It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creationist short films: amazingly well done

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I will say right off the bat that this thread is more for those that believe in creation. It is not, however, for believers alone.

My neighbor sent me a link to this site (link posted below) that contains 18 short videos that are only about 3 minutes each.

So....I spent the next 54 minutes watching all 18....

I will say that the videos are heavily Christian in nature and creationist to the max but the info, quality and cinematography is outstanding.

Non-believers .... if you can stomach some "obviously creationist and Christian" speaking it is worth your time to watch....if not....then turn the sound off and watch without the Creation stuff.....

I thought it pretty awesome.

www.godofwondersvideo.org...

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
ive seen a few of these before,
they are cool, pretty good like you say.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I think this is a better video and stuff.

Watch it.
edit on 27-1-2014 by Ribidus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Ribidus

I'm sorry to hear that....

but thanks for posting some fake white board drawing sketching guy.......... stuff

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by UxoriousMagnus

Didn't want to watch after the second video when they said that the mountains were created by god.

But I tried to watch the one about lightning and couldn't watch after they said that when there is a thunderstorm we should stand in awe of our great god.

If people want to have the same mindset as people who lived 2,000 years ago, then that's their choice. I recommend them to stand in awe of Poseidon when they see a hurricane.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by danielsil18

It's funny how they can attribute lightning (electricity) to God yet use a computer (relies on electricity) to make a bunch of videos talking about how God creates and manages everything. Pretty ironic if you ask me.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   

danielsil18

Didn't want to watch after the second video when they said that the mountains were created by god.

But I tried to watch the one about lightning and couldn't watch after they said that when there is a thunderstorm we should stand in awe of our great god.

If people want to have the same mindset as people who lived 2,000 years ago, then that's their choice. I recommend them to stand in awe of Poseidon when they see a hurricane.

I warned you up front that it is very creationist/Christian in nature. I wish you would have watched the DNA or butterfly ones....they too are going to be flush with religious stuff but....very interesting scientific things in there.

and if you don't believe in God....then just stand in awe of nature and this amazing planet we live on......right?
edit on 28-1-2014 by UxoriousMagnus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Krazysh0t
reply to post by danielsil18

It's funny how they can attribute lightning (electricity) to God yet use a computer (relies on electricity) to make a bunch of videos talking about how God creates and manages everything. Pretty ironic if you ask me.

I don't think they were attributing lightning to God as if he is personally "throwing" lightning bolts or something.....just that lightning is so powerful and beautiful and important for nature to survive.....and then.....because it is a Christian site.....they say isn't God awesome for creating the process that creates lightning.

I don't see how that is so offensive really.

I also didn't see where they said God was managing every little thing....but again.....I warned you

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

UxoriousMagnus
I warned you up front that it is very creationist/Christian in nature. I wish you would have watched the DNA or butterfly ones....they too are going to be flush with religious stuff but....very interesting scientific things in there.

and if you don't believe in God....then just stand in awe of nature and this amazing planet we live on......right?
edit on 28-1-2014 by UxoriousMagnus because: (no reason given)

Ouch... where? Where???

Just a small reminder about scriptures and science...

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperFrog

for instance...under the DNA video....it talks about the proteins that run up and down the DNA strand searching for broken or disrupted DNA and then it sits there and repairs it. Once repaired .... it continues on it's was making adjustments and repairs as it goes. I thought that was very cool.

on the butterfly video it talks about how butterflies have no pigment in their wings to give them the color that we perceive but actually have small crystals that just refract the color for us to see.....thought that was very cool

on the bird video....it talked about the lungs of the bird and how the lungs work in conjunction with their wings beating which allows them to fly without becoming tired or ever winded. Thought that was cool

every video has things like this that people may or may not know but is strictly science....

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I am a Christian who believes in Creation and find a lot of the ways people try to explain it appalling. I like for Christians to have some actual experience in the practice if I'm going to receive worthwhile information from them. Typically this is done by only priests/reverend/whatever, and even then, only some priests really have the kind of information i'm looking for. I can sometimes converse well with ordinary Christians, but for the most part, I learn more from myself, than them, when I converse.

I personally enjoy what this guy has to say, it's probably his accent.
I might check out the vids later, I had to download quicktime and now have to restart my computer.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

So they pretty much explains science and say to the gullible "look how all these things fit together, isn't god amazing!?".. im sure this will affect the ones that don't know some biological science.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

luciddream

So they pretty much explains science and say to the gullible "look how all these things fit together, isn't god amazing!?".. im sure this will affect the ones that don't know some biological science.

At some point in time, a Christian understands that God's will be done. Which is what I'm assuming is all these vids are about put simply -_-;
edit on 01/24/14 by Jarring because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

luciddream

not sure how believing in a higher power gullible but I get your point.

I think many non Christians think that Christians don't like or don't want to know anything about science and this just isn't the case....I think they are just as interested in science as anyone else. Evolutionists take science and say "look, this all came from sludge over billions of years to "create" all this beauty and order" Christians say "look, this all came from God who created all this beauty and order"......so what? Who cares?

why can't we just enjoy the beauty and order that is in this world and universe together. I don't care how somebody thinks it came to be....I just think it is beautiful and amazing and that science is incredibly interesting.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I've seen most of these vid's. I personally didn't care for them but they are well made and I'm sure will help someone along. I do wonder sometimes when I see vid lists about the wonder of creation and all the beautiful things god did why do they never produce ones showing the gnarly, dark side of life. I would like to see some of those and how they are addressed.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Jarring

luciddream

At some point in time, a Christian understands that God's will be done. Which is what I'm assuming is all these vids are about put simply -_-;

ummm....that's not what I got out of it.

They seemed more about how amazing everything is, how beautiful and complex and how things work.....and then they also give praise to God for it.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

UxoriousMagnus

luciddream

not sure how believing in a higher power gullible but I get your point.

I think many non Christians think that Christians don't like or don't want to know anything about science and this just isn't the case....I think they are just as interested in science as anyone else. Evolutionists take science and say "look, this all came from sludge over billions of years to "create" all this beauty and order" Christians say "look, this all came from God who created all this beauty and order"......so what? Who cares?

why can't we just enjoy the beauty and order that is in this world and universe together. I don't care how somebody thinks it came to be....I just think it is beautiful and amazing and that science is incredibly interesting.

that isn't necessarily all that evolution means. i agree, sometimes it can get to that point and it's annoying as it doesn't make sense. But I think in the end, even they know that. Evolution is and can be as simple as being the product of your mother and father.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

drivers1492
I've seen most of these vid's. I personally didn't care for them but they are well made and I'm sure will help someone along. I do wonder sometimes when I see vid lists about the wonder of creation and all the beautiful things god did why do they never produce ones showing the gnarly, dark side of life. I would like to see some of those and how they are addressed.

like what? I am interested in the dark side of things as well....what did you have in mind?

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
isn't there only but one dark side to a Christian? Sin?

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

UxoriousMagnus

Jarring

luciddream

ummm....that's not what I got out of it.

They seemed more about how amazing everything is, how beautiful and complex and how things work.....and then they also give praise to God for it.

I get that, but sadly, that's also what I fear of the videos...when boiled down, all I'll get from it is the simplicity of God's will.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join