It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life possibly discovered on Mars, right here on ATS

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

WOW, that is some REACH. talk about complete fantasy. Those are rocks. And just because they are not like any you have tripped over (do you think all rocks on all worlds will be the same?) doesnt mean anything.

And found by someone on ATS....I doubt it. Especially as quite a few on here can't find a job, let alone an Alien!!

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   

This a very, very interseting Area! Compare Sol 522

Sol 524

What hell they done to those images?

S&f.

edit on 29-1-2014 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Why does it look like there is a 5 spray painted or something in your second photo? To the right of the tire looking thing down in the shadows. Not at my PC or I would define it, but it's pretty clear.

Your rocks you have pointed out that look different are interesting too. Ugh, I need to go to bed...

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

It's the sun hitting a rock + pixelation

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   

projectbane

WOW, that is some REACH. talk about complete fantasy. Those are rocks. And just because they are not like any you have tripped over (do you think all rocks on all worlds will be the same?) doesnt mean anything.

And found by someone on ATS....I doubt it. Especially as quite a few on here can't find a job, let alone an Alien!!

That's the point of denying ignorance. I may have been ignorant in seeing a little green mars creature with well defined features and just oddly shaped enough to seem other-worldly. And then on the next picture it went missing. Notice the "possible" in the title? If it is a rock then what tricked my eye was that right front "leg" (on our left) which, by shape and color, seemed part of the "body" but may be a reflection on the surface of the rock it seemed to be sitting on. The "leg" is the same bluish-green color, which, if a reflection, tricked the brain even more. So yes, if it's a rock, that was some reach, and is complete fantasy, but a reach and a fantasy based on "just maybe". Which is where the word "possible" comes in, to let more eyes take a look at the thing and show me the error of my ways.

And I didn't say someone, I said myself and funbox. funbox is doing great work on these Mars rocks, and is finding them and pointing them out long before others do. His gifs are tools, as he is a master of the gif (keeper of the zoo), and from those we are able to knock down fools such as I.

Arken

This a very, very interseting Area! Compare Sol 522

Yes, it's a pretty good one, with highly reflective large surfaces. The rock you point at, the one with the large triangle which can be then seen on the second pic with the shadow, has that interesting side with the white lines (Char-Lee picked that one up on the other thread, which funbox then zoomed in on) and is one that future on-Mars explorers can stand besides and pose. And look in the first picture how the little green martian seems to be just laying here looking over the scene, so I hope people can understand how I got "wha?" after first seeing it and then finding out it had gone missing.

And as the days go by, hopefully the Rover will start moving again towards Murray Buttes. Because it's been in this one area for so long NASA must also think that much of it is a very interesting area. Murray Buttes awaits! (maybe that's where the Little Green Martian scurried off to).

edit on 29-1-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Its a diffrent angle. Tha same area as well but its taken from another spot. No conspiracy there.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Blue Shift
On the other hand, the technicians at NASA/JPL aren't looking for the same things we are. They have mission goals in mind, and are going to be much more interested in looking ahead to possible obstructions, recognizable rock formations, and so on. I like the idea of looking for those spoke-like objects, even though they are likely just a curious accumulation of rocks and soil. They may be the easiest to recognize from a distance.

LOOFA SPONGE:

MARS SPONGE:

edit on 28-1-2014 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

Or this,

a current weather oddity in Canada I think with dry snow and wind, only the dynamics are relative .

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Another thread here says the Snow things have occurred in the U.S. states of Penn., Ohio, and Illinois (how did they skip Indiana?), are rare, and need an exact combination of dry air, very cold temps, and wind. But this is snow, not rock. And most of the Spoke-things being found are rocks, or are you saying they're sand (sand from the bottom of Gale Lake maybe?) that has solidified in place X number of years ago?

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Aleister
reply to post by smurfy

Another thread here says the Snow things have occurred in the U.S. states of Penn., Ohio, and Illinois (how did they skip Indiana?), are rare, and need an exact combination of dry air, very cold temps, and wind. But this is snow, not rock. And most of the Spoke-things being found are rocks, or are you saying they're sand (sand from the bottom of Gale Lake maybe?) that has solidified in place X number of years ago?

I would say a deal of those exotic shapes are sand, shaped and moulded and reshaped over a time in much the same way as the snow. But even those exotic formations of rock could have been shaped over millions of years, and the rocks themselves will likely be very brittle and dry and easily weathered, even though the wind has little force on Mars.
The dust devils you see on Mars, must be made up of incredibly fine particles when the Martian wind can pick them up, as the wind force is so light. So wind and a little dew makes for a binding of those small particles into an agregate.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

smurfy
The dust devils you see on Mars, must be made up of incredibly fine particles when the Martian wind can pick them up, as the wind force is so light. So wind and a little dew makes for a binding of those small particles into an agregate.

It's a good theory. Now all you have to do is prove that's what's going on in the photos. Otherwise, it's just a "curiosity."

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Blue Shift

smurfy

It's a good theory. Now all you have to do is prove that's what's going on in the photos. Otherwise, it's just a "curiosity."

Well all the tools are there. A water dew, the wind the fineness of the dust. The wind is significant in that it can create hugh duststorms at times, yet even at cyclone speeds if you were standing there, it would be like a kiss on the cheek, the wind has no force in such a thin atmosphere. That in itself shows you how fine the dust is.
They know now that water existed in abundance millions or billions of years ago, that water did its own share or eroding and carving. In this picture of Burn's cliffs at Endurance crater, they think that the surface effect was an upwelling of groundwater over or into dunes causing compacting of the sand into the outlines you see, so water was around there for a long time.

So another example of shaping and forming, sandcastles if you like. Today Mars is dry, very dry and cold, the rocks themselves Basalt, and Sandstone and more, will be very dry with only a little dew on the surface for a short time. Still, over millenium it is likely to have some weathering effect. where there are sandstone formations the effect could be dramatic, like the 'bluberries' discovered lying about in abundance, they are thought to be, or are formed from Hematite inside the Sandstone, in itself an action of watering and cavity formation in the sandstone, perhaps even disintegrating some of the Sandstone. All sorts of stuff going on, and indicative of what you seen on Mars. Mars in many ways is a bit of a movie for us, it looks similar to Earth but its not the same. I'm not even sure if the time period for ever having life on Mars to now, would even allow for having fossil remains of some kind of life, but if there was some form of life, and from so long ago, the fossils are more likely to be in the rock, not a piece of standing Sandstone that looks just like a Lizard.

edit on 30-1-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

"...looks just like a lizard" you say:

You may be totally right about what has created some of these shapes we are calling Spokes or sponges and such, I'm not enough of a fluid expert to know one way or the other. Just that these spoke things are being seen more and more in the area that the Rover is traveling now, and I don't recall them being reported on and posted before, although the distance between Yellowknife Bay and where the Rover is presently is a very short distance. On the other hand, as I think ArMap said, why aren't they being found near the camera? Some good questions, and some good finds, as the Rover sets its sights on Murray Buttes.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Aleister
reply to post by smurfy

"...looks just like a lizard" you say:

You may be totally right about what has created some of these shapes we are calling Spokes or sponges and such, I'm not enough of a fluid expert to know one way or the other. Just that these spoke things are being seen more and more in the area that the Rover is traveling now, and I don't recall them being reported on and posted before, although the distance between Yellowknife Bay and where the Rover is presently is a very short distance. On the other hand, as I think ArMap said, why aren't they being found near the camera? Some good questions, and some good finds, as the Rover sets its sights on Murray Buttes.

I would totally agree with ArMap, who also has said that NASA's agenda may be a specific agenda, which would not necessarily include looking at rocks that were not on that agenda.
As a caveat, there is a guy, (Rhawn Joseph) currently suing, NASA over the 'jello' rock, (that's the one that NASA has said was redistributed by one of the rover's wheels) and that piece of rock is a growing specimen of Lichen or fungus of some sort, but the argument is the same, those pictures, as we all know are indistinct throughout a period of time. 'The Lizard' picture comes into the same category.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join