It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My apologies to all ATS

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   
i got a post ban here after 10 posts till i read the rules same thing as you drunk and thought i was being funny then bamb yes ats is moderated pretty tight on somethings but it is way better than the rest of the bunch
edit on 28-1-2014 by 999zxcv because: spelllinggg

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by tinner07

Well I'm glad that ATS gives out warnings like that. I don't think I have gotten any yet, although I might remember one at some point for something, but I'm not very good at learning the rules except for hands-on... I read the T&C but I don't always remember all the details...

But I am very appreciative about the rules here being explicit, the mods give you a clear warning and explain what you do wrong and all, and even why, which is nice

My posts do get moved to more appropriate forums a lot, and I always appreciate it when the mods do that.

edit on 29amWed, 29 Jan 2014 05:05:57 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 05:45 AM
link   

I was warned, banned, and criticized for being a emotional tyrant on my Samantha Koenig thread. Don't take too much offence, it's happened to many. We let are emotions take over us and vomit anger in retaliation. I've had over 20,000 points taken away, I'm on the plus side now

My advice, be sincere and PM the offendees and apologize. I was ashamed to log back in too, in fear of what some say. Dont worry though its a discussion site. We all make dumb comments, human behavior is a SOB.

Good luck and stay out of trouble.

Furthermore: Don't drink and ATS, and if you do... Don't type anything!
edit on 29-1-2014 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-1-2014 by AK907ICECOLD because: Spellibg

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   

tinner07
OK thanks all you guys. At least I know I'm not the only one to drunk post a rant.

admit I AM RACIST AND ISLAMAPHOBIC. I know its not right, but at least I can admit it.

Well ATS should ban you IMO, we've got so much hatred and bigotry on the site.
Why don't you educate yourself, because racism is ignorance and fear.
This site has the motto Deny Ignorance, you are ignorant and should be denied

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by stargatetravels

Have you ever made a mistake and have been forgiven?

Give the OP a break, sure glad your not a MOD!

At least the OP did admit his problem and apologized.

Hold on, got a great pic for that......This is a constant reminder to myself that I, from time to time I need to pull my head out.
With that being said, my dad texted this to me and all my close buddies as a friendly reminder

edit on 29-1-2014 by AK907ICECOLD because: added pic: Too much?

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by AK907ICECOLD

WTF??

The OP doesn't have a terminal illness? They're not an addict or an alcoholic?
They're a bigoted, racism *bleep*
I'm not saying ban them for the original offense, but the fact they've admitted what they are and that they may offend again.
Spewing hatred on the internet is not a right you know?
This is a privately run website and free speech and rights dont exist here.
Many vile racists have been banned in my short time here and hopefully more will be.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by stargatetravels

No, no. If the OP shows consistent racism and and offense to members. Of course a ban should happen.
I'm just saying nobody is perfect. If death was a result to those who break the law worldwide, earth would be very empty i.e.(ATS)

Let's say I hate fat chicks, and half the MODS are fluffy women. I offend them by one post I make. Is ATS justice going to boot me off because of a pre-cognation that I may in fact do it again.

I think your reading into this too much. Let the Mods decide, its not up to us anyways.

Just wait till you get a 30 day ban, it might happen. Would you be deserving of a 2nd chance by Mods?

One more comment to you. Maybe there is some info on ATS that will allow and awake this OP to make a better and more informed judgement call and might change and help the OP to understand other cultures and be less thick-headed, maybe have a drink or two less.

I mean, I have learned after 2 drinks, I 86 myself from ATS for good reasons.

edit on 29-1-2014 by AK907ICECOLD because: Spellijng

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 06:08 AM
link   

tinner07
I AM RACIST AND ISLAMAPHOBIC.

Are you sure? People get definitions mixed up a lot ...

RACIST - a person who believes that a particular race is superior to another.
BIGOTRY - bigoted attitudes; intolerance toward those who hold different opinions from oneself.
PHOBIA - an extreme or irrational fear of or aversion to something.
FEAR - an unpleasant emotion caused by the belief that someone or something is dangerous, likely to cause pain, or a threat.

For someone to be Islamaphobic, that means you have to have an irrational fear of Islam. Is what you are feeling irrational, or is it just normal fear. Normal fear is learned and/or evolutionary survival instinct. Sometimes fear is healthy and keeps people alive. It's different from a phobia.

Example - is it irrational and 'phobic' for the NHL Olympic players to be leaving their families home in the USA and Canada instead of taking them to SOCHI where there have been threats made by Islamic extremists? Or is it a healthy survival fear?

I'm sure people will argue with this, but I'll give you the basic psychology ...
Bigotry is a natural part of tribal evolution. It is a survival mechanism.
So don't feel bad if it comes up in your life. It's going to happen.
We now have the 'smarts' to be able to handle the instinct better.
It just takes some effort.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I would take someones full opinion, rather than someone sugar coating it to get points.

You cant even use them anyway...LOL. What are they for? To show you how wrong you were?

Granted, racisim is not good. So voice your opinion, just dont be racist. Other than that who cares about the points.
I just wish once we could say swear words, once a month.

I think one poster here is right, some mods just look for things to shut down, and they do it A LOT. Thats their trip though.
I wont sugar coat anything, and if you find most of the people are outraged by something you say, thats not racist, then you have done your job!

edit on 29-1-2014 by Tylerdurden1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-1-2014 by Tylerdurden1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by AKICECOLD

Ya, fair enough, we all deserve a 2nd chance, you make some good points.
We may yet convert the OP
I'd still ban the guy but I hear what you're saying LOL

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   

FlyersFan

I'm sure people will argue with this, but I'll give you the basic psychology ...
Bigotry is a natural part of tribal evolution. It is a survival mechanism.
So don't feel bad if it comes up in your life. It's going to happen.
We now have the 'smarts' to be able to handle the instinct better.
It just takes some effort.

Sometimes you type something that makes me want to invent a way to slap you through the screen (hyperbole, obviously). And sometimes you make me want to invent a way to high five you through the screen.

The above is one of the latter. Absolutely true. We shouldn't be ashamed of those "feelings" that pop up inside us. That is our body talking, not our mind. Our mind is able to stifle those feelings down and control the animal we all live within.

I find myself feeling bigotry often. I just refuse to allow myself to act on it, and correct it. I judge books by their covers, at least initially. A brilliant mind dressed like a psycho will still show itself to be brilliant, and i will eventually see that.

Good points.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
OP.. if someone pretends to be a saint and claims they arent prejudiced and all of that.. theyre lying to you and themself. We ALL have prejudices and prejudgements... but apparently a lot of saints on this site too. It is how we are made and there are reasons for having this ability. Some are justified and some are our own constructs. Big whoop.. we're all just human. WE grow and change in time and with more exposures. Some of those exposures confirm your initial feelings and others negate them. You are your own person.. dont give in to groupthink or demands, but dont "believe" something without evidence that satisfies YOU to determine if your belief is correct. We are all on our own journey and that journey is highly individual... thats a fact.

Me? Im an animal that had a dream I was a human. I behave sometimes in a way so I dont get the hose again.. or the ban hammer
Fortunately I understand my interior now... and dont feel ashamed or bad about it a bit. I am me and you are you.Not everyone is made the same... and if you are a racist, thats fine by me. Who am I to "correct" you? Then again, as much as you judge others, they are also judging you. In the end it depends on what YOU want on yoru resume.

I am a brown person and have experienced my fair share of "prejudice and racism". Im telling you, 99% of prejudice is simpy ignorance and NOT racism. Hatred isnt always "hatred". The terms of things have been fiddled with and done this way to bring up feelings of misplaced guilt in people that makes them never LEARN or reach out to gain experiences that may help them grow.

Thats my .02 anyway!

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
We all say & do things we end up regretting. Foot-in-mouth disease is more or less a given if you stay a member long enough. It took you over 3 years to get a mod warning....damn it took me about three days and I don't drink. Some advice, if your a stout beleiver in your opinion...no apologies are needed. Just stop the alcohol fueled rants.

I have a saying, it may help...... (A drunk mans words..are a sober mans thoughts.) Alcohol, ruining lives and making fools since the dawn of time. It also cause's extreme foot-in-mouth disease. Peace OYM1262
edit on 29-1-2014 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

When I got my first warn, I was scared to post for a few days too. That was a long time ago. At that time, it took 5 warns to get someone banned but, they expired after a time and, so long as you didn't accumulate too many at once, you could get away with it.

Now, it seems like the mods look on it on a case by case basis, so don't think you're out of the woods just because you haven't gotten warned recently. I got post banned for a few days for posting naughty pics in the funny pics thread. They were removed as "off topic posts" but, after I pushed the envelope too much they dinged me. It was a good reminder that we need to keep this place clean because there are folks here who aren't quite mature yet and the owners don't want the site to get a bad rep.

One of the best things to remember when posting is to argue with the facts, not the person. If you stick with arguing the facts instead of the person, you can avoid offending anyone. When you attack the person, like calling them stupid, you shut down discussion and turn the discussion into personal attacks. Instead of accusing someone of being stupid, assume that they are misinformed or lack all the information on the subject.

Use this as an opportunity to educate that person with the information you have available and be open to their responses in return. It just may be that YOU are the one who is misinformed or lacks information. Its happened to me a few times, it will probably happen to you.

One other thing to remember is that ATS is a rated G site. If you won't hear the language in a Disney princess movie, it probably isn't acceptable here. Same goes for pics you post. I'm proud to say that I've kept clean for quite a while and haven't inconvenienced the mods by posting anything that they had to remove in quite some time.

Just be civil and argue the facts and you should be fine.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Over a year and a half and you just got your first one?
From my experience you can mess up pretty bad.
Believe me I have. But I have only, always, everytime,
treated the Mods and staff with the highest respect
which is just what they have coming. Didn't have to beg
or whine I just explained myself and acknowledged where
I was wrong. No problem, and I've been in trouble a lot.

But I've also seen members pop off just the least little bit to a
Mod. And bink, GONE wished away to the cornfield forever.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Part of the ATS growing experience.

I don't believe I've ever had a warning. I've had one post wiped as off topic, and been banned from chat for 24 hours once :O

The chat ban was deserved. I broke T&C.

The post - well - I still don't like that poster even under their new moniker - and stand by my statement. Now I simply just don't respond or acknowledge that person along with a few others (I have a list). It keeps me out of trouble. I don't like bullies, and can be quite caustic with them. So, so as not to become what I despise in others - I simply avoid them.

Just take it as a learning experience. We all make mistakes. That's life.

CdT

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   

openyourmind1262
We all say & do things we end up regretting. Foot-in-mouth disease is more or less a given if you stay a member long enough. It took you over 3 years to get a mod warning....damn it took me about three days and I don't drink. Some advice, if your a stout beleiver in your opinion...no apologies are needed. Just stop the alcohol fueled rants.

I have a saying, it may help...... (A drunk mans words..are a sober mans thoughts.) Alcohol, ruining lives and making fools since the dawn of time. It also cause's extreme foot-in-mouth disease. Peace OYM1262
edit on 29-1-2014 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

Well said. That why I have my two drink max per "my" T&C house rule. Sometimes I think out loud, and trust me when I say that it is no good when all is bent out of shape.

Surprising, more people benefit from me when sober.
Go Figure

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   
You seem to have gotten a lot of points for this thread. Conspiracy?!

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   
All this talk of 'points'!

I was under the impression that they were dropped with the new look ATS ?
I think the points deduction thing is a hangover from the days when we had a point score.
( If you look at your stats - no points - anywhere ! )

Don't sweat it, you were called for being an Ass. Learn from it and move forward, simple.

Having said that, I too have come under Mod attention and warnings. I also have had dialogue with
the Mods that have pinged me and have found that they are more than willing - to review and amend where necessary
or let the penalty stand. ( I have even had bulk points and a promise of applause as atonement for wrongful accusation ! )

I have even had a Mod nicely ask me to explain myself on a particular comment. That was nice. No grey areas !!

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
eh, don't feel too bad, I got banned once for putting that cat meme picture up that said..the f*ck is this, the f*ck was that. AND it was censored just like that too. with the little stars. I was told it was inappropriate.

will probably get in trouble for this too..

Rebel

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join