It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Racist card" and "Religious card" in Politics. Let's stop and WAKE UP!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I think it's time I start a thread devoted to this.. Some here on ATS may know me as being pretty passionate about this stuff. I have had more than one heated debate here about this very thing. I think many people are not clear on where exactly the passion comes from.

With that said, i figured that I might as well put this out there. I have also done so in FB as I have posted threads on there before that I am passionate about. I don't expect too many responses there because the average "mainstream" person is just not so much in tune with it unfortunately.

Ok, here's the deal.

My take on using the "race card" in politics is very similar to my view on using the "religion card" in politics. NEITHER one belongs in politics because both are used as shameless tools to push a politically driven agenda. If you just can't help yourself and feel that you must inject one or the other into politics then at least don't be a damn hypocrite about it and walk around with your nose in the air projecting double-standards etc while not practicing what you preach. (I don't think it's possible IMO, just leave them OUT of politics!) IF you can't achieve this then history will one day show that you are indeed the true idiot in our society that will eternally hold us back.

I will now give a couple examples of what I'm talking about.

#1. If you are a "Christian" Republican/Conservative and feel your views must be injected into American politics then stop being hypocrites by supporting mindless wars your dear republican neo-cons for "God" always push for (Iraq/Afghanistan/Iran/Syria/ etc etc etc) while at the same time rejecting the golden rule Christ spoke of. Yeah, I won't forget when "Crazy Uncle Ron" mentioned the golden rule (common sense, treat others the way you want to be treated) and you all booed him during the republican debates for it. So I guess the neo-con leaders are more important than the words of Christ huh? KNOCK IT OFF, you're putting too much stock in your buddies in politics and less on the one you preach about everyday which makes you hypocrites. War isn't the only example either, you know what the others are. If you're going to love thy neighbor then just DO IT, but it's not your place to judge ANYONE, the bible says so, mmmkay? Stop using religion as a tool push your political agendas. More importantly, stop buying into the mainstream BS selling points on Fox news etc.

Related video - Love this guy!

#2 Democrats/Liberals - STOP accusing others of being racist every time someone disagrees with policies and actions of the current president who happens to be black. STOP towing the line of MSNBC etc who can't seem to ever stop bringing racism up EVERY day to push the liberal agenda. I find it weird how liberals seem to be the ONLY ones to ever bring up racism, it just_won't_go_away. If you truly believe every single republican,neo-con,tea-partier,conservative,libertarian and otherwise is racist for not agreeing with the direction president Obama is taking us in or maybe they didn't agree with him in the first place and didn't vote for him...then perhaps you should also consider all the white,black,brown,yellow and green liberals/democrats who voted a president into office twice SOLEY due to the color of his skin ALONE then try to say that isn't racist. I say take the race card out completely because you are showing your hypocrisy and shooting yourselves, along with your party in the foot. STOP using race as a tool push your political agendas. More importantly, stop buying into the mainstream BS selling points on MSNBC etc (yeah, NPR too, we should all know that agenda although it seemed sneaky at first).

Related video - Love this guy!

These things are important to understand because they are so stupid and distracting that NO-ONE is talking about the REAL issues anymore. I am convinced the two parties are the same, and ran by the same core group of people. They both have the SAME agenda minus the issues that control us like the above 2 examples. America is being scammed, WAKE UP. Just take a look at Bush/Obama. Bush signed things into law that Obama just chose to extend or make worse and we all sucked it up like little ignorant bitches. (like the patriot act etc)

How about we talk about the economy and how the elite who control the federal reserve which continually print so much money at will that the dollar won't be worth anything soon? They are driving this nation to the brink of financial collapse and we're all sitting here with our thumbs up our asses while they rape us. Or we can talk about how WWIII isn't too far away DUE to the assholes at the very top destroying this economy which drives most of the world and their economies as well.
What about the NSA spying or NDAA, does anyone even know what those are? Benghazi? Fast and Furious? How about the IRS scandal? Should we hate Snowden for exposing a corrupt govt like the bought and paid for mainstream news wants us to think? ANYONE?

So should we just let the president and all the people involved in scandal after scandal off the hook cause we're distracted by bull# and are afraid to be labeled racists if we speak up about it? What about executive orders signed during the holidays nobody talks about that take away our freedoms more and more while you all bicker about racism and religion? I could go on and on. It's too bad most people don't know these things, but the apathy here is strong.

If the masses don't start getting smart to this soon we are DONE, our kids and grand-kids are SCREWED. If we don't get smart soon, then we the people deserve every single thing coming to us. That's all.

ETA- If you want to know more of my thoughts on this which delve deeper into the corruption side of things, please see my thread below (which is also in my sig but subject to change at any time).

My Political Rabbit Hole, Why I Won't Vote Obama OR Romney..Left or Right EVER Again.
edit on 28-1-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 04:47 AM
link   
You will see the racist card played in almost every single thread about illegal imigration. Illegal is not a race! I was once accused of being racist against brown people. I married a portugeuse man with a year round suntan. LOL

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I agree 110%, wookie.

Unfortunately most people need someone to blame. They don't have the courage to look in the mirror and stop there. They must have an entity, a religion, or a race to pass the blame onto. Never themselves for being ignorant. Never themselves for being moronic. Never themselves for not having the courage to think/research on their own. Instead, they blindly follow the hatred someone else has conveyed upon them at some point in time, never to do their own research to see it's all a sham and we are all in this together.

The owners need conflict. They need division. These are just more tools at their disposal that they gladly use to defeat any type of unity between mankind. They know that if we all stood up to unify against their cause of power and domination, they would soon perish...

That video with Morgan Freeman is priceless. He is spot on.
How do we stop anything from existing? Stop talking about it!
We are all human.

edit on 28-1-2014 by havok because: clarity

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I don't think its the mexicans people have to worry about.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

The cards you're referring too are far too easy a tool to silence opposition. There's almost no defense towards it. Which is why they'll never go away. Don't agree with me? Then you must be a racist. Oppose my views? You're obviously antisemitic (or other). It's an argument of a weak minded individual who know they can't logically debate their stance or views.

But I hear ya OP. It'd be nice if maturity would rule debates instead of using easy cop outs to make a point.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
The reason these card are used is because there are actually those people that do commit these, tho they maybe minority, they do influence others big time, now bring in the media to exaggerate this one instance and bam!, a epidemic of blame game.

This leads to things like invading other countries, attacking a certain skin colour, attacking certain sexual orientation etc etc.

Heck, i even see people on ATS jump the bandwagon, and there are some who start threads just to vent out those influence and attract people with similar minds to their threads.

Otherwise we all will be a happy little family.

Racism and Religious fanatics are not going to go away. The best we can do is, not take everything that is mentioned as fact and generalize an entire section.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   

It's an argument of a weak minded individual who know they can't logically debate their stance or views.
reply to post by Auricom

Everytime I hear some one spout those cards, the above is usually what I tell them. Then I challenge them to come up with something more concrete and rational. They never can and always storm off in a huff.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   

#1. If you are a "Christian" Republican/Conservative and feel your views must be injected into American politics then stop being hypocrites by supporting mindless wars your dear republican neo-cons for "God" always push for (Iraq/Afghanistan/Iran/Syria/ etc etc etc)

Yeah well that is poor attempt at demagoguery of the right simple fact.

Libya, and Syria, and when someone invoked Gods name at the death killing bin laden.

Wasn't the Republican/conservative who did that that was a Democrat/Liberal.

The only people who have problems with the so called 'religious' right are the people of the religious left trying to kill God, and replace it with the holy trinity of Government,.

Why yes the 'church' has no rights to preach morality.

Only Government does.

edit on 28-1-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   

These things are important to understand because they are so stupid and distracting that NO-ONE is talking about the REAL issues anymore. I am convinced the two parties are the same, and ran by the same core group of people. They both have the SAME agenda minus the issues that control us like the above 2 examples. America is being scammed, WAKE UP

FOR THE M'F-ing WIN!!

Great line. Divide and conquer

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I think both the racist and religious card play needs to be stopped immediately. We live in a multicultural world and no ones race or religion should ever be put forward as a means to score points, grab some special benefit or worse avoid any form of criticism.

Its time everyone was treated equally so prima donnas or squawkers please - you're too booring and predictable now - Go Away.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

neo96

#1. If you are a "Christian" Republican/Conservative and feel your views must be injected into American politics then stop being hypocrites by supporting mindless wars your dear republican neo-cons for "God" always push for (Iraq/Afghanistan/Iran/Syria/ etc etc etc)

Yeah well that is poor attempt at demagoguery of the right simple fact.

Libya, and Syria, and when someone invoked Gods name at the death killing bin laden.

Wasn't the Republican/conservative who did that that was a Democrat/Liberal.

The only people who have problems with the so called 'religious' right are the people of the religious left trying to kill God, and replace it with the holy trinity of Government,.

Why yes the 'church' has no rights to preach morality.

Only Government does.

MCcain was very much involved in Syria, he's been foaming at the mouth on that one for some time now and still is.. I didn't mention Libya specifically cause that was mostly on the French and Obama went along with it..The point is, go to any mainstream church and listen to the preachers tow the line on all our wars and watch "God" being constantly injected in the equation of go USA! God is used as a tool (not a lesson on morality) to sell people the agenda of the right, and it's wrong, and it shouldn't happen.

Yes, the left does seem to be hell-bent on picking fights with Christians lately and yes the hate for Christians by that side is evident these days, not arguing that. Religion will never go away, it will always be here in one form or another and no attempts at squashing it will work, in fact in all probability it it will just make religion stronger.

With that said, using it as a political tool is morally wrong. No-where in the bible does it say you must be a republican to enter the kingdom of heaven, but that's the way it's sold.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

MCcain was very much involved in Syria, h

Wasn't the only one. The potus, the secretary of defense*(John Kerry), and them people clinging to their guns, and religion in the middle east in places like Saudia Arabia,Kuwait, and others.

And yet the American 'religious right' is the problem ?

Blah.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The people on the right who are religious are not necessarily the problem. BUT, the people on the right who use religion as a political tool are part of the problem indeed. It distracts and takes away the desire by society to really start dealing with the real issues both parties have been guilty of passing along and refining over and over. I've illustrated that both "cards" should be taken out of politics for this reason, it's really just a lesson in common sense.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Dude, I agree with you whole heartily, it is absurd. Unfortunately it is going to continue and we are going to get a new label to call dissenters of political agendas. If Hilllary decides to run for President and especially if she wins, expect the word "misogynist" to be thrown around constantly in rebuttal to anyone who disagrees with her agenda.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

Yep, I agree with you on the Hillary thing. Instead of the race card, we're going to be accused of not liking women and not supporting equal rights for women etc etc if we don't vote for her or agree with her horrible policies. *sigh* It's not going to end unless people get smarter about it.. "TPTB" can carry this on for a long long time if we let them..

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Hi.

You forgot the ever-popular homophobe card. You cant have an opinion on sexual preference apparently without being a homophobe.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
The one I like is when you take a position and everyone knows what that you are Christian, so even though your argument has nothing to do with religion and you haven't mentioned it at all - In other words, you haven't once said (God said so, or the Bible says) - someone jumps in and throws the religion card at you.

People do the same with the race card, but it's much easier to sling around because you can accuse someone of simply "thinking" racist.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

Yeah it definitely goes both ways on either side of the fence. It's happened to me as well, and it's always like "I get it! You hate talking about God, now let me make my point on the FED". I guess we forget that people of all walks of life are extremely judgmental, not just badly behaved "Christians".

On another note..Religious people often put politics above their religion, which is why we always hear the saying that it's the main reason for wars and death etc. I imagine God has done many many face-palms while watching people use his name to fulfill political desires resulting in many human deaths.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
The "race card" and "religious card" will continue to be played because there are still plenty of racists and holier than thou Religious people posting on ATS. Try as they might to hide the fact that they are racists or demagogues; they invariably give themselves away with their ignorant racist and demagoguery comments, rants and stupid BS. Denying to be a racist doesn't make it so....

If you don't want to be called out on your prejudices; try being a little more tolerant and tame your hateful rhetoric.
edit on 28-1-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join