It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Queen going broke?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
All the figures don't include security, police protection, etc, which will run into many millions annually. There are undoubtedly other hidden expenses we don't see. Not to mention the cost of keeping the Commonwealth going ... hold on, what am I saying! We'd have to give up on those cushty tax havens for the mega-rich Brits.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by madmac5150

Ha! Ha! Youre joking right? $500 million HERSELF...and the family own $10 BILLION in real estate alone, ''not counting $5 BILLION MORE adding Buckingham Palace.

c/o Forbes Magazine

"Queen Elizabeth, 85, has an estimated personal net worth of $500 million that comes from property holdings including Balmoral Castle in the Scottish Highlands, stud farms, a fruit farm and marine land throughout the U.K.; extensive art and fine jewelry; and one of the world’s largest stamp collections built by her grandfather.

Not included are those assets belonging to the Crown Estate, which she gets to enjoy as Queen, such as $10 billion worth of real estate, Buckingham Palace (estimated to be worth another $5 billion), the Royal Art collection, and unmarked swans on stretches of the Thames."
Forbes

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
If I remember correctly, the seas up to 12 miles offshore are crown property. Nice little earner with all those offshore windfarms being built and bringing in property taxes / rental! Then there are all the stockholdings too, which also make up a large wedge. Not to mention all the land and property owned across the UK and elsewhere.

The idea that old Liz is going broke is laughable and this is nothing more than a media distraction. She doesn't need ANY money from the "public purse" and I don't care how much it costs us all individually, they are all rich enough to stand on their own. If they don't want to engage in all the pomp and ceremony anymore, then great, and if they do then they should pay for it all themselves. Never happen though as long as we have all these social climbers, politicians, civil servants and other parasites all clamouring for a gong from the honours list every year.

Lets face it, they don't give a damn about the country or it's people and would sacrifice us all to maintain their own privileged existence!

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Shes probably got a few trinkets she can post to cash4gold

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Don't forget Canada's contribution to the monarchy. That contribution is higher than even the Brits.

Queen costs us more than the Brits pay
Over the past 10 years, the Canadian cost of supporting the monarchy has more than doubled

Canada's contribution $1.53 per person/Britain's contribution $1.32 per person

Mclean's article here

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
So that is all adding up to a MINIMUM of $10 BILLION in property, plus $5 BILLION for just Buckingham Palace, plus everything else...plus the Queens personal worth of $500 MILLION.

I bet she doesnt know about Costco or the $.99 cent stores....

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
If I had to choose between chipping in taxes to cover one royal family or all the able-bodied, able-minded people who live on benefits because they are more or less content to do that ... I'd pick to support on royal family.

*Note: I am not talking about the ones who genuinely can't do or need some temporary help to get back on their feet.

So, I guess c'mon over here Queen Mother June and Princess Honey Booboo ...

edit on 28-1-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

mysterioustranger
So that is all adding up to a MINIMUM of $10 BILLION in property, plus $5 BILLION for just Buckingham Palace, plus everything else...plus the Queens personal worth of $500 MILLION.

I bet she doesnt know about Costco or the $.99 cent stores....

You would think that, with all of that accumulated wealth, the monarchy wouldn't need that 53 pence per citizen... plus whatever Can, NZ, AUS etc. pay the crown...

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by madmac5150

Yep...and Im sure with all that....she doesnt buy no-name brands to save money.

Just think! What if...the aristocracy kept a little for themselves...and gave all the rest to the nation, every man, woman and child?

Never happen...

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Is the Queen going broke?
Nope.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I'm sure she could raise some funds on the 100+ Billion pounds of land she owns. Times are hard for one

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I have to say, thank god for the queen, with the bozo psychopathic politicians with narcissistic Personality Disorders that we have in Canada (They make Putin look like Mandela) at least she's the last sober line of defence.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by brice

LOL, then you were screwed before she was even born.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
She's the richest woman in the world, owns much of the land, uranium and oil deposits. So, nope.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join