It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas GOP: A Corpse is an Incubator!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Last night 27th January 2014 was the Republican candidates for Lt Governor debate.

It was the usual nonsense, but if you want to waste an hour of your life here it is..

The first question, perhaps unsurprisingly, was about the Marlise Munoz case.

She was the woman who was pronounced dead after being found unconscious on the floor by her Husband on 26th November 2013. Due to her being 14 weeks pregnant John Peter Smith Hospital in Fort Worth had her hooked up to machines which kept her body functioning even though the fetus had been starved of oxygen for some time and was not considered "viable". The Hospital Claimed that Texas law says life-sustaining treatment cannot be withdrawn from a pregnant patient, regardless of her end-of-life wishes.

On Friday 24th January 2014, Judge R.H. Wallace Jr, determined the machines should be turned off.

This was done on Sunday 26th January 2014.

Without hesitation, every candidate at the debate claimed the Judge's decision was wrong.

Is keeping the organs of a Corpse working, against the wishes of Mrs Munoz and her Family, the Texas GOP idea of small Government?

Is this really the beliefs of the Right Wing in Texas?

This Thread is NOT about abortion. The statements of these (I use the term loosely) Gentlemen go far beyond that.

Texas family grieves after brain-dead pregnant woman is taken off life support

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
As with many things in Texas, the religious right often has a hand in our laws. Sometimes it works, and sometimes (as in the Munoz case) it does not. This is very much an "old testament" state. We fuss over fetuses and are over-zealous with the death penalty. We still have "dry" counties in which all alcohol sales are illegal, and even the smallest towns of less than 2000 people often have at least 5 churches.

The Lt. Gov's race is one in which they are all pandering to the religious conservatives, which is kind of pathetic, but predictable. The definition of a nonviable fetus is one which cannot survive outside the womb. Therefore, both the mother and the baby were being kept alive by machines. The judge's decision was correct.

Although Texas is often over-the-top with its conservative standpoint, especially in the rural areas, there is an old fashioned way about this place which makes me feel safer than I would in a more liberal area. So I deal with the occasional ideological idiocy that is due to the right-to-lifers.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by BritofTexas

Is keeping the organs of a Corpse working, against the wishes of Mrs Munoz and her Family, the Texas GOP idea of small Government?

I don't know about small government, but it is definitely government by the small-minded.

All 4 of those simpletons should be disqualified from running for office. Even the hospital finally admitted that the unborn fetus was not viable. With that bit of knowledge, what is the reasoning for keeping a dead woman & her dead fetus on life support? It makes zero sense.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
great comments and as bass-ackwards as this state politics can be, I would never consider leaving!!

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Well, at least MOST of these guys admit that the woman was legally dead. Not sure, but it seems that, at least one of these men, want to change the wording of law so that they could have kept the life support in place. Even though this isn't about abortion, these guys didn't get that memo.

Troy Newman of "Operation Rescue" didn't accept the claim that Munoz was even dead, he claims that she was merely "disabled"!

Operation Rescue's Troy Newman rushed out with a burning statement condemning the order (h/t to The Sheeping of America) saying that Marlise was only disabled. Well, hours after the plug was finally pulled, Newman doubled down.

It is despicable that dehumanizing and deceptive language was used to refer to Marlise as a “corpse” and her baby’s condition as “incompatible with life” in order to elicit public support for putting them to death.
A human being does not lose their God-given human beauty or dignity just because they are disabled or incapacitated. This case just goes to show how far we have slipped into the abyss of a Culture of Death and how intolerant we have become of those who are seen as “inconvenient.”

No, Mr Newman, Marlise was more than "disabled", she was DEAD!

edit on 28-1-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Well you know what they say; "Everything is bigger in Texas!" That old saying holds true for our resident hypocrites too.

They go on and on about how they want government our of our lives, all the while they're continuously promoting laws that do nothing but intrude into our personal lives.

The really weird part is, their constituents are too blind and ignorant to realize that it's their own party who is doing it to them.

What did Harry Truman say? "How long are you going to keep getting hit over the head with a bat before you turn to see who's doing it?" (or something like that.)

F&S for the OP!

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Cant vote for any of them. Sorry guys.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

TXRabbit
great comments and as bass-ackwards as this state politics can be, I would never consider leaving!!

I agree and I would probably be considered a right wing conservative, but my standpoint on the situation is clear. This woman had a right to rest in peace and the child wasnt viable. This was a horrible horrible event for the family....

The fact that there was even debate on what should have been done to me was horrifying.....

These guys are clearly not in touch with the rest of the conservative Texans, at least none that I know of and none that I have talked to...

All agreed with the judge on this one, let the woman and her unborn child rest in peace and give the family the chance to honor them

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

TXRabbit

I agree and I would probably be considered a right wing conservative, but my standpoint on the situation is clear. This woman had a right to rest in peace and the child wasnt viable. This was a horrible horrible event for the family....

The fact that there was even debate on what should have been done to me was horrifying.....

These guys are clearly not in touch with the rest of the conservative Texans, at least none that I know of and none that I have talked to...

All agreed with the judge on this one, let the woman and her unborn child rest in peace and give the family the chance to honor them

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

The GOP will fight tooth and nail to keep this brain dead baby alive but when it's born, they will bitch and moan about it having to be on assistance.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
It's only a matter of time before Texas turns blue....once that happens Republicans can kiss goodbye to the white house

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

HandyDandy

The GOP will fight tooth and nail to keep this brain dead baby alive but when it's born, they will bitch and moan about it having to be on assistance.

An abrasive comment for sure, but quite accurate.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Isn't it strange how the right pushes for smaller government, less interference, etc., yet they really wish they could dictate various aspects of a person's life. The truth of their belief system is not advertised in full, because then some of their supporters might wake up to the fact they're being played. That truth is that the right wants less government interference when it comes to their profit margins. They don't want anyone interfering with them making money. But in all other aspects, such as in this case, they would love for the government, but only if that government is represented by their party, to step in and say "do this," or "don't do that."

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
This is what them wanting a small government is about? wow.. talking about controlling a person's life.

This is worse than the government itself,,, its a mob law, mob rules and mob mentality!

top topics

join