It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Bankers kill themselves in London!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Another thought is since last week was bonus week, both JPMorgan and Deutsche Bank are trending 5 and 4 percent down on bonuses. Source: www.businessinsider.com...

Many folks I grew up with work on Wall Street, and if Facebook is any indicator, their vacations this year have been paltry compared to years past (I'm talking Rome vs. Miami Beach, Las Vegas vs. Atlantic City). So it could possibly be that these bankers didn't get the money they thought was due to them, overextended themselves financially throughout the year, and saw death as the only option. I know my friends *live* for bonus week, it's like a drug. And if they don't get their 'hit'... well, you know the story.

Just a thought...

edit on 28-1-2014 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   

crazyewok

flammadraco
staffed by many of the world's sharpest minds,

I hate to disagree........

Prior to going into the banking sector these guys do have to prove themselves as the competition for these jobs is huge. Not saying that being "Sharp" is anyway condoning what the banking industry has done to the world, but I can almost guarantee these banks don't just let the average Joe have a job!

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Maybe they thought it was better to kill themselves rather than wait for the citizens to do it. Because I predict, in a few more months, London's streets are going to be lined with banker's heads on sticks.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
What do I call 2 dead bankers?

A good start!

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Could we stay on top of this please, something is heading our way pretty soon, the astronomical chances of two bankers committing suicide on the same day are zilch.

Lets not forget the Matt Drudge tweet.

And this :
Russian Bank Halts All Cash Withdrawals
www.zerohedge.com...

and lets not forget china said It halted cash also, this was proven to be a hoax, even I bought into the "its a hoax" however given the volatile situation, one has to wonder.

And both members of key banks in this mess.
The state of the union tonight...

And for some symbolism, January 30 is the second supermoon...

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

The deceased was pronounced dead just after 8AM, and was found on the London building's 8th floor? That makes no sense. How does one jump off a building and end up on the 8th floor?

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   

he results highlight a sharp divide in sentiment between the buyside and sellside five years on from the financial crisis.

Nearly 58% of respondents who work in investment banking – in advisory, capital markets or sales and trading roles – are considering leaving the industry given the scrutiny it faces, falling pay levels and the amount of time their jobs consumed.

A quarter of investment banking respondents said they either did not enjoy their job or hated it. Just 9% of respondents from the buyside felt the same way.

The survey received 366 responses from workers at banks, asset managers, professional services firms, hedge funds, private equity firms and regulatory bodies. It was conducted online among visitors to Financial News’ website in July and August this year. While the sample size is limited, the survey’s findings and feedback from Financial News’ readers is corroborated by industry experts.

www.efinancialnews.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   

TKDRL
reply to post by Jason88

The deceased was pronounced dead just after 8AM, and was found on the London building's 8th floor? That makes no sense. How does one jump off a building and end up on the 8th floor?

Was on the 9th floor I believe and if you look at the picture of the building, it comes out from the 9th floor down, so the chap landed on the roof of this part of the building!

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

TKDRL
reply to post by Jason88

Split level building.
edit on 28-1-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

www.nydailynews.com...
edit on 28-1-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by TKDRL

From my understanding, he jumped from the 33rd floor and landed on the 8th floor landing where we was left exposed for all to see for 2 hours before they got to him. Source (I know, I know it's the Daily Mail): www.dailymail.co.uk...

link   
reply to post by flammadraco

Makes less sense if you where planning to commit suicide,no?

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Yeah, I am a dumbass, I was thinking the same building. Apparently jumped from a much taller building, and landed on a tiny one. My mistake.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

MessageforAll

Makes less sense if you where planning to commit suicide,no?

Sorry, what was you comment in reference to?

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Nvm, brainfart... Now seeing the picture posted by TKDRL I get it

edit on thAmerica/Chicago128000000k2014 by MessageforAll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by MessageforAll

OK

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

You are a bad Wok at times - such naughty sentiments about such nice people.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Lets hope it starts a trend. Although I will say that something might be up with an impending stock crash or perhaps something as simple as some real arrests coming down the pipe. Although I would guess this much less likely than anything else.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Being as one was a former banker, I cannot help but wonder if these guys were perhaps threatening to talk......maybe their conscience got to them and they wanted to warn people about what's coming, but instead were silenced.

I know, it's a small chance, being as most bankers seem to lack a conscience, but maybe, due to the scale of the collapse, they thought of warning people in advance because they felt guilty.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Maybe they were being blackmailed...we will never know the truth anyway

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Yes Mam! i got the same impression meself......
These suicides are the results of a massive last ditch coverup thats underweigh right now......
The liquidity crunch is coming down on us ................the results of too much debt stacked on top of the money we use every day.....
They have siphoned off all the good that the QE attempted to produce......(if that was the intention)
The massive shearing of the sheep is almost over and the slaughter is about to begin........

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join