It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Barack Obama Lost His Mojo.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

You only got the racial answer from black people? I got it from white ones as well. "If we vote for him, it'll be so historic and prove we're not racist ..."

*facepalm*

Seriously? Did you just not hear what came out of your mouth? How does it prove you're not racist if your only reason to vote for him is race?

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

She can't do one thing to you but you allowed the media to convince you she was the wrost thing since the inception of the devil.

It didn't take the lame stream media to convince people of that all it took was Palin opening her mouth. Nothing happened to Palin that didn't happen to the other candidates. Nice pic though a whining loser with quite possibly the worst president America ever had.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

Well I guess that was mostly due to the white people not being so damn zealous about their support for the man. I mean, the black people I spoke to would adorn their cubicles with all sorts of pictures of the man, talk about him constantly, and proclaim how this was all history in the making. The white people just kind of appeared to be suckered into the "Hope and Change" rhetoric after being exhausted from 8 years of Bush. Not to say that there weren't white people voting for him because of some sort of white guilt they were feeling, it just wasn't as prevalent as it was from the black community. Of course this is all personal experience, so take it how you wish.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

So, are you saying the USA is better off with Obama than they would have been w/ McCain-Palin?

Notice I didn't include Biden........

Maybe.... but... I can rest assured that up towards 100 million American wouldn't be without Health Care. (the other 90 million start losing their insurance real soon-when the Employee mandate is re-enacted.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

McCain-Palin?

Nope, we would just be involved in 3rd war with Iran or some other country. Killing more people etc.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

That is impossible to say as in we have no idea how they would have reacted to the situations in Syria or Libya. For all we know even if they wanted war, the public could still have stood up and said no and they would have been forced to back down. To say that a war definitely would have occurred if Obama wasn't elected is foolish. Even worse is that if that had happened, there would be people saying that if Obama HAD been elected, we'd be in a fascist nazi state. Of course we know this isn't true because we know what would happen if Obama had been elected. Extrapolating the worst possible events that could happen under a presidency if the president is elected is dumb, it's not like if they were elected they'd be able to circumvent Congress or the will of the people. To be honest, what would most likely have happened if they were elected, is that we'd be in pretty much the same situation we are in now with just some different legislations circling around.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

lostbook

xuenchen

lostbook
I am disappointed in Obama also but I do have to say that I believe his hands are tied by a force behind the scenes.

Could be.

But why hasn't he blamed them yet?

If you could change things, how would you do them differently from Obama?

The opposite would be just fine.

Think of the progress.

I'm not an Obama lover, I try to see things objectively. All politiciAns are sleezy but some people talk as if Obama is the only corrupt politician out there. He was just the lesser of two evils in both elections. Things have gone to pot and no one politician can fix it.
I'm sure this was your sentiments before, during and after the election in '08 Now that his true self is there for everyone to see, including his most ardent supporters, well "no one politician can fix it".

edit on 28-1-2014 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-1-2014 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

Common Good

Sounds to me that you voted with your emotions instead of your brain.

Um.. maybe you should read first before judging. I'm a Canadian, so i didn't vote.

If i was voting, even with awareness, i still would have voted for Obama as the lessor of two evils, on both occasions.

Also, when you try to share openly, you shouldn't be whipped with your own confession, provided it's not about a terrible sin worthy of condemnation, so your contemptuousness isn't really well founded.

There's an old saying that says

When you commiserate with your neighbor, if he is kind hearted he will thank you, but if he is hard hearted, he will scorn you.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Kangaruex4Ewe

It's all in the eyes. She's scary. Much more so than Obama could ever dream of.
edit on 1/27/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

I know quite a few people who worked around her in the 90s and she would do ANYTHING for the chance to do as you suggest in your post. She wants to rule and invoke true wrath on all that might have crossed her path in the past. She is the big league in this area.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Xtrozero

Kangaruex4Ewe

I know quite a few people who worked around her in the 90s and she would do ANYTHING for the chance to do as you suggest in your post. She wants to rule and invoke true wrath on all that might have crossed her path in the past. She is the big league in this area.

It's good and creepy to know that I wasn't completely off base. The look in a person's eyes usually will tell you all you need to know about them in my experience. I have learned to pay attention to it.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
You guys are going to kill me for my apparent hypocrisy here, but i will explain in due course, so please reserve final judgement.

Or maybe my problem is that i'm not a complete cynic, but i doubt you'd ever be able to persuade me to think otherwise, and don't worry i still have plenty of criticism so don't get the wrong idea here either..

2014 State of the Union

NewAgeMan
In case it hasn't been posted yet..

www.youtube.com...

NewAgeMan

Snarl

NewAgeMan
In case it hasn't been posted

Don't ruin the party with such vids!!

Here's the bad news. I think he got about 25% of his Mojo back.

He didn't talk about the need to shrink the size of government and the bureaucracy, or to restore a balance of liberty and security in favor of liberty while simply maintaining a state of eternal vigilance.

But i was pleased that he didn't yank the 9/11 chain and admitted that there've been "mistakes", which is the unstatement of the ages, but he did say it.

As to the overhaul of the security and surveillance issue, he seemed only to pay lip service to that policy without truly asuaging the American people's concern about a creeping surveillance and police state, or the militarization of the bureaucracy.

Promised again to close Guantanamo Bay, which is a good thing.

The jobs program initiatives are a good thing, other proposals made sense.

Overall i like the sound of the direction... oh no i'm going it again aren't i.. #!

Mojo meter.

My Obama mojo meter went up from the speech, but it's not because i don't have my eyes wide open either! LOL

So here's the way i see it - he's not really rolling back the "gains" made during the Bush era, but at the same time is admitting to the error, as best he can, and talking about moving in the direction that the country should have been going in all along, before the nightmare years.

And that's probably as good as it gets.

Until a leader for true Liberty shows up with the determination to shrink centralized government and cede power to the States and to the communities they serve as a bottom up America, instead of top down.

And i only gave him 25% Mojo.

And of course it's not even about "mojo" but policy formation, and to be honest i liked what i saw and heard in that speech for the most part.

We are in dire need of an emergent America with power to the people, and from the people on up.

It's coming, maybe not via the Obama Administration, but it's on it's way - Liberty will blow again into that once proud American flag - it HAS to.

He makes it sounds like it's all about job opportunity and career, but it's about the absolute freedom to be and become whatever a person so chooses without constraint - that's Liberty, which is not merely the freedom to try to get ahead via the earning of money. So i must draw that philosophical distinction, as much as people are in need of good jobs and equal access to opportunity and to a growing middle class.

edit on 28-1-2014 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Kangaruex4Ewe

Xtrozero

Kangaruex4Ewe

It's good and creepy to know that I wasn't completely off base. The look in a person's eyes usually will tell you all you need to know about them in my experience. I have learned to pay attention to it.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Not her ^^^^

Please don't do that America. We BEG of you.

No more really strange people in the White House please. Obama's been bad enough.

And that is not a sexist statement. It has nothing to do with a women President. Just not her. I'm sure you understand.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedog1973

Presidents have the power to fix the problem. The only problem is that the elections are rigged so u would have a really difficult time getting the right person in as president.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 02:39 AM
link   
My thoughts on Obama were that he was a guy with some good ideas but totally naive politically. Yes he was a state senator, but he was on the right side of Illinois politics so he faced no challenge, just being a good speaker (which he is) is all you needed. When he got to the federal level he recognized this weakness and avoided the political bickering wherever possible. A partisan comment here or there to maintain favor with the party and for everything else he was just present. Being charismatic got him the job, but he's just not politically astute which means he can't pass everything. He's the leader, not just of Democrats but of Republicans as well he should be negotiating compromises between House/Senate bills. If he actually acted like a leader we would have a more functional government and the partisan hatred would be a whole lot lower.

Obama isn't good at politics, to be fair most of those in Congress right now aren't either, but each of them have more specialized interests to represent. This is how and why Obama has failed, he doesn't understand how things work. I'm sure he has more of an idea now than he did on day 1 of the job but at this point it's too late he has too little time to bring about change because half of the country has an ideological mandate to be seen as opposing absolutely anything he proposes, even worse he created that mandate for them in the first place.

Bush made this same mistake, my faith in humanity is going to take a massive hit if the next president doesn't know better after seeing the same mistake made for 16 years in a row. Reagan figured things out when he said you can accomplish anything if you just abandon trying to fight over credit for doing it.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I did the first time, but not the second, the mans words and actions are not the same, he lied right to our faces about what was in the afordavle care act and he knew he was doing it. He is a two faced politician, it makes me sick to think hew will just enact E'O's to get stuff done now because he cant get along with congress, our government is broken and it breaks my effing heart.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Because of racism. Thanks a lot for sharing.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
A thread about the hype of Hope and Change...and swipes are taken at Sarah Palin. When I read such ugliness, I cannot help but think of a quote by the late Bill Buckley. Astute in its simplicity, paraphrasing he said he would rather be governed by the first 500 names in the Boston phone books than by those sitting in the House/Senate/Executive branch...the vast majority of which practice the group think of their "same" Columbia, Harvard, Yale Ivy League educations.

Palin, or ANY outsider from the same old same old, IS a breath of fresh air, fresh thought and REAL LIFE experiences. I too would rather we have "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington" as opposed to "Mr. Obama/Bush Went to Harvard So HE Knows Best." The US Senate/House is FULL of millionaires...who say ridiculous things (most recent ramblings Nancy Pelosi/Keith Ellison and other random Dems) that NOT having as many work hours is a good thing! You can make dinner! Except you have no money for food after Draconian ObamaCare has hit your wallet...but, the "smart people" will fix that too with MORE entitlement programs!

I could go on and on, but very few listen. We have been lied to forever by the political class...but usually over things that DO NOT affect our daily lives (wars on foreign soil; closing Gitmo; trillions wasted on govt grants and fraud) but this last BIG WHOPPER "if you like your insurance, you can keep your insurance." Followed by the equally bold face lie of "if you like your doctor you can keep your doctor" MAY just have been too much of an over reach; affecting too many too intimately. That the populace MAY awaken gives me HOPE for real CHANGE...and I will vote for the outsiders be they from Wasilla, Alaska or page 2 of the Boston phone book.

Rant off.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   

OccamsRazor04
He had to do more than just talk.

He's like that guy you hire because he talked a great game in his interview, but when it comes to the actual job he's clueless and just screws everything up.

Oh but it's far worse than that. He's not JUST incompetent. Many people could forgive him for that, even if they weren't happy about it. No. He's malevolent. He's not screwing up. He's purposely screwing US. People turned on him because he came in pretending he understood that people did not want to live in a dictatorship and then turned around and started doing exactly the same kind of stuff that turned people against Bush.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I think Obama could have done great things.. he had the potential, he had the idea's and the goals..
But his opposition were relentless, they never stopped and dogged him at every turn..

with so much infighting over the smallest of details, the policies he did manage to get implemented were impotent.. doing nothing like the original idea proposed.

look at his opposition... look at the right wing political base.. the same psychopaths that threw us head first into Iraq.. that's your only alternative!

I think the economy falls more on Obama's watch but, not because of anything he's doing.. but because of the incredible things he's not doing! We needed Obama to stop the financial sector owning the world.

It cant be that difficult to figure out. In suburb a, we have endless abandoned homes, that are worth diddly squat and owned by mega banks. In suburb b, we have homeless families living in their cars!.

If the government bailed at the banks, then the banks need to cough up some homes, to the local council to bail out the very people it ripped off!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join