It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Phillip K. Dick disclose the real Matrix in 1977?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
The great man himself at a sci-fi convention in Metz France in 1977.
This subject is totally out of my thought zone but i thought others here at ATS would find this video interesting

www.youtube.com...

ARRRRRRR i cant get video up for some reason, can someone please help?
Thanks in advance.....
edit on 28/1/14 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Here mate

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Maybe this one works:

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Perhaps you can add some information, even though you say you are not that familiar with this, as to why you think ATS would find it interesting? Some may not be able to see the video, adding detail would help out. Just trying to help the thread.

To note that if I remember correctly this is just a segment of a longer recording of his talk at Metz France Sci Fi convention for anyone further interested. IMO no shocker he would define this, due to his visions.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ProdigalSonofa

Oh man.. you made me want to watch the movie, I was sad that the clip had to end :/

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SecretKnowledge

Dang.

I wish he would have specified why he was on sodium pentothal.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Im currently reading short stories by this guy. Pretty neat actually.
Ubik was ok IMO. But his short stories are awesome.
The last of the master, The turning wheel, we can remember it for you wholesale. Oh and The hanging man!

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by iRoyalty

Here is a stream,

www.primewire.ag... UubmV0&loggedin=0

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ProdigalSonofa

Site blocked, and I would love to watch it all but I am at work haha

Thank you anyway though

I have the full extended trilogy at home, I am a MASSIVE matrix fan. I've even seen the short story anime ones, most of which feature previous matrix's... so good!
edit on 28-1-2014 by iRoyalty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by iRoyalty

Your welcome.

Massive fan here too, of the first movie anyway. Man did that movie have an impact on me.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   

After much research about the mans life and the reading of a ton of his books I am convinced that PKD was either clairvoyant or a real life prophet. Completely convinced.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 04:34 AM
link   

AS GOOD AS IT GETS. Thanks for posting.

Man, what can you say about PKD? Mr. Horselover Fat? He exists at the space where sci-fi writer and prophet meet. I can't even write about him, because sentences starting with "he was..." seem inappropriate, given this feeling I have of him looking down on me from a parallel universe in his minds eye, looking at me as a character in one of his stories writing these words. There's not a lot of writers that expand your sense of reality like that.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by payta

You should read Valis.
It covers so many subjects including the matrix, time, mental illness, Thoth, religion and so, so much more
A total mind # but completely mind blowing.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I have loved his books since a kid but seeing him in the flesh and listening to him did say to me - well, I think I prefer him in print.

I am not sure quite what he was getting at. Whagt I do know is the occult idea that we think up our reality and I am still wondering how much our thoughts, accumulated together could influence our future. Sheldrake said as much when talking about his morphic resonance theory, which I noticed he adapted after the interviewer clearly got her knickers in a twist over what he was saying.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Like i said in my OP, this subject is not for me. But i would love to know why he took the sodium penthanol. Truth serum i believe. He mentions it early in the video.
i havnt read any of his books, i dont know much about the man.
This is a short extract from a longer video i believe. i would like to see the rest of it

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   

loveguy

Dang.

I wish he would have specified why he was on sodium pentothal.

Maybe the same reason he loved to take a c i d and funny fungi.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I could go for that...he looks like Dave Icke. Funny... if you transpose the d from Dave you get Dicke-- Phil Dick

new topics

top topics

join