It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tesla's device, the size of a blender, puts out more electricity than the Four Corner Power Complex

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Question, are you opening this up for debate or are you saying that it doesn't match your logic?

And what do you know of a MHD drive?
edit on 29-1-2014 by FreedomCommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Guyfriday

Excuse me about that, I just have a hard time with people who call stuff that works in the unorthodox sector a waste of time.

The design of that system is as follows.

Simple, anyone can build it. The output with 2 modules is enough to make a LED bright. However, have over 200 modules, you can power a house.

Imagine how many modules it would take along with plates or coils to grant everyone independance. Is that not what we all want? Or do we all wish to be forever enslaved?

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   

FreedomCommander
However, have over 200 modules, you can power a house.

The claims just get sillier and sillier.... No, you could not power a house (unless you are talking about a few leds in a doll's house....

Imagine how many modules it would take along with plates or coils to grant everyone independance.

Just where do you think the energy to power it comes from....

puts out more electricity than the Four Corner Power Complex

Still waiting for you to show proof of that claim.... remember, Four Corners Generating Station puts out 2 Gigawatts!
edit on 29-1-2014 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   

FreedomCommander
reply to post by Bedlam

Question, are you opening this up for debate or are you saying that it doesn't match your logic?

And what do you know of a MHD drive?

Which part? It not only doesn't match my logic, it doesn't match my experience.

I know quite a bit. MHD propulsion and generation both. You can sort of use one as a mass separator, too, that was a big research thing years ago for recycling trash into raw elements.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   

FreedomCommander
reply to post by Guyfriday

Excuse me about that, I just have a hard time with people who call stuff that works in the unorthodox sector a waste of time.

The design of that system is as follows.

Simple, anyone can build it. The output with 2 modules is enough to make a LED bright. However, have over 200 modules, you can power a house.

Imagine how many modules it would take along with plates or coils to grant everyone independance. Is that not what we all want? Or do we all wish to be forever enslaved?

Well, it's a pair of little AC voltage doublers. It's rectifying radio noise. It might give you a blink now and then, but unless you're next door to a big AM transmitter, you're not likely to "make an LED bright". IF you had enough radio noise, you could get 50mA per module. So with 200 modules, you could get a whopping 10A at about 2 Volts. Not quite enough to power a house, I'm afraid. Worse, the thing is powered by emitted power from some nearby radio source, so it's not like it's making power magically for free.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Just for fun I calculated how many receivers I'd need to get any real power.

Printable antenna harvest ambient energy.

I had to guess at the cost of the printable antennae because they weren't commercialized yet, but they do something along those lines, collect ambient EM radiation and convert it to small amounts of electricity. I figured I'd never be able to power a house for free because of capital costs of making these by the millions and wiring them all together.

I noticed your power estimate is a lot more generous than mine, which was based on the source article saying they are currently getting microwatts per antenna, and have an idea how to get to one milliwatt, and eventually, possibly to 50 milliwatts. Since the antennae in that source are printable, it's at least conceivable they could be made somewhat economically in large numbers.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Arbitrageur
I noticed your power estimate is a lot more generous than mine...

I was going by the rated current on the diodes. If you were next door to XERX in its heyday, you might have hit that.
edit on 30-1-2014 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Bedlam

Well, it's a pair of little AC voltage doublers. It's rectifying radio noise. It might give you a blink now and then, but unless you're next door to a big AM transmitter, you're not likely to "make an LED bright". IF you had enough radio noise, you could get 50mA per module. So with 200 modules, you could get a whopping 10A at about 2 Volts. Not quite enough to power a house, I'm afraid. Worse, the thing is powered by emitted power from some nearby radio source, so it's not like it's making power magically for free.

A theory I heard was that oscillations in the solar wind bounces the ionosphere back and forth and with something like this (cue the Teslanatics) you could extract a bit of juice, as a heterodox "solar power".

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 03:38 AM
link   

mbkennel

A theory I heard was that oscillations in the solar wind bounces the ionosphere back and forth and with something like this (cue the Teslanatics) you could extract a bit of juice, as a heterodox "solar power".

here is a much better explanation of how it works...

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce

$750,000,000? I guess I need the economy version, without the reciprocating dingle-arm.

Bedlam
I was going by the rated current on the diodes. If you were next door to XERX in its heyday, you might have hit that.
Unfortunately all the major transmitters are about 20 or more miles from me, so I've got slim pickings. In fact I'm not sure how many people want to live next door to a huge transmitter, and they don't seem to like living near high voltage power lines either. But yeah, as you said, living next door to one of those monsters would make a difference.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

mbkennel

Well, I guess there is sporadic geomagnetic flutter, you get it with thunderstorms and with sunup and sundown, and with any big external influence like a grb. I suppose with enough turns you could get some really small amounts of power, but I don't think there is a whole lot of fluctuation in the geomagnetic field all the time.

It would be great if it were that easy, I suppose.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

I forgot to mention the heigth.

30 Feet off the ground.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mbkennel

Not unless you want to tap into the Van Alen Radiation belt. From what I've learned, that if a person was sent in there for let's say, a day, their bones will loose mass but harden, and muscles will retain their mass but able to do more work.

Imagine if scienctist today can recreate that. Which they already did, as a black box project.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Ok, now we are getting somewhere.

I perfectly understand your position, sir. And you can have every right to say that it might not work.

But now, here comes the question. How does it help people? How does it help people think up new ideas for future generations?

If you say it can't work, that's ok, it can't work and no one will buy it. We're stagnant, stuck in the mindset that "what we see is what we get."

Ok, MHD. I know of it, however, it opens something else. I need to ask you has it ever been implemented in to the use of a vehicle?

I need to declare this. I'm here to help people, not hinder. Those who hinder are just showing that they are enemies of progress or are indirectly showing Dishonest Arrogance.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Complication so no one touches it.

Half the words, I understood. The rest was junk.

It doesn't help humanity if some long list of words are used and don't build a engine from plans that may never work.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomCommander

From what I've learned, that if a person was sent in there for let's say, a day, their bones will loose mass but harden, and muscles will retain their mass but able to do more work.

I think you're talking about the Thing. He's not real you know.
static3.wikia.nocookie.net...

If you stay in the Van Allen belts too long you will die.
edit on 1/31/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

It's a fact sir. I do not stick to fiction of any sort, clouds the judgement on a lot of things.

And your right, stay too long in the radiation belt, and your bones with their awesome strength but diminutive size, they will break, hence, the person will die.

However, what was your time period?

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   

It's a fact sir. I do not stick to fiction of any sort, clouds the judgement on a lot of things.

Then perhaps you could provide a source for your fact. That is, unless it was Marvel Comics or your own head.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Just some light reading, if you'll please. Just this time.

[url=http://books.google.com/books?id=ySsNiCPUPecC&pg=PA285&lpg=PA285&dq=joseph+cater+van+allen+radiation+belt&source=bl&ots=u0R_l0GeaC&sig=gIoRnOhrja rcNIiQ-Sq3peTvyEA&hl=en&sa=X&ei=anzsUrLCNIKHogSm1YCICg&ved=0CCUQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=joseph%20cater%20van%20allen%20radiation%20belt&f=false]Source[/url ]

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Phage

From what I've learned, that if a person was sent in there for let's say, a day, their bones will loose mass but harden, and muscles will retain their mass but able to do more work.

I think you're talking about the Thing. He's not real you know.
static3.wikia.nocookie.net...

If you stay in the Van Allen belts too long you will die.

I hear there is a SERIOUS lack of O² in that neighborhood... probably wouldn't last long at all...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join