It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I dont care for your apocalypse or for your book's and even hell!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Akragon

OptimusSubprime
reply to post by blueyezblkdragon

Thank you for making a distinction between Catholics and Christians. I hate when Catholics are grouped in with Christians... because Catholics are anything but Christians.

This is news to me...

Perhaps you might clarify this point... considering Catholics were technically one of the first "Christian" denominations to exist...

I can't wait to hear this...

Yes, it certainly is a wonder, since all the other denominations branched off and away from the one mainstream Church of Rome that was the first "christian" church, though not the first, because the writers, apostles and Paul, were gnostics....so its a whole other story, but not on the surface of things.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Akragon

ketsuko
reply to post by Akragon

Is it the return of Christ of the what comes after the Apocalypse that they want more?

I won't lie. I want Christ to come back, not because it means we are "right" but because I want to experience what the people of the New Testament did. What was Christ like? And his Kingdom will be the place people keep saying they want to live in. I want that, too. No more sorrow, worry or pain.

But when he comes back that first time, he'll be a sword of judgment, and I'm not eager about that. Read Revelation, really read it ... it's not a happy, fun thing.

I've read it many times.... and I don't believe for a second that when and IF he returns he will be coming with a sword... or a gun, or anything but a message of peace...

Revelation is a waste of time in my humble opinion... It was clearly not Jesus speaking in any of it... Nor was it inspired by him...

it was John of Patmos and nothing more then him in a last attempt to write something relevant in his remaining years

Well the 7 Churches are the 7 Chakra's and each represent a certain thing, in any case, revelations isn't literal and the metaphor hidden in it, isn't negative.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   

But the questions I must ask is that why do you want the apocalypse? does it justify your religion was right?

It surely would.

will it be your salvation?

Yes. I am one of the faithful.

or do you simply wish to watch the needless destruction of thousands of people?

Who cares? They are the unrepentant sinners unworthy of God. Those like myself will be saved from that.

That's me being vicarious. What I personally think is the religious get excited when they think they see signs of biblical apocalypse. They do wish it. For the reasons I insinuated above.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Unity_99

Akragon

ketsuko
reply to post by Akragon

Is it the return of Christ of the what comes after the Apocalypse that they want more?

I won't lie. I want Christ to come back, not because it means we are "right" but because I want to experience what the people of the New Testament did. What was Christ like? And his Kingdom will be the place people keep saying they want to live in. I want that, too. No more sorrow, worry or pain.

But when he comes back that first time, he'll be a sword of judgment, and I'm not eager about that. Read Revelation, really read it ... it's not a happy, fun thing.

I've read it many times.... and I don't believe for a second that when and IF he returns he will be coming with a sword... or a gun, or anything but a message of peace...

Revelation is a waste of time in my humble opinion... It was clearly not Jesus speaking in any of it... Nor was it inspired by him...

it was John of Patmos and nothing more then him in a last attempt to write something relevant in his remaining years

Well the 7 Churches are the 7 Chakra's and each represent a certain thing, in any case, revelations isn't literal and the metaphor hidden in it, isn't negative.

bleh... its the end of the book

Spoiler alert... the devil did it

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

No problem. Im pretty hard to offend...thick skin. Thanks for the reply....MS

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

You know, Would it be That Bad?

If anything, all it means is that the Walls come crashing Down! In your World anyways! It's like you see the Players and the Real People in your Life That did something 4 U!

Then you are either Real About it or stay in the Game! Funny how one always loses playing a Game! Sometimes a Big Shovel come along and wipes the # out of the way! Who Knew?

Peace

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Get some crocodiles .. or a tiger .. they work well at discouraging uninvited guests ..

Well said .. does get tiresome hearing all the hellfire and brimstone from the biblethumpers .. they need to learn to live life rather than fear some imaginary character and the world ending ..

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I wonder what would happen if you drew a reversed pentagram on your forehead with fake blood prior to them answering the door. Then when the missionaries take a step back say.. "I've been expecting you" followed by a wide grin. I'd like to think they'd reschedule.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
www.spiritofthescripture.com...
The Seven Sacraments: How They Relate to our Chakras and Higher Consciousness

In our last post we learned that Jesus taught God is spirit, and it is through spirit, or consciousness, that we truly worship and draw near to God.

Key point: God is Spirit, we worship in Spirit, outer is beast, idol, etc. Inner, the kingdom of heaven is within. Giving money and loyalty to outer idols, instead of helping and assisting our fellow devine spirit brothers and sisters, is a problem to say the least.

“And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of fear of the LORD” (Isaiah 11:2).

It breaks down as follows:

1) Spirit of the LORD

2) Spirit of wisdom

3) Spirit of understanding

4) Spirit of counsel

5) Spirit of might

6) Spirit of knowledge

7) Spirit of fear of the LORD

Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea: The Chakras of Our Upper Body Temple

Sardis

The church of Sardis relates to the throat chakra. Traditionally, this chakra has been associated with hearing and speech...

Jesus begins his address of the church of Sardis in Revelations 3:1:

“And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead. Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God” (Rev. 3:1-2).

Make note of the fact that “name” in Revelations 3:1 refers to authority or Character. It’s a derivative of the Greek word pronounced ghin-oce’-ko, which means be aware, known, perceive, speak, understand.”

Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamos, and Thyatira: The Chakras of our Lower Temple

I don't know, but these last 2 links are jewels in the revelations, and truly its not the smiting harshness people think. Clear your minds.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
16 Scriptural Reasons NOT to take the Bible Literally!

1) Psalms 78:2:

“I will open my mouth in a parable: I will utter dark sayings of old.”...

2) Proverbs 25:2:

“It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honor of kings is to search out a matter.”...

3) Proverbs 1:5-6:

“A wise man will hear, and will increase learning; and man of understanding will attain unto wise councils: to understand a proverb, and the interpretation; the words of the wise, and their dark sayings.” ( in highlights/bold, the smiting stories like a grims fairy tale, hiding jewels. I really hope it was to save themselves they did this though, not to enslave because its not right to hide truth.)

4) Ezekiel 20:49:

“Then said I, Ah Lord God! They say of me, doth he not speak in parables?”...

6) Isaiah 6:9-10

“And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not. Make the heart of this people fat, and make their eats heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.”...

8) Mark 4:11:

“And he said unto them, unto you it is given the mystery of the kingdom of God, but unto them who are without, all these things are done in parables.”...

9) 2 Corinthians 3:6

“Who also hath made us able ministers of the New Testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.”

This last one, pretty clear. What's under the hood is only LOVE and how to refine your Love, but in an outer passage, Goodness becomes a Murderer, and uses any means to attain a result, whereas all who are love know the end does justify the ends.

11) 2 Corinthians 4:3:

“But if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to them that are lost.”....

13) 1 Corinthians 2:7:

“But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory.”...

15) Matthew 22:29:

“Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.”

Jesus is speaking to the Pharisees who interpret scripture by the letter, or literal interpretation. If the scriptures were meant to be literal, do you think Jesus really could have said this to the very experts who knew scripture by heart better than anyone in their day?

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   
What is bothering me, is that when someone codes messages, even if they're seemingly wonderful, and they are, there is nothing I can run in my head where meditation, going within, walking in the footsteps of Christ, giving to others, overcoming greed, ego, ambitions that are usuary to others, or conquering the impulses of the body suit, nothing that is coded has anything negative. But the problem is, like a good mystery, why the lies and distortions, why a filter on truth that would only allow the most corrupt elitist and murderous, enslaving individuals to benefit, to see within, to be the ones who can unravel it, and a few others only. The few?!!!! Mostly the corrupt few!!!!

A few have shared something akin to a system that uses the majority as fodder for the benefit of the few to grow. And they fob this off as Good, as if it ever could be. In such a distortion, anyone with integrity would stand with the majority of humans proudly, knowing that only there is truth and love. Its for all. The few is always a corrupt elitist twist of evil.

Codes, hidden meanings, that are good, for the corrupt few???

Meant to entrap and ensnare the majority???!!!!

Why?

Who would do such a thing?!!! And pure light/love/goodness, the way back home, in the hands of the corrupt few, doesn't accomplish its goals. They can't attain the right vehicle to fly home. Not without miracles and intervention.

It doesnt make sense.

So, looking at every angle for the snares.

In the end, what is terribly wrong with 7 billion beautiful, wonderful children, standing still, finding those things that make them and those around them happy, valuing everyone's life with self esteem and walking past all of this somehow? I keep thinking, there is a mystery here and the corruption spoils the entire thing. Those its intended for makes the message questionable.

Always question everything, all aspects of it, including the motive and schemes of those who do things in shadow, in secrecy. That itself is a crime against all souls.

Wisdom always looks up from the bottom of the well!
edit on 28-1-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Ha I did something like that a while back but obviously it didn't work so I'll buy a trap door.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I Agree! You have to question everything. Comes to a point you Question everything in your head! I find I have More Holes in my head then anything. Every Story ever heard from Childhood. HAS HOLES! Yet you hole on to them as facts.

Nothing Exist! Man has created all this since the cave days! We all see crazy stuff, and the story goes on, passed down as something to believe in.

Only thing ever missing is Believing In Yourself! Go to your center, pray, chant do this and that. Only never to Believe in Yourself First! Lately, alot of things are dying, Earth Herself!

Two Things that Should be on the Top of Every Humans list is Believing in Themselves and How special Life Is! Question is. Who would Give their Life for IT? Say God came Down from the heavens. Asked would you die to keep Life Continuing? First, How do you know it was God Talking?

We are Taught to Fill in them Holes, since childhood. Yet nowhere does it say that the Holes Are Good! Tonight, try this. Find a Hole in your Live or Heart and Sit with It! See how many flashes come to mind blocking you, Say I Know and keep looking!

Try it for a week, even during your day. Go beyond the picture, yet stay there. Notice how many times you lie to yourself. Thats Ego!

Peace

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

You cannot deny that Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to the Father, and still be a Christian. Pretty simple!

Praying to Mary, saints, rosary beads, bones of the dead, statues, bowing in worship before the Pope, plus a WHOLE lot more. All these things put something before Jesus. Pretty much every single aspect about the Catholic Church is unCHRISTlike. It is saturated in paganism right down to its roots.

They are making the same mistake the vast majority of even self-professed Christian churches are doing nowadays: they are putting Jesus on the back burner, replacing Him with false gods and idols. That is why only a remnant shall be saved:

Romans 9:27(AKJV)
27 Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:

Read Romans 9:6-8 and Galatians 3:26-29 (Authorized King James Version) to see who the true Israel is.

And if you don't mind doing some reading, here is a little study on Paganism in the Catholic Church: www.remnantofgod.org...

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I know this thread has been taken over by the crazies now, but for those still paying attention:

How come the christians never start threads ranting about how they are tired of seeing evolution discussed? Seems like a bit of a one way street around here. All I've ever seen is appeals to other ATS'ers to stop bashing their religion and attacking them personally. Never an appeal for censorship of an opposing view. But I've lost count of how many threads I've seen demanding the subject of Christianity be banned from ATS.

Almost makes you wonder if there isn't some sort of conspiracy going on?

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

jeramie
reply to post by Akragon

You cannot deny that Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to the Father, and still be a Christian. Pretty simple!

Praying to Mary, saints, rosary beads, bones of the dead, statues, bowing in worship before the Pope, plus a WHOLE lot more. All these things put something before Jesus. Pretty much every single aspect about the Catholic Church is unCHRISTlike. It is saturated in paganism right down to its roots.

They are making the same mistake the vast majority of even self-professed Christian churches are doing nowadays: they are putting Jesus on the back burner, replacing Him with false gods and idols. That is why only a remnant shall be saved:

Romans 9:27(AKJV)
27 Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:

Read Romans 9:6-8 and Galatians 3:26-29 (Authorized King James Version) to see who the true Israel is.

And if you don't mind doing some reading, here is a little study on Paganism in the Catholic Church: www.remnantofgod.org...

I suppose its just ironic that you quote Paul instead of the gospels to make your point eh...

Sure theres paganism all through the catholic church... but are they not Christian? Im not so sure...

Theres so many denominations of that religion I find it impossible to define it...

Some say you can't be a Christian without agreeing the trinity exists... Yet theres plenty of sects that don't agree with the trinity

Mormons have their own book based around an "appearance" of Jesus in the Americas... Are they not Christian?

Well, the so called "appearance" was taken directly from the KJV bible verbatim, and the people that follow that religion are actually more "Christ like" as you call it, then any other sect I've come in contact with...

Theres even some sects that profess that they believe in Jesus, yet they will be more then happy to attempt to counter the gospels with Paul... which makes me laugh. That version is the one I seem to dislike the most... ( Paulianity
)

the catholic church is Christianity... so are the Mormons, JW's and all the other sects... they're all just branches of Christianity as a whole

In fact I find it extremely amusing that you Christians can't come to a consensus as to what being Christian involves...

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Perhaps you should. I'm actually serious if I could rant about something like this why don't you? I wouldn't mind a bit (still serious)
However what I've been angry about is a minority of Christians, Anglicans, Catholics, Hindus, Sector's of the Muslim religion etc. I have dealt with a lot of preachers, and me being a flawed human I'm eventually going to snap if I don't bend and twist.

I'll say this everyone's just as guilty as each other regardless of whom they are and what they believe in. It's hard to believe but even at one point I believed in something, believed in people too but we all know the end of this story.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

I know this thread has been taken over by the crazies now

Yourself not included?

How come the christians never start threads ranting about how they are tired of seeing evolution discussed?

Sorry how long have you been a member again? lol...

Seems like a bit of a one way street around here.

Maybe when it's 'Even Steven'. Just today there was a pamphlet on my doorknob about the coming apocalypse and how I need to accept Jesus into my heart. When scientists and evolutionists start a prevelant world wide door-to-door campaign you might have a case.

I've seen demanding the subject of Christianity be banned from ATS.

And I have seen Christians here wish atheists die and also be eternally damned. What's your point exactly?

Almost makes you wonder if there isn't some sort of conspiracy going on?

There usually is. Which are you alluding to? That ATS is a secret atheist group conspiring against theists? lol. All evidence to the contrary.
edit on 31-1-2014 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Are you responsible for each decision you make every day?

And

With each decision you make, you can always sit and see another choice you could have made... correct?

And, if you believe in a God you would believe in one that is absolutely just correct?

So really, when it comes to how you will be judged, I am not much worried. You made all your own choices just as I made mine. In the end that is all we are responsible for.

edit on 31-1-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

Are you responsible for each decision you make every day?

No. I think you're responsible for all of them.

And

With each decision you make, you can always sit and see another choice you could have made... correct?

Yes. Such is the nature of cognition. We have a plethora of thought processes taking place before they manifest into tangible actions. What are you driving at. Please be more clear.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join