It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NATO Ukraine

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

iskander683

NATO is never going to attack Russia or China. Simple.
edit on 28/1/2014 by iskander683 because: (no reason given)

If the global economic system were to collapse.

If the USA/UK alliance were to be attacked, blindsided without warning and can no longer respond/deter nuclear weapons (EMP).

How long would it take for the power/economic vacuum created as a result of these events, before NATO and Russia/China are forced into combat.

With Mutually Assured Destruction (MAD), no longer "mutual"... and the winner of the war being the culture which will forge the future civilization/economy in their image. Who will "push the red button first".

...and the army of the horsemen were 200,000,000 (only one alliance is capable of this size army.... China/Russia). When they are loosed, they slay 1/3rd of mankind (over 2 billion).

God Bless,

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Panic2k11

If you read the posts properly, I think you'll find that it was the OP who mentioned NATO attacking Russia and China, not me. I was just replying.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Countries that have enough nukes to destroy another country don't fight each other directly. They sell their conventional weapons to puppet countries and let them fight it out. Take the Iran Iraq war, us and soviet equipment fighting it out. Both Israel wars, Vietnam and so on. When the Middle East countries all have them thats panic time. Mostly because of unstable governments that can lose control of their armies.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

ElohimJD

iskander683

If the USA/UK alliance were to be attacked, blindsided without warning and can no longer respond/deter nuclear weapons (EMP).

How long would it take for the power/economic vacuum created as a result of these events, before NATO and Russia/China are forced into combat.

With Mutually Assured Destruction (MAD), no longer "mutual"... and the winner of the war being the culture which will forge the future civilization/economy in their image. Who will "push the red button first".

...and the army of the horsemen were 200,000,000 (only one alliance is capable of this size army.... China/Russia). When they are loosed, they slay 1/3rd of mankind (over 2 billion).

God Bless,

I say again, NATO will not attack Russia or China. I never said that Russia or China wouldn't attack a NATO country. A slight but important difference although if it came to it, I suspect that the impact on the world economy as well as the potential for mass casualties would be a deterrent to conflict.

At least I hope it would.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Neither China nor Russia can transport those afore mentioned hordes,They have a lot of low tech equipment ( we just clearly demonstrated what good it is to try to fight a technically and militarily superior force with superior numbers aka Desert Storm) The huge armies are DEFENSIVE right now.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

cosmicexplorer
reply to post by Alternative4u

This may be sad to say but eventually something has to happen. I prefer this something to be in my lifetime so I can witness and accurately record what I see for as long as possible. The mentality we have will never gradually change...it will to be something violent. I hope that I am part of this change.

Yes I think your right, I see things the same way.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Alternative4u

"Yes I think your right, I see things the same way."

Please don't take this the wrong way. But lets put it this way, if indeed a full scale nuclear exchange happens within our lifetime you better hope that you die in the first couple of seconds because the aftermath will not exactly be a picnic for anybody!

Certainly not something you would wish to witness and then write about, not that there would be many of us left to read your account!

Have you never seen Threads? I highly recommend you watch this if you have the time.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 28-1-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

ElohimJD

iskander683

God Bless,

Thats what the subs are for! If the US was attacked or the UK and they were unable to respond.. then the subs
would not receive their orders not to fire..which they listen for every hour.
That's how the subs work... if they hear nothing they fire.

Russian and China would still be destroyed.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Yes indeed our subs would wipe the floor with Russia and China easily, but at what cost?

The U.K would be a totally annihilated, and i mean totally, with only a hand full of warheads! And most of mainland Europe, and the continental U.S.A would glow in the dark for the next few hundred years!

On the flip side no more debt I suppose!

edit on 28-1-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   

ElohimJD

iskander683

God Bless,

You might as well say what if every American had a heart attack at the same instant and died. It's more likely than what you suggest. It's 100% impossible to render America unable to retaliate. There are nuclear armed subs all over that will launch. Not to mention we can track incoming missiles and launch before they land. It's really quite a stupid idea.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

We, little american people, are really sick and tired of fighting - with our young sons and daughters- a made-up "war" for the banksters and the politicians and their greedy industrial/military complex - Look at the alciada in Syria - watch where the war-monger mccain shows up at -

We will not do it - we will not give up our children for these sick people anymore -

Look at what they've done to our country - the politicians on both sides - dems and repubs -

We realize that they have destroyed our country - we know they are giving guns to the cartels in mexico, and every other despost in the world -

America is going down - and we are not going to fight the bankster/politicians wars anymore - they can go down with us -----

And that's for NATO? too -

the Ukraine should not have to deal with the EU/bankster debt either -----

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

That's nice and all but has nothing to do with the topic. OP is making crap up and fearmongering. My post was simply saying NATO isn't attacking and Russia/China aren't because America would wipe the floor with both of them, let alone all of NATO combined.

The OP was the one who was for war saying Russia and China need to attack now, not me, why are you replying to me with that post?

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   
True, it is not 1960.
And it is not so simple as an ethnic or religious issue. This country has been almost an integral part of modern Russia - it was the most industrialized, European part of the USSR. As far as I understand, there is far less difference in language and religion than between Serbia and Croatia (most Croats are Catholic and they write Latin script, while Serbs are Orthodox and write in Cyrillic). Ukrainians all write Cyrillic (though there are a few differences such as the letter i), and the majority is Orthodox. In other words, Russians and Ukrainians understand each other's language and have been deeply interconnected all through modern times (though there are dark episodes such as the Holodomor famine). Or think Austria and Germany.
Even some ethnic Russians support the opposition, which is not only about rockets or neo-Fascists.

In the wake of the Chernobyl disaster, which devastated Ukraine the most, anti-Soviet national resistance alliances gained in power (Rukh for example). That is partly why the retired Gorbachev could say in one late interview that one of the catalysts of the fall of USSR was Chernobyl. (Another factor is that he grossly mishandled the situation and millions were disillusioned with his more liberal Soviet variety.) However, the emerging Putin-style power seems to reassert the old Empire dreams, adopted by the USSR as well, and they want more control.

No doubt that nation is tempted by anti-Russian forces such as NATO rockets - if one looks at the map, Russian fears seem to be justified that all these rockets encircling Russia (e.g. in Poland) are not really targeting Iran, or protecting the EU, they are targeting Russia just in case. And as things stand with corruption and mafiosi, it would be long before (if ever) that Ukraine will be part of the EU.

I think protests are not primarily for rockets or for an actual EU membership - it is more like masses of people simply do not want the same repression as they had in Soviet times, for various reasons. They would prefer to be on a more equal footing.
They would prefer more democracy and openness than the re-emerging Eastern empire would allow them to have.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Well, this is kinda interesting:

Some events seem to be 'helped' to unfold...I'm sure there are interesting times ahead...

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Ukraine joining the EU would have been disastrous for the people as they'd then be added to the rest of the EU countries sharing the huge debt burden and money-go-round of bailouts, borrowing and austerity.
I have no doubt that there were also many military strings attached to the deal, including NATO states military access and bases. What we are being spoon fed by the media is, as always, not the full picture and I personally feel the government did the right thing in accepting the Russian deals instead.

I am also sure there are, as always, the usual "NGO's" at work stirring things up and if they can't have the EU deal, then they'll settle for a full blown western backed civil war to get what they want. It's a tried and tested model after all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join