It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Metallic (?) "Cone Head" Device in Curiosity Sol 524, and the mysterious Stones Ring...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   

funbox
reply to post by jaffo

what about a sign saying " kill all humans", or maybe an effigy of a human being being sacrificed , hung or even crucified , would the Malin team get the clone brush out ? alpply a few protective touch ups?

unlikely yes , but things down on this planet are hectic atm , I think the news would be unsettling to certain sects, institutions, religions on earth, probably not the best timing for news of such nature.

funBOx

I disagree completely. Nothing would make things settle down quite like proof of life on another planet. You want a distraction? I'll give you a distraction: ALIENS! I mean seriously, what would be the better way to get everyone looking in one direction at the same time? What would be a better way to launder all sorts of dirty money than ramping up NASA with the full support of America? The "hiding the aliens/photoshopping pics " stuff is just ludicrous. If they wanted to hide things, they just wouldn't show you the pics at all to begin with.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Arken
reply to post by jaffo

WHY would they even show pictures that they had doctored?!

The matter is under the rules of (Inter) National Security.

Please show me the law/rule/treaty/legislation that requires NASA show us one single solitary picture from any of their missions. If it exists, I have no knowledge of it.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by jaffo

I doubt the imams in Iran would agree with you, them little djinns from above would be a sign of the tribulation in their eyes, I reckon

funBox

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

jaffo

Arken
reply to post by jaffo

Please show me the law/rule/treaty/legislation that requires NASA show us one single solitary picture from any of their missions. If it exists, I have no knowledge of it.

Search in internet for the "Space Act" at NASA foundation

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Arken

jaffo

Arken
reply to post by jaffo

I did. There was no immediately visible act forcing NASA to disclose all of their pics to the populace. Since you are the one making the assertion, how about you provide the proof? Thanks.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

jaffo

Arken

jaffo

Arken
reply to post by jaffo

I did. There was no immediately visible act forcing NASA to disclose all of their pics to the populace. Since you are the one making the assertion, how about you provide the proof? Thanks.

Pardon Jaffo. I misunderstood. My bad english.

That is exacly what I meant.
Any Nasa image are under rules of Military and National Security Agencies.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Arken

jaffo

Arken

jaffo

Arken
reply to post by jaffo

Pardon Jaffo. I misunderstood. My bad english.

That is exacly what I meant.
Any Nasa image are under rules of Military and National Security Agencies.

No worries. Are you able to provide the exact legislation or code or the like which states that all NASA images must be publicly disclosed? Because honestly, I do not believe that there is any such requirement. The issue of taxpayers and how their tax dollars are spent and what *must* be disclosed to them is generally a settled issue in terms of legality. An individual taxpayer has no legal standing to determine how his tax dollars are to be spent or as to what specific benefit or action he or she is to receive from said tax dollars or programs funded by same. That being the case, you can I am sure understand my skepticism as to NASA being forced to show all of their pics to the public.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

One other thing I find interesting is in the 3rd photo...To the right of the cone and then down is an odd looking object...Looks like a rod or something, and then everything is in somewhat of a line...

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

jaffo
I genuinely do not for one minute understand why or how anyone could think that NASA deliberately doctors images to hide aliens or whatever. Their whole mission is to explore. NOTHING would get them more cash instantly than showing ANYTHING which would suggest that life exists or existed elsewhere. And for the love of Pete WHY would they even show pictures that they had doctored?! Why not just...you know...NOT SHOW THEM AT ALL?! I mean seriously, where "Deny Ignorance" is supposed to be the motto around here, way too many folks commit to a belief and then simply twist reality to fit their preconceived notions. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the pics and am glad they keep coming, but as to NASA continually photoshopping things? It's just ridiculous.

Ridiculous is an understatement, lol NASA apparently employ 12yr old kids using MS Paint circa Windows 3.1 to do this manipulation it seems, let alone Photoshop.

Its sand.

Also all the posters complaining about the resolutions they use - would you rather they have 20 years of data or 1 week of HD 3D photos before the camera malfunctioned and died? They quite rightly went for robustness, seeing as Mars is rather far away.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

doorhandle

jaffo
I genuinely do not for one minute understand why or how anyone could think that NASA deliberately doctors images to hide aliens or whatever. Their whole mission is to explore. NOTHING would get them more cash instantly than showing ANYTHING which would suggest that life exists or existed elsewhere. And for the love of Pete WHY would they even show pictures that they had doctored?! Why not just...you know...NOT SHOW THEM AT ALL?! I mean seriously, where "Deny Ignorance" is supposed to be the motto around here, way too many folks commit to a belief and then simply twist reality to fit their preconceived notions. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the pics and am glad they keep coming, but as to NASA continually photoshopping things? It's just ridiculous.

Ridiculous is an understatement, lol NASA apparently employ 12yr old kids using MS Paint circa Windows 3.1 to do this manipulation it seems, let alone Photoshop.

Its sand.

Also all the posters complaining about the resolutions they use - would you rather they have 20 years of data or 1 week of HD 3D photos before the camera malfunctioned and died? They quite rightly went for robustness, seeing as Mars is rather far away.

^ This. +1

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jaffo

What kind of bandwidth do they get to mars? Maybe their is a reason they aren't all super HD? Roughly half the speed of a dial up modem. Keep that in mind.
edit on 30-1-2014 by Vaedur because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Arken

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Looks like someone lost his head...

GTD

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
That object looks to me like a plastic bottle. Either NASA got hacked or they filmed this somwhere on earth, maybe during rover testing... Picture has to be out of context.
Edit: NOT out of context!&&NOT testing!!! See source here:
edit on 30-1-2014 by g1a1m1e1s because: (no reason given)

Similar looking PET bottle
edit on 30-1-2014 by g1a1m1e1s because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

They are easily startled but they'll soon be back, and in greater numbers.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join