It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HOT or COLD? That is the question!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 04:56 AM
link   
With all the strange weather happening around the world, I was just curious about something...while many have made choices to put themselves where they live, others had no option. I guess my question would be more directed towards those with no choice, but still it pertains to all that want to contribute.

Where would you rather be right now? You have only 2 choices where this is concerned. I have 2 specific temperature's I will offer. What I would like is a choice between the 2 temperatures and a reason why you would choose one over the other. This does not specify a location of any type and it is not about preferred destinations...just temperature.

So, choosing to be in Alaska or Bermuda is not what I am after. Recently, I read an article about the magnetic pole reversal and the possible ramifications from such a reversal and I have been wondering...if such a thing occurred how would it effect the weather where we are at the moment it happens.

The temperature changes daily from minute to minute, sometimes rather drastically, one moment you could be sitting in -40 and the next moment +120. That is quite drastic I realize, but if you could choose which one to be in for a prolonged period of time; which one would you choose? -40 or +120 degrees and why?

Both would offer vastly different experiences from prolonged exposure. Obviously, you can imagine how one way would feel, either way, I am fairly certain the human body would not survive in any prolonged exposure to cold or heat to this extreme.

I would have a difficult time choosing, but for me I guess the cold would be the way to go. I would prefer trying to stay warm than trying to stay cool. Can you see the irony?

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by soulpowertothendegree

I, without hesitation or a moments doubt, would choose minus forty degrees over any temperature above eighteen degrees Celsius, absolutely hands down. I hate being hot. I am not even a big fan of being warm. I like being cold, it wakes me up and gets me motivated. Being hot is like being hungover constantly for me. I find myself quite unable to give a flying crap about getting on with things, and feeling sticky and messy with sweat without having moved a muscle is disgusting.

I do not mind sweating, but I would much rather earn my sweat through work, rather than the thermonuclear violence of a hot day in summer.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   

celcius of farenheight ?

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Celsius please

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   

ignorant_ape

celcius of farenheight ?

120C? maybe when the sun goes supernova

56.7C is the record on earth recorded on USA in 1913, pesky global warming not getting hotter than the records

edit on 28-1-2014 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I would have to go with the +120.
I can handle the heat pretty well. There are also many ways to keep cool. I also think it would be cheaper. (Since I have already spent 1600.00 on fuel oil, and it is only January)

I have never been able to handle the cold for very long. And once I get cold, it seems to take forever to warm up.

I live in the wrong state, but 8-9 months out of the year it is awesome here.
edit on 28-1-2014 by chiefsmom because: sp

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I would definitely take the hot. Don't know if it has something to do with my slightly higher than average body temp. but I can handle heat very well. The cold, not so much. Yet here I am in Michigan freezing my butt off lol.

I can handle cold temps ok, proper clothing and lots of layers but sustained -40 temps....no thank you

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by tinner07

LOL Yep, this state sucks right now, and makes the question easier to answer.

Especially since we ran out of fuel oil sometime last night!! Hubby had to make the diesel run at 3 am.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I would go with the heat. I tolerate heat much better than cold.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
HOT! No ifs-and--or--butts! Im fed up with this canadian bs vortex crap..or what ever they are calling it this week..it is 2F here right now..my power bill last month was 449.00 this month again 500 bucks..how can I pay that???? This sucks..cold sucks..Im moving...in june..because I have had enough!

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I'm acclimatised to northern aussie so hot would be my preference. I can't operate efficiently when cold.

Bally

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I used to live in Coral Gables Florida (Miami), and was raised here in Michigan. In Miami it got to the point of did I want to wait for the yearly Hurricane Season EVERY year to potentially lose everything I have, possessions and all or not? Was it worth it?

OR...I could come back to Michigan and wait for the potential of yearly WINTER and maybe ICE STORMS and keep all I owned and just be inconvenienced by temporary power outages?

So...Im here bundled up in the Great White North...with everything I own...still.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I'll take the cold. You can burn wood in the wood stove, drink tea, soups, bundle up with blankets, and the dogs.
A weather rated jacket, boots, and gloves for outside, and your good to go.

When it's too hot, you can strip down naked and still be too hot. So hot that sleep is impossible, and you just feel sick.
I would imagine 24 hour air conditioning would get expensive too.

The worst thing about permanent cold, is you cannot grow food without doing it artificially.

new topics

top topics

join