It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snowden exclusive Interview with German ARD (26.01.2014)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Good evening ATS!

It's a little weird to me that this hasn't been posted on ATS yet (or I just didn't find it...?)
Whistleblower Edward Snowden recently (on Sunday, 26.01.2014) spoke about his disclosures on US mass surveillance and his life to NDR journalist Seipel in Moscow in a conspiratorial meeting. Generally worth watching.

What was interesting (besides his replies to assumptions about his motives and integrity) and once more created a stir here is: Snowden confirmed that the US is indeed guilty of industrial espionage against German firms, which means that Obama outright lied in his own interview with German ARD (war on terror my ass).

English Transcript

Original video on ndr.de
edit on 28-1-2014 by ColCurious because: fixed URL

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ColCurious

Thanks for the post, on behalf of those of us who missed this interview...............
It certainly appears that we are all in the same situation....and that the intrusion of governments into our daily affairs has become egregious world wide.
I believe the revolution is coming, and the worst government abuses of the people will be the catalyst for it....
To this is say rave on Mr. Snowden....and all those who come forward to tell it like it REALLY is..........
Humanity needs you, and we are grateful for your service.............
God Bless you ALL.................

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
"Not available for view in your country"

Hmmm, well played US govt, well played indeed...

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by iamhobo

iamhobo
"Not available for view in your country"

Hmmm, well played US govt, well played indeed...

Oh, no wonder the video hasn't been posted then... is there any way I can help with this?
Can you watch the embedded version on ndr.de or access the transcript?
(URL: www.ndr.de/ratgeber/netzwelt/snowden271.html)
edit on 28-1-2014 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

To assume governments / business don't commit industrial espionage is naïve to say the least.

To assume only the US does that is even more naïve.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Xcathdra

To assume governments / business don't commit industrial espionage is naïve to say the least.

To assume only the US does that is even more naïve.

Maybe you're right. Maybe believing in an honest US-German friendship was naive.
To naive Germans like me it's ironic that the US - who reproved us twice in our history for upholing surveillance states - are now doing exactly the same themselves, with a surveillance apparatus many times over what the Gestapo or the Stasi ever were.
Believing the US stood for freedom and for what is just in the world was probably naive aswell.

edit on 28-1-2014 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Apparently there is already a thread about Snowden's interview: here (posted on Jan 27th, by CIAGypsy).

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   

smurfy
I found this,

View it for as long as it may last,

This one seems to work outside of Germany. Thanks to Smurfy!

edit on 30-1-2014 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

top topics

join