It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life possibly discovered on Mars, right here on ATS

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Maybe. Let's see if this pans out.

In short, and then the longer version. funbox posted a pic and a search of that pic (number 1 below). I then said to myself and the dogs, "Oh look, a little green Martian" and pointed that out on the catch-all thread of Martian discoveries started by jeep, and posted a zoom-in pic of it. Some posters may have noticed I've been using it as my avatar for a couple of days now, and I kept asking "what kind of rock is this?" is a satirical manner, because I couldn't see any similarities between in and any rock I've tripped over.

Today, funbox put a pic and a post up of a different angle of the Mars rock area, and although the spoke-thing is there, he told me and the thread that "I don't want to alarm you, but the blueit has gone missing". He suggests it may be curled up asleep next to the spoke-thing (where the pic in my present avatar is in shadow). So, without much more ado, have a look at these posts from jeep's thread, and let funbox and myself know what kind of rock it is, for one, and where that rock has wandered off.

Mods, maybe we can let this thread go for a little while (if you don't mind) and then it can be redirected back to jeep's thread, which seems fair and more fun. Thanks.

1) Where funbox draws arrows after first posting the pic earlier (which I'll link here above) www.abovetopsecret.com...

funbox
reply to post by symptomoftheuniverse

right in the middle almost , slightly left something is giving off a real bright specular highlight looks almost kind of cylindrical domish on top with the suns reflection (disc) diffused but mildly apparent, the whole area looks like it has a fair bit of metal in it , or something that reflect light like metal, wet rock?

added for clarity/unclarity

funBox
edit on 25-1-2014 by funbox because: W

edit on 25-1-2014 by funbox because: additional discription under the duress of dingoes(wolves holidaying in cyprus)

Then I glance at the pic and notice the little guy/gal/thingy in the post following that post:

Aleister

funbox
reply to post by symptomoftheuniverse

right in the middle almost , slightly left something is giving off a real bright specular highlight looks almost kind of cylindrical domish on top with the suns reflection (disc) diffused but mildly apparent, the whole area looks like it has a fair bit of metal in it , or something that reflect light like metal, wet rock?

added for clarity/unclarity

funBox
edit on 25-1-2014 by funbox because: W

edit on 25-1-2014 by funbox because: additional discription under the duress of dingoes(wolves holidaying in cyprus)

I don't know about the metal, and I'll curb my enthusiasm this time (Larry David's adventures have taught me well, but the lessons have yet to sink in judging by my past posts on this thread), but isn't that yet another Spoke fossil/creature/rock on top of that one rock, maybe what you guys are calling metal or a wheel (it's just to the right of the leftward most arrow on the pic). These Spoke thingamajigswhatchyamacallits are becoming a dime a dozen up there on Mars. The Rover is practically tripping over them. I'm not going to go all gung-ho and alert everybody and everybody's brother this time. But yeah, looks like another Spoke fossil just laying in the open for all the world (and by world I mean Mars) to see.

The most interesting shiny bit to me is the third arrow, with the rock in question being quite smooth and mirrorlike. I'm surprised and shocked you haven't come up with gifs, ridealongs, and stop-action video on these things. As for the Spoke creature, once again it is too far off to confirm with certainty. Edgar Rice Burroughs and Ray Bradbury are tired of spinning in their graves, and probably are having a beer and watching the action on this one.

edit on 25-1-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-1-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

Then funbox says hello, and sees what he sees well, and then my next post to give the little guy his own photo session (cropped from funbox's photo):

Aleister
reply to post by funbox

Zoomed in on your pic at 400 percent, and what's that green tentacled one-eyed non-flying purple people eater just to the right of the Spoke creature and up a notch. It's just sitting on a rock, apparently without a care in the world (and by world I mean Mars), gazing out at the shiny bits with its one large eye. EDIT a few seconds later - nope, it's got two eyes.

EDIT: Here tis, and what a cutie. Little green martian indeed:

And then, today, when funbox looked at a new image from Red Rover Red Rover let the little blue/green Martian come over, he left this post on the thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

funbox
reply to post by Aleister

I don't want to alarm you to much Aleister but I think the blueit has gone missing , ether that or he's curled up asleep on the wheel thingy

sol[url]

funBox

So, to sum up, please use your zoom and pick around the two pictures, and see if you can find the little guy or the space that it occupied and was photographed by rover and then scampered off again. A logical explanation would be appreciated and looked upon with skepticism. And where funbox is, I must go, so maybe we can continue this on the first thread, where people roam the Martian surface and find things unlucky enough to run from Rover's eye.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
You guys just look too much those rocks

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
If someone on ATS finds life on Mars before it is found by NASA scientists I will eat my shorts. Besides everyone on ATS knows that if life is found on Mars it will be found by Arken first.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigent

ahhh this thread
if you need any further pics Aleister, but, you may want to check back to the potential thread , the little guys sports bag may have been found ;D

funBox

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I'm confused.

I see nothing but rocks, with more blurry rocks and more ....ummm....rocks.

I can probably find some unicorns in there if I look hard enough with a very wild imagination.

Not to be mean or anything, but I just really don't get it.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

you know if there were some little monkeys in mars they would had ransack those rovers by now right?

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
It looks like a cute little (?) creature climbing out of its overturned vehicle

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Think of seeing a unicorn rock in there, and then the unicorn goes missing when the rover moves a little and puts up another pic.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Indigent
You guys just look too much those rocks

Rocks?!

All I see are fossils.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

there cant be , the little window wipers on the cameras are still working , otherwise I would have gone sand blind a while back

funBOx

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Thanks for posting this, Aleister ... I can understand why this ridge/cliff is interesting to some on here. Could be rocks split off along some fractures, but on the other hand I also see a variety of very peculiar shapes on top and down that slope.

Will definitely be watching this thread and will certainly chime in again later on (hoping for some more imagery & perhaps even close-ups of that area in the next days). S&F!

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

hey!!!

15h.) Spamming: You will not Post identical content, or snippets of identical content, to multiple threads in the discussion forums. You will also not create more than one thread for your topic, or create multiple "slightly different" threads for a single topic.

nah just kidding

so the first image looks like greedo and the last one like one of those funny critters?

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Meerkat?
Marskat?

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

snowspirit
It looks like a cute little (?) creature climbing out of its overturned vehicle

I know! I think it's cute too, and it had me at "Hello" in Martian (pronounced "vurbrq3nv"). The odds are against this as being real, but if I were designing a martian that took after a strange looking form of earthlife with two eyes it'd be something like this.

Maybe we should go to jeep's thread again, I'm guilty about stealing some Martian thunder from that one and the fascinating Spoke-creatures BuzzDengue and others have been finding there. Reason I started this one is because this "missing little bluegreen martian" was being missed for the most part there, so wanted to give it a nudge onto the playing field for more eyes to give it a peek.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Arken may have found him for you here!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   

funbox

there cant be , the little window wipers on the cameras are still working , otherwise I would have gone sand blind a while back

funBOx

funbox, can you give some info on the new picture, and where it came from, both on this spam thread and on the real thread? Thanks. And please, illustrate away as only you can.

Phage made a joke! Soon he'll be playing calvinball with us.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Another sensationalist ATS thread topic we can ignore. Life on Mars isn't going to be found by looking at blurry over-zoomed pictures of rocks.

However, if you're simply having fun and engaging your imagination, carry on

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Phage

Meerkat?
Marskat?

If Mars One gets off the ground, they can gather even more funding with another show for the Animal Planet channel.
Marskat Manor.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

wildespace
Another sensationalist ATS thread topic we can ignore. Life on Mars isn't going to be found by looking at blurry over-zoomed pictures of rocks.

However, if you're simply having fun and engaging your imagination, carry on

Ah, you doubter (love the new avatar!). Well, to be serious for a moment, the object in question can be clearly seen from a good distance away originally, and now it isn't there. And it certainly looks, even from a distance, like no other rock I've seen in my travels atop and looking at rocks, which is why I kept asking 'what kind of rock is this?', really wanting to know but kind of knowing that it maybe wasn't a rock.

So, having fun, and engaging imagination too, but with fun comes seriousness (or the other way around).

And I miss funbox, my partner in crime and noncrime, and if there is one chance in a thousand of this being what it insanely appears to be now, the co-discoverer of this thing, and will check into the other thread to find him.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
*one fishy sandwich later*

oooer looks like theres been an explosion in here , anyone want to give a hand scouring the new sol pics for anything geometrically anomalous, out of context in its rocky environment that is. rock hunting is a great way to burn the calories

if you have something unusual that you want to illustrate, I may help explode it for clarity

that's if the concept of deep mind doesn't make my eyes bleed again

funBox

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join