It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Metallic (?) "Cone Head" Device in Curiosity Sol 524, and the mysterious Stones Ring...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by LABTECH767

Correct but the temperature on mars is so cold that water vapour would be most unlikely though not impossible and the clouds are most likely carbon dioxide though most cloud's on mars are actually dust as mars despite the tenuous atmosphere can raise some pretty ferocious dust storm's as we know.
No. They are cirrus clouds. Water ice.
www.jpl.nasa.gov...

Yes, it takes higher relative humidity to produce the clouds on Mars. But the atmosphere of Mars is so slight that it does not take as much water vapor to produce that level of relative humidity. The upper atmosphere of Mars has higher humidity than does that of Earth. sci.esa.int...

It has alway's interested me though if any water clouds formed then it would indicate that the temperature sometimes climbed high enough for enough evaporation to occur
Surface temperatures at the equator reach the upper 20s C. But due to the low atmospheric pressure, exposed liquid water would evaporate (boil, actually) very quickly and water ice sublimates without melting. There is water vapor in the Martian atmosphere. Mostly in the upper atmosphere.

There is a glaring anomoly every one, nearly double the humidity (though localized vortex and atmospheric compression may explain) on a frozen world.
Why is it an anomaly? Water evaporates at low temperatures under very low pressures.
www.sv.vt.edu...

edit on 1/28/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

It looks like we are never going to get the truth from nasa,cut their mars funding i say. I would rather have 1 ultra definition pic than the 1000s pointless blurs they release. What is the point? Oh i forgot they use the same old cameras because thats what they are used to working with -yeah right.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Phage
reply to post by Bilk22

Those aren't clouds. That is the slope of Sharp in the background.
photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov...

But Mars has clouds. Why do you think it doesn't? Not all the time, but it happens.
media3.washingtonpost.com...
www.redorbit.com...
edit on 1/28/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)
Aren't clouds formed from water evaporating from the surface? Does Mars indeed have liquid water that evaporates and forms clouds?

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   

symptomoftheuniverse
reply to post by Arken

It looks like we are never going to get the truth from nasa,cut their mars funding i say. I would rather have 1 ultra definition pic than the 1000s pointless blurs they release. What is the point? Oh i forgot they use the same old cameras because thats what they are used to working with -yeah right.

Excellent irony, my friend.
This is exactly what they want we think...

But is NOT.

This is THE MAN who HIDE THE SECRETS OF NASA IMAGES: MIKE MALIN and his infamous MALIN SPACE SCIENCE SYSTEM.
This is the "Overlord" that rules all the images of all the Space Missions....
MALIN SPACE CENTER CAMERAS

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Arken
reply to post by jeep3r

As I said, Photoshop work at full power at Mike Malin's hut, recently....

From Sol 515

Another FAKE Dune like the "wooden leg "of my uncle!

When looking into HiRISE imagery of that area, could this be the 'dune' we're seeing in the above images?

Apart from that, the seemingly circular stone ring and the first image surely piqued my interest!

NASA/JPL Image Link

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Something don't match....!!! It's not the sun position, but Totally different "ROCKS".
TAMPERING.....

Compare: Sol 524

And Sol 522

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Arken
Something don't match....!!! It's not the sun position, but Totally different "ROCKS".
TAMPERING.....

Compare: Sol 524

And Sol 522

It's the same rocks but from different perspectives, the above image is newer, showing the same rock (your first pic in the OP) more from the left-front side. You can see the same change of perspective in the "wheely" thing on top of that cliff. Between Sol 522 and 524 Curiosity moved a few feet to the south and west.

With that said, I still think the whole scene looks rather strange ... close-ups would be necessary to draw any further conclusions about these peculiar looking "rocks".

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   
more

out

of

focus

pics

from

NASA/NSA

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

You would have to forgive me on that point phage as I am not an atmospheric expert of any kind (though i have had my fun in elevator's) but to my way of thinking at the lower density the relative volume of atmospheric gas to water vapour would be to my mind odd then again it is a different planet with different conditons. so maybe the point I made was in error still I find it fascinating now I have read about it.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Nah...most of it has been automated since around 2000...still, must be a nightmare when the software goes tits up.

Impressive find OP, nice one...another evening taken care of for me i think.

The 'cone head' statue remains or whatever it is could be quite large, as it looks to be a far way off. Maybe as big as 20 or 30 feet maybe?

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

Don't know the exact dimensions but that "thing" is Big, 5 or 6 meters maybe.
edit on 29-1-2014 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

The shadow from the object on the second pic seems consistent with the triangular end facing the camera in the earlier picture. And the very highly reflective smooth surface on the earlier pic is turned in the second one, thus out of sight, and we see what the other side of it looks like. Both sides are interesting, and quite different from each other.

edit on 29-1-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Do you noticed the sun reflection on the "nose"?

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Man... That fake dune is really frustrating to me... WTF is it hiding?!? I want to know... Grrr... And to hide it under such an obvious fake dune... It's like they're just thumbing their noses at us...

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Phage
reply to post by Bilk22

Those aren't clouds. That is the slope of Sharp in the background.
photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov...

Hmm, er Phage, ain't that Gale's south western crater rim (that Bilk refers to) and not Mount Sharp?

Blister

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Hey great stuff .. I also had my visor on that area and was busy building the evidence yesterday . But couldn't come to closure . So I did this thread today with my points of interest. . Lol

I also found the objects that you found And more.

So if you don't mind ill back you up a little my martian friend. .

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

Always appreciate your contribution.
Glad to see you again.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I genuinely do not for one minute understand why or how anyone could think that NASA deliberately doctors images to hide aliens or whatever. Their whole mission is to explore. NOTHING would get them more cash instantly than showing ANYTHING which would suggest that life exists or existed elsewhere. And for the love of Pete WHY would they even show pictures that they had doctored?! Why not just...you know...NOT SHOW THEM AT ALL?! I mean seriously, where "Deny Ignorance" is supposed to be the motto around here, way too many folks commit to a belief and then simply twist reality to fit their preconceived notions. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the pics and am glad they keep coming, but as to NASA continually photoshopping things? It's just ridiculous.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by jaffo

WHY would they even show pictures that they had doctored?!

The matter is under the rules of (Inter) National Security.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by jaffo

what about a sign saying " kill all humans", or maybe an effigy of a human being being sacrificed , hung or even crucified , would the Malin team get the clone brush out ? alpply a few protective touch ups?

unlikely yes , but things down on this planet are hectic atm , I think the news would be unsettling to certain sects, institutions, religions on earth, probably not the best timing for news of such nature.

funBOx

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join