the American people themselves, in their collective simple and straightforward, genius.

Now's the time to start putting the pressure on, or i should say just walk in a new direction, for the sake of truth and liberty and justice for all.

Now that's funny!

Ingenious. Ironic. And isn't that the way that the winds of Liberty blow?

It's not something you get from any authority, but Liberation itself, and that's the power because what is power but the power to choose and choose well.

They don't see it, but it's a major political earthquake that's already severed them from the edge of the cliff by their own doing in everything they did, and failed to do.

They took the American people for granted, without knowing the hearts and minds of the people - out of touch.

That's a movement, because it's already ahead of the curve with humor, at the expense of all that is absurd and foolish by comparison.

Oh the irony!

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   
He's ruining this country, and we're all going to stand by and let it go down the drain. All I can do is prepare for what is coming. I'm two years in. Hopefully we will survive it. When the employer mandate kicks in, we will lose our affordable insurance. Realistically, we will not be able to afford another plan. It's too high. We won't qualify for medicaid or subsidies. There are many like me. Obama won't address that though. Never in my life have I felt so weary. Listening to that man speak tonight made me realize how tired and hopeless I have felt for the past four years.

Something really has to change. Something has to give. Sometimes, it feels like that rubber band is finally going to snap and break apart.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

I don't know if people know that they have the power. Over the years, whenever I see someone complain about TSA, I say "Don't fly" and they are like... duhhh. I say "Don't fly, hit em' where it hurts, their money". and the people are like... "yeah but I can't stop flying". Okay then, don't complain about TSA. Go on and fly. Take your pat downs and allow yourself to be treated like a criminal.

When people complain about Obamacare, I say "Don't sign up. If everyone refuses together, then they can't force us". People are signing up. Okay, so now what?

You can't change a thing when you comply.

I'm out of answers. All I see is our country heading in a direction where soon, the people will be completely powerless.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Destinyone

Thorneblood
reply to post by Destinyone

I kind of expected her to walk over to a windowsill to check on the Apple Pie she left to cool, I actually met her during her last campaign and got a real "Stepford Wives" vibe off of her.

What a waste of TV time for the GOP. I'm sorely disappointed in their choice of her as spokesperson. So many other people could have made an impact...all she did was look like a 50's TV Aunt Bea wanna be. I could see her giving a duck and cover speech to the first grade at my school in 1955. WTF is wrong with the GOP, wasting such an opportunity????

Des

What is wrong with the GOP........They are all progressives every last one of them. We are all fools and pick a side when in reality they all bow to the same masters.

The illusion of choice. Progressive filth to the left of me..... Progressive filth to the right of me. But by all means pick a side and stick with them no matter what. Why not. At least you can say you voted and stand by your party.......FOOLS.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Libertygal
reply to post by Druid42

I agree, but to hear Obama tell the story, he has cut the deficit in half, and spending is not a problem. It is an imaginary story Republicans made up to stir up trouble and try to make him look bad, and to stop him from accomplishing his goals.

This is one of his excuses for turning to Executive Orders for an answer, because silly Republicans keep saying no to his ideas, which all include huge spending increases.

So, not really surprised at all. What he *should* be doing is not what is happening in this crazy, upside down country right now.

The total National Debt stood at $16.7 trillion at the end of last fiscal year (Sept 30, 2013).

The total national Debt is currently around $17.3 trillion.

So that means they have added about $600 billion to the debt.

"Deficit spending" correlates to the amount they spent vs the amount they take in.

So, from Oct 1st until now (4 months), they have a $600 billion spending deficit.

They had to issue more Treasury securities (borrow money from) to make up the difference from what they took in from revenues.

That always changes from month to month, but it could easily come to another $1 trillion deficit this year.

here's what all that has looked like in recent years:

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   
So, how was it? Did he fix everything? NO?!

I have to admit, I didn't watch. I didn't want to throw the remote through the screen.

He isnt the evil schemer so many make him out to be. The truth is much more damning, but less interesting: He is just a #ty President. A Jimmy Carter for the 21st century.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Perhaps there should be a second "reply" to the speechifying by the Demopublicans. There are multitudes of us out here who refuse to be identified with either major party. In the Commonwealth of Kentucky we are known as : other.
I know that there are articulate "others" out there who could talk about the things the 2-headed demon won't speak of. I'm not speaking of talk show hosts who claim to be independents but of people who have ideas that offend both sides of the aisle. This is the role that journalists used to play. I can remember a time when journalists actually investigated pols---and lived to tell about it---and told the citizens of the US.
For a person who was watching the national scene during the Watergate era, this is indeed a bizarre tableau unfolding.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   
WOW everyone hates Obama. But then again the general population in every country hates their politicians.

So this how they fall apart and when they find they've run out of lies they'll fake what they don't know.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   

SubTruth

Destinyone

Thorneblood
reply to post by Destinyone

I kind of expected her to walk over to a windowsill to check on the Apple Pie she left to cool, I actually met her during her last campaign and got a real "Stepford Wives" vibe off of her.

What a waste of TV time for the GOP. I'm sorely disappointed in their choice of her as spokesperson. So many other people could have made an impact...all she did was look like a 50's TV Aunt Bea wanna be. I could see her giving a duck and cover speech to the first grade at my school in 1955. WTF is wrong with the GOP, wasting such an opportunity????

Des

What is wrong with the GOP........They are all progressives every last one of them. We are all fools and pick a side when in reality they all bow to the same masters.

The illusion of choice. Progressive filth to the left of me..... Progressive filth to the right of me. But by all means pick a side and stick with them no matter what. Why not. At least you can say you voted and stand by your party.......FOOLS.

This. Choose left, right, get the same thing. Sadly, I'm already seeing people saying they can't wait to vote for Hillary in 2016.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Aisling

Sadly, I'm already seeing people saying they can't wait to vote for Hillary in 2016.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 02:41 AM
link   

NewAgeMan

Aisling

Sadly, I'm already seeing people saying they can't wait to vote for Hillary in 2016.

yep..

as the general populace gets sucked into another vacuum, created by the NSA, CIA, to vote on ANYONE, other than someone that goes by the same name as the guy 'responsible' for 9/11... much like another country that wanted a king SO bad they would take ANYONE..

well.. they got one alright, not one that the divine wanted them to have because HE thought they could govern their own affairs without one just fine...

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

This is a RERUN isn't it ?
I mean was a RE-RUN.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   

blueyezblkdragon
WOW everyone hates Obama. But then again the general population in every country hates their politicians.

So this how they fall apart and when they find they've run out of lies they'll fake what they don't know.

I don't hate him---or anyone else for that matter. But I do hate what is happening to our country under his authority. I'm fully cognizant that he has able allies of both parties in the Congress who are equally to blame when that gets passed about.
I know how the people who voted for him feel. I really do. I voted for Jimmy Carter and then watched and was part of that whole train wreck. I survived it but I also learned a great deal from it.
That's the vast difference I see in the electorate today---they didn't manage to see their mistake in electing him like they did back in Carter's day. Those of us who stood in gas lines had a lot of time to think about why we were sitting in that line in August. Perhaps if we'd had smart phones to keep us distracted, Carter might have won another term....
So no, I don't hate Obama but I hate the fact that he's leading the greatest experiment in liberty and equality off the cliff and he's doing it with the able assistance of the people who are supposed to be serving us under the terms of the Constitution for the United States. I hate the fact that the people who are going to be most hurt by him and his ilk are the ones who are blissfully unaware or willfully ignorant. I see them in my own family and wonder what will happen to them...
edit on 29-1-2014 by diggindirt because: correction

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Is it just me or did Obama say he was going to do what it takes,to do what he wants, with or without legislation? I find that bit interesting. I doubt many people caught this, especially in the live audience, because they were all clapping so loudly over this statement.

So, I wonder what he means by: "America does not stand still, and neither will I. (Applause.) So wherever and whenever I can take steps without legislation to expand opportunity for more American families, that's what I'm going to do. (Cheers, applause.)"

STATE OF THE UNION 2014: FULL TRANSCRIPT

Perhaps I'm just reading into the statement a bit too much, as he then goes on to address his wife's accomplishments. Mind you why compare the two positions of power. She has no legal authority, while he has a significant amount (from what I understand, correct me if i am wrong). Just getting a weird vibe from the use of those words together.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Remember in January 2009, instead of Bush doing one Obama did one a week before taking the office. It was Soldier Field packed like sardines to see, hear, ask him direct questions at 9 PM...recall?
Well that was strangely the only time the public was given full access to Obama.
Very shocking that a full 180 reversal took place weeks later and the rest of the story we sadly all know.

edit on 29-1-2014 by Granite because: sp

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Sparkymedic

No you caught that statement just fine, he is planning on ruling by decree of Executive Order if the need be..

*THAT* people is the single most concerning statement in the entire speech...*THAT* could be the lynch pin everyone is worried about.. *THAT* would be the demise of our system (albeit broken) of government..

Everyone on here screamed and yelled that Dubbya was going to make himself Emperor Bush and get rid of elections and crown himself leader for life by using Executive orders (the ones that are to be invoked in a National Disaster for Continuity of Govt) and yes Bush was a total moron, and was about as effective as a wet sack being carried by Dick "Killemall" Cheney, but this.. THIS statement form Obama is real, it's on record, on national TV and his thought process on governing.

We need to heed this as a warning, and through legal and civil means remove these people from office and re-elect people that will work for US

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
*yawn*

Oh my goodness! I just had a terrible nightmare. I dreamt that Obama was on tv last night pushing for more draconian rule, going about legislation without congress, wanting more of my money with a rebuttal from Aunt Bea who bored everyone to sleep.

Silly huh.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   

beezzer
*yawn*

Oh my goodness! I just had a terrible nightmare. I dreamt that Obama was on tv last night pushing for more draconian rule, going about legislation without congress, wanting more of my money with a rebuttal from Aunt Bea who bored everyone to sleep.

Silly huh.

Wasn't a dream Beezzer

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join