White House Adviser Confirms Obama's Obsession with Executive Orders

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Now it becomes clear that Barack H Obama is hell bent on using Executive Orders to further agendas that can't be legislated the normal way.

White House adviser John Podesta made some revelations during an interview on National Public Radio.

He says Obama is all warmed up and ready to click pens to go ahead with climate change and energy plans.

Very dangerous here.

Apparently the frustrations are becoming obsessions.

Obama's evident failures to actually explain these positions with genuine merits indicates he may be delusional.

They seem to be touting recent statements of policy as some kind of efforts to strengthen the middle class yet nothing is really doing that is it?

It must some kind of psy-ops underway?

President Obama has "warmed up" to using executive authority, and when he believes "he has the authority" to "make progress" without action by Congress, he will do it, White House adviser John Podesta told NPR Tuesday morning.

"But he doesn't like to do this, does he?" the NPR host asked Podesta.

"Uh, I think he's warmed up to it," Podesta replied, laughing.

Hmmm.

Podesta: Obama's 'Warmed Up' to Executive Action; Will Use It for 'Climate Change and Energy Transformation Agenda'

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I'm going to call him:

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

When narcissists don't get their way, they start doing all sorts of shenanigans to either destroy their opponents or seek a run around to accomplish what they want.

I can actually see him having a nervous breakdown if this keeps up with people opposing him and his falling popularity in the polls.

He does seem to be getting a bit squirrelly these days.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

We now have an Imperial President. A Prime Minister that can decree based on a whim.

*All Hail Emperor Obama*

(bows in the direction of DC)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Not sure where you get he's drunk with power around Executive Orders...he's warmed up to the idea that he will invoke his executive order around this issue...big whoop...

The Executive Order process will never be changed and at one point or another both parties will benefit from the technicality that is the Executive Order...

and here is a snippet from Forbes

I would have to go back but I'm not sure what the score looks like around who has used the most executive orders while in office...kind of interesting to find this out..
edit on 28-1-2014 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

and here it is two edits later

The average for all twenty presidents is 44 per annum (p.a.), with Democrats averaging 59 p.a. and Republicans averaging 34 p.a. Harry Truman had the highest rate of decree issuance (113 p.a.), while Warren Harding had the lowest rate (just 2 p.a.). So far, Mr. Obama has averaged 37 executive orders p.a., which is below the long-term average of 44 p.a., and lower also than the rate of five GOP presidents – including Gerald Ford (84 p.a.), Dwight Eisenhower (60 p.a.), Richard Nixon (58 p.a.), Ronald Reagan (48 p.a.), and George H.W. Bush (41 p.a.).

link to forbes

And for the record I'm not a fan but lets keep things in perspective..

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
It's going to make him ever so popular especially when he gives the EPA to shut off the power and the grid starts crashing regularly so that we start looking more and more like Venezuela.

I wonder how long people will put up with that? I'll bet there will be a lot of hot air spewed into the streets over that before long.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

beezzer

We now have an Imperial President. A Prime Minister that can decree based on a whim.

*All Hail Emperor Obama*

(bows in the direction of DC)

Sorry, I'm going to have to pull my pants down...

And bow in the opposite direction. LOL

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Just in case if people hadn't noticed ?

American politics is real life Game of Thrones.

Screwing everyone over just to get ahead.

And Obama is the equivelant to the House of Lannister.
edit on 28-1-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   

TDawgRex

When narcissists don't get their way, they start doing all sorts of shenanigans to either destroy their opponents or seek a run around to accomplish what they want.

I can actually see him having a nervous breakdown if this keeps up with people opposing him and his falling popularity in the polls.

He does seem to be getting a bit squirrelly these days.

And we need to remember something else too.

Narcissists will go to great lengths to sacrifice their "own" to further their points and agendas.

People that support these actions need to keep that in mind as this goes forward !! __

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

You can point to worst and most damaging too right?

It's not always the "amount" --- it's all about the impact on the majority of citizens that counts.

Can you summarize the impacts?

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

xuenchen

You can point to worst and most damaging too right?

It's not always the "amount" --- it's all about the impact on the majority of citizens that counts.

Can you summarize the impacts?

I can hit you in the head with a pillow 100 times. It may be annoying, but that'd be it.

Now I can also hit you in the head with a hammer, once.

But 100 times with the pillow is worse, right?

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

From your quoted link...

The average for all twenty presidents is 44 per annum (p.a.),with Democrats averaging 59 p.a. and Republicans averaging 34 p.a

It depends on what the *magic pen* is used for. I can think of no other President who used it consistently to end run around our constitution.

Obama sees our Constitution as nothing more than something that gets in his way. He doesn't like what it stands for, nor does he respect it in any way. He is a megalomaniac using the executive order pen like a sword, hacking and hewing his agenda driven way, through the foundation this Once Great Nation was built on. He is a dangerous man. As he gets backed into a corner, he only sees us, who don't agree with him, as his enemies.

Des

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

My Momma Always use to say........ If you Keep Playing with those Executive Orders Son , you will go Blind !

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

If you can't look back and compare his Executive Order to the others you technically cannot make the argument that his is most damaging..

I will certainly concede if such information is provided

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

chrismarco

If you can't look back and compare his Executive Order to the others you technically cannot make the argument that his is most damaging..

Off the top of your head, name me 3 executive orders from past presidents.

You can't can you. (I can't and I'm a wonk)

The issue at hand, will we not only remember the EO's of Obama, but will we be regretting them?

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   

I am curious.

Have you looked ant the quantity over quality angle?

If G.W. signed three Executive orders saying the White House sprinkler system would be shut off during official visits, two saying the secretary pool would be released at 3 o'clock on Thursdays and one saying all pictures in the Lincoln bedroom should have wooden frames, he signed six orders.

If Obama signed one Executive order halting the deportation of illegal immigrants between the ages of 6 and 35, he only signed one.

The numbers are in Obama's favor, however the effect of the orders are far different.

The examples are silly I know but I was trying to illustrate a point. The idea of an Executive order is to make things flow smoothly. They are NOT supposed to make fundamental changes to policy.

Has another President used them to do so? I know President Obama has.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I'm not asking for information off of the top of my head or yours..simply that the evidence to support such statements should be available if one is to make the argument that he is power hungry with Executive Orders or this one is the most damaging...I really don't care either way...however I like to be informed if I'm discussing this stuff around a water cooler..

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   

beezzer

chrismarco

Off the top of your head, name me 3 executive orders from past presidents.

You can't can you. (I can't and I'm a wonk)

The issue at hand, will we not only remember the EO's of Obama, but will we be regretting them?

Come now, Beezer, you're not exactly lazy. Can't you type in the Archives address and have a browse?
Here, I'll do it for you. Have a gander at Bush's EOs as an example. All 291 of them.

Everyone loves to moan and complain about Obama issuing EOs, but always conveniently forget about past ones. The Chicken Little routine here is getting damn stale.
edit on 1/28/2014 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by 200Plus

I would be in total agreement with your statement...he may have had two Executive Orders but they may trump all the Executive Orders ever signed...but we don't know that yet...what we do know is people don't like this president and sometimes folks embellish the issues to make a point..

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

Thanks, I'm curious...good looks on the link

I would say that under George Bush the Executive Order 13228 is most damaging...Establishing the Office of Homeland Security and the Homeland Security Council

new topics
top topics

<<   2 >>

join