It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The State of The Union Address (2055 EST)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

"Republicans this
Republicans that

I can't do nothing because of the Republicans
All Americans agree that if Republicans didn't exist, the world would be at peace and the hungry would be fed, clothed and housed.

America, we need to rid the earth of Republicans... Yes We Can!!" - Obama

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

What do YOU think he'll say?

Obama is going to say, 'Read my lips, Don't watch me tonite all I am saying is BS anyways'.

Funniest part there ?

In the multiverse where there is an infinite alternate realities, He does.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Since he couldn't get the minimum wage movement going, it's already been leaked he is signing an executive order to raise minimum wage for Federal Contract Workers to 10.10 an hour, which will increase Union contracts from %5-%8 hourly, non-negotiable, for all Unions that have it pre-written in their contracts.

I have been warning that the goal was a backdoor raise for Unions the entire time, and this solidifies my claims.

If he really cared about ALL people, he would make it an across the board minimum wage increase, not just Federal Contract Workers.

In doing this, he solidifies his pals at the SEIU get a fat raise that will more than cover Get Out The Vote paybacks, and anyvpayment for helping Hillary.

Although Boehner has already stated he "stands poised" to confront Obama on anything that goes against the Constitution, he has already caved on this particular executive order, saying he feels Obama has the legal authority to raise minimum wage for Federal Contract Workers, though, he feels an across the board increase would hurt small businesses and damage the economy.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Hmm all I got to say is this

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
This state of the union speech is for what purpuse, in canada we get a budget speech every year and a throne speech to talk about issues in the now. Is it the same or its used differently sorry if its a newb question.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   

dukeofjive696969
This state of the union speech is for what purpuse, in canada we get a budget speech every year and a throne speech to talk about issues in the now. Is it the same or its used differently sorry if its a newb question.

It's a throne speech, basically.

"This is where we are at, this is where we need to go."

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

Ahhh that's bad news. I hope it's not true but for some reason I have no doubts that what you say is true. He might as well just use his final executive order and press the "destroy the nation now" button.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Let's gooo baby, 45 min left, show those neo-christians republicans the future.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

(CNN) - While President Barack Obama’s attempts to increase the nation’s minimum wage through legislation have stalled in Congress, the White House announced plans on Tuesday to use the president’s executive powers to partially address the problem.

Just hours before the President is scheduled to deliver his fifth State of the Union address, the White House revealed that Obama will issue an executive order to increase the minimum wage for new federal contract workers.

Obama to Raise Minimum Wage for Federal Contractors - CNN

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Anyone that does not clearly see that Obama has been blocked by the Republicans on nearly everything he tried to get through is not looking.

The Republicans have even blocked Obama on things they wanted but could not get under Bush! I don't like many of the things Obama has done or wants. It does not however change the facts. No President has ever been cock blocked to the extent this one has. Most of us know why......

I will be watching tonights speech for the first time in a couple of years.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   

dukeofjive696969

It was never intended to be what it has become (all sides in the States have used it for the purpose of one large press-event) and was meant for a way for the Executive Branch to report to the Legilsative Branch "time to time". It isn't even a requirement to do it on an annual basis.

Article II, Section 3 states the following:

He shall from time to time give to the Congress Information of the State of the Union, and recommend to their Consideration such Measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient;

It was a means of which the President could exercise the bully pulpit and explain to Congress the measures that the Executive believed to be important and make the case for such Executive wants.

Throughout the history of the United States of America, it was conveyed in a letter to Congress but with the advent of radio and more notably, the television, it has become merely a press-event and stump speech in my opinion.

To highlight this, consider that many presidents would pen a letter to Congress on the "state" of the Union. It wasn't until President Woodrow Wilson did our current fetish to have our leader stand before the Congress and tell them what they need to do.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Mamatus
Anyone that does not clearly see that Obama has been blocked by the Republicans on nearly everything he tried to get through is not looking.

The Republicans have even blocked Obama on things they wanted but could not get under Bush! I don't like many of the things Obama has done or wants. It does not however change the facts. No President has ever been cock blocked to the extent this one has. Most of us know why......

It is apparent that you do not understand how a republican form of government operates then. The People hold the political power and from there, the States and finally the Federal government. Since the House is that "of the People" and the Senate "is of the States", it would then be easily seen that all the power to make law and govern is in the hands of Congress.

It matters not if things were blocked, because there are measures to overcome such blockages. The problem is that each and every politician is now calculating their power base and not what they need to do for their constituents. Senators are beholden to the same problems and care nothing of the State in which they represent; they just want to retain the power.

Oh and if you think that "no president has ever been 'cock' blocked to the extent this one has (I can see the extent of your vocabulary here)" I would suggest reading history. It is the job of Congress to be the check against the Executive. It is Federalism at its finest.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

The extent of my vocabulary? Well at least I can discuss issues without making insults. Richard.....

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Mamatus

Well thank Gawd the checks & balances are still around.

Obama enjoyed a wild runaway Congress for his first two years.

And we all know what good that did don't we?

The majority in the U.S. House of Representatives represents the majority of the U.S. population, just like it did in 2009/2010.

People changed their minds just in time.

And I wonder how many bills were passed by the House since 2011 that were shot down by the Senate because Obama said he didn't like it?

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   

charles1952

I know it's probably going to be considered an event with historic value, but after thinking about it, I can't imagine why I'd want to listen to it. I'm not a masochist, and I'll just end up suffering because I know the president should be ashamed of what he'll be saying, but he's not mentally fit enough to realize it.

With respect,
Charles1952

I sympathize with you Charles. I argue with myself about watching it. On one hand my blood pressure stays low, I don't feel like I need anger management classes, and I don't come close to cracking my teeth from gritting them so hard while listening to all the lies, the fantasies, and looking into the sinister "knowing" in the eyes.

But it's like a car wreck in a sense... I can NOT... NOT look at it. I wouldn't take my eyes off of a cornered feral animal that has slipped into my house willing to do anything to escape, this is pretty much the same thing IMO. He is steadily painting himself into a corner and most will be watching to see how he handles it, or doesn't. Others are scared to miss it because there is no telling what surprises he may pull out that slap you cold in the face when you wake up in the morning.

A double edged sword.

edit on 1/28/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Mamatus

The extent of my vocabulary? Well at least I can discuss issues without making insults. Richard.....

I just call it like I see it. "Cock" block is quite crude for even the most vitriolic of debate. You couldn't even have the guts to state your insinuation as to "why"...instead you make a veiled comment that "we all know why"....in which I have no idea what you are saying, but my guess is you are referring to some racial point.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Will he be using the Sign Language bloke from Mandella's funeral?

Or are the Deaf having to translate from Boehner's gurning?

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
This is what's going to happen.

(1) Barry will pitch the idea of (soft) dictatorial power as a method to surmount gridlock and "help" the country

(2) The state-run media will shove that agenda down the throats of the gullible masses

(3) People will start demanding Obama assume more unconstitutional power to "fix" the problem.

Standard fare, folks. Hegelian Dialectic hard at work (problem, reaction, solution). The gridlock of government is a manufactured crisis (problem), public dissatisfaction and a call for action is the expected outcome (reaction), dictatorship is the end result TPTB want we the people to embrace (solution).

And once the unwashed masses of this country again swallow this exact same hook--like they have so many times before--America is dead.

There's one path to the NWO. Along the way we need to have a manufactured economic collapse, but only after the american people have ceded all their rights through embracing a dictatorship from on high.

Evil only has a handful of magic tricks in its book... the real shame is, those same tricks keep working.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

ownbestenemy

Mamatus

I just call it like I see it. "Cock" block is quite crude for even the most vitriolic of debate. You couldn't even have the guts to state your insinuation as to "why"...instead you make a veiled comment that "we all know why"....in which I have no idea what you are saying, but my guess is you are referring to some racial point.

Doesn't everyone know that you can't possibly be a lying, arrogant, pain in the arse if you are anything other than lily white??

It's so typical at this point that it almost causes hysterical laughter.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Mamatus

Pay attention to the first 2 years of the Obama administration ?

Congress was a bunch of yes man for the potus.

2010 That changed, because the American people said, 'That dog don't hunt!.'

Must be nice to blame the failures of the current administration on one lowly little house who doesn't get on it's knees for the emperor.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join