It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life possibly discovered on Mars, right here on ATS

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

Here's a portion of the new pic of the area again, the flat section where whatsit? seemed to be lounging around does seem empty, or is it the camera angle and the rock that looks like it has eyes well behind that spot is actually it? I think that rock is shown behind the little guy (see my avatar) in the original pic. That's the only thing that I see in the new Rover pic that could be it.

edit on 28-1-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
This reminds of a quote I heard recently, "If you squint hard enough, things will always begin to resemble what you want to see."

However, if searching through Martian images brings you enjoyment and a sense of fulfillment, then by all means continue, and do not let discouraging comments deter you.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Wait, so the sun actually shines from different direction on mars.

Thats an amazing discovery

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Pistoche

thanks for the tip , ill keep that sage like quote in mind whilst im scouring the images for potential anomalous geometric shapes

might go well on a plack too

inspiredBox

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Mianeye
Wait, so the sun actually shines from different direction on mars.

Thats an amazing discovery

That is likely it, but the area where it seemed to be is empty and flat. The sun may have melted it. If I'm wrong, please prove me wrong, because I actually don't mind being proved wrong - comes with the territory.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

The proof is in the two pic's, two different directions, and two different sun settings.

Now i could go there and take some pic's myself, but then you would have to wait a looong time to see my proof.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Mianeye

The proof is in the two pic's, two different directions, and two different sun settings.

Now i could go there and take some pic's myself, but then you would have to wait a looong time to see my proof.

That's the point, two different directions, and two different sun settings (indicating time has passed since the first picture). But the object in one is possibly missing in the other one. Like one of those "Spot the differences" cartoons. If it were an ordinary looking rock or pebble, no big deal, the perspective would just be off. But this object is striking enough on its own even before it went "missing", or went into a different light which removed all of its recognizable parts. I sometimes have a hard time curbing my enthusiasm, true, and the first object may still be there just under a different light, of course. But I'm not seeing it. Here's the first pic again, because I'll change my avatar at some point. Until then, we can see it in two places at once (which is maybe the point of this thread):

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Phage
reply to post by Indigent

Meerkat?
Marskat?

Deffinlllyyy a Marsssshhhcat, (HIc)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
On the other thread ArtMap and funbox may have shown this to be a trick of light illusion and depth perception. If it is then the "left leg" of the image may be a reflection off the larger rock itself and not a leg (my brain seeing something as it would look like on an earth creature and transferring that to just a light reflection). What may have thrown me off is the blueish green color of the object. But that's not precluding the image being a single image, just that there's another explanation which seems to fit with the distance involved from the "spoke" thing on the flat surface over to the bluegreen guy. Here's the link to the first post in a series:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
On the other hand, the technicians at NASA/JPL aren't looking for the same things we are. They have mission goals in mind, and are going to be much more interested in looking ahead to possible obstructions, recognizable rock formations, and so on. I like the idea of looking for those spoke-like objects, even though they are likely just a curious accumulation of rocks and soil. They may be the easiest to recognize from a distance.

LOOFA SPONGE:

MARS SPONGE:

edit on 28-1-2014 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
It always amazes me the way the mind can "see" things in these Mars photos. I see faces in almost every one I look at, but I know it is just my brain working overtime.

Take for instance this "spirit" I see hiding beside this "barrel" or spoke as it has been called.

I know it isn't really there, but man can I make out ghostly white arms and a face framed in black hair.

I commend everyone of you for scouring through photos and spending countless hours trying to find something. I unfortunately only take the time to view the photos brought to ATS. Keep up the search.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Aleister

1) Where funbox draws arrows after first posting the pic earlier (which I'll link here above) www.abovetopsecret.com...

funbox
reply to post by symptomoftheuniverse

right in the middle almost , slightly left something is giving off a real bright specular highlight looks almost kind of cylindrical domish on top with the suns reflection (disc) diffused but mildly apparent, the whole area looks like it has a fair bit of metal in it , or something that reflect light like metal, wet rock?

Maybe a reflection off a metallic rock, but it seems to have segments below the dome shape. Reminds me of a jelly fish, spider or another animal with multiple legs almost. Not to mention a Sci Fi movie I have seen about beings on the moon attacking astronauts called Apollo18.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

Mars is a trickster. The spirit guy hiding in there that you point out in your post is seen, in one of funbox's gifs, to be two rocks on top of each other:

In the same gif we can see the Little Green Martian sitting up there, clear as day, and then in the next pic it either becomes a rock in the shadows or is just gone. Shadows and light and fleeting glimpses of "there it is!" only to have to search for "where it was".

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Zoom out a bit, and see the real drivers' corpse...

At least his upper torso.

edit on 28-1-2014 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Blue Shift
On the other hand, the technicians at NASA/JPL aren't looking for the same things we are. They have mission goals in mind, and are going to be much more interested in looking ahead to possible obstructions, recognizable rock formations, and so on. I like the idea of looking for those spoke-like objects, even though they are likely just a curious accumulation of rocks and soil. They may be the easiest to recognize from a distance.

LOOFA SPONGE:

MARS SPONGE:

edit on 28-1-2014 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

Good find. Or did we have this one already? Is this a new one you've found, or bringing it over from somewhere else? Spoke creatures, sponges, there are quite a few of these things now, all with the center section with the possible vug and upraised middle, the spokes of various kinds, and a few come with the rim. This one has the rim.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Well now I'm mumbling because I am sucked into this. I have been looking at funbox's gif for about 45 minutes now. I don't know if this makes sense, but it seems like to much volume of whatever the "LGM" is disappears. I mean the creature for lack of better way to put it, is taller on the rock, least that's how it seems to me. So even if it's a different lighting , the rock loses a lot of the bulk or height that the creature has when sitting upon it. Lol did any of that make sense?

Crimmy, almost midnight and I'm looking at LGM sitting on rocks on Mars. Only on ATS, I swear....Mumblin again...

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
And I double post, sorry bout that.
edit on 1/28/14 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   

onehuman
Well now I'm mumbling because I am sucked into this. I have been looking at funbox's gif for about 45 minutes now. I don't know if this makes sense, but it seems like to much volume of whatever the "LGM" is disappears. I mean the creature for lack of better way to put it, is taller on the rock, least that's how it seems to me. So even if it's a different lighting , the rock loses a lot of the bulk or height that the creature has when sitting upon it. Lol did any of that make sense?

Crimmy, almost midnight and I'm looking at LGM sitting on rocks on Mars. Only on ATS, I swear....Mumblin again...

No, I agree. I've put in about the same amount of time looking at the gif. ArtMap points to the rock behind it, and thinks that is it in a different light. But my eyes won't allow my brain to believe it fully. The gif is a very valuable tool here, and the light and shadow makes things which seem one way to be turned into another way. Yet the "LGM" is so fully formed that fitting it into the box of the rock that ArtMap indicates has been hard for me as well.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Oh the quandary eh? Let me ask you, is it that is is too tall to fit that scenario of just being the other rock, or the form? Just curious which part your brain can't fit. I can possibly see the color changing, but....

I am very new to this so I don't know, but is there like a time stamp of when the pictures were taken? That would be helpful on how much could have changed, depending on the timing.
edit on 1/28/14 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

There are times which can tell us when these were taken, I'm not sure of what they are as I don't track the Rover feeds and downloads which are released with any expertise, so I'm not sure which numbers are which concerning the times they were taken. Will get back on that tomorrow (late here too).

For me it's the shape and bulk, the rock that ArtMap shows on the thread where this was found (a very good thread, it's come up with quite a few "discoveries", has wheat and chaff, and, for example, had already posted and illustrated the two objects that Arken's new thread is about well over an hour ahead of Arken finding them) is too different looking. It could just be my brain not perceiving the shape, the different angles, and maybe the bulk of the thing as you mention. I originally posted this thread here from the other thread in order to get more eyes on the thing that a couple of us thought was missing. Well, late here too, and time to seek out creature (comforts).

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join