It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I dont care for your apocalypse or for your book's and even hell!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Let me just quickly say I do respect your religion's any and all however this is not here to cause offence to you, it's here because of how tired I am of listening, watching and hearing of this. If you want you can voice your own opinion's, because I'm doing it right now. And before you start arguing yeah I know preaching will never stop and that you have the freedom of speech etc. Keep in mind I hate everyone equally and this isn't only directed at Christians and Catholics.

So sorry ladies and gent's to keep you all waiting, but each and every time I read one of these thread's where I dream't that the apocalypse happened or when those preacher's come to my door saying save your soul from eternal damnation by believing in Christ, I am presented with two options I can fake agreeing with you and stand there and say repent the end is neigh even when I don't believe it myself or I can stand my own ground and say I don't care now get away from my door and don't send anyone else here. It's rather clear I'm standing on my own here. But the questions I must ask is that why do you want the apocalypse? does it justify your religion was right?, will it be your salvation?, or do you simply wish to watch the needless destruction of thousands of people? Just why must the general populace live in fear that every day can be their last?. When I walk out the door I think to myself what's going to happen today am I going to have a good day will I run into someone I know, will I be able to pay my bills. I don't want to think that the devil or god will smite me down because I don't like them. Hell truth be told I don't believe in them. I made my own demon's and my own angels. What I've done is not live my life through a book but live my life my own way. I have a million regrets and have made enough mistakes to know I'm not sorry for what I've done or will do, I'm even more sorry for those who can't live their own life without a book to guide them their whole way through.

So why do you need a book to tell you when the end will come and what to do through your life. If I were you I would be thankful for each day that you have on this earth. If you look for the destruction of life then read or watch the news. If it is your salvation you wish to find only you can find it. If you want your religion to be the right one what can I tell you? I can't say your wrong or right because I don't know whether or not there's some fat guy sitting on a cloud watching everything!

What each of you do is rather trivial to me, the only reason I'm writing this is because every time I hear a new prediction of how the world might change for horrible way's I think am I the only person who want's to change the world for the better instead of watching the world descend into chaos. So please take sometime to think if you really believe that cowering in fear of the end times will do you any good. Or if you want to watch the world burn I guarantee you will have a front row seat.

Call me evil and kill the messenger you can even blow across a blessed verse but I'm not changing my life or mental state for your religion or you! Or for a book that has most likely been altered throughout time by the rich and powerful.

Yeah I'm done. Sorry sort of tired of fear mongering by most people I know even family and friends sometimes
I'll be busy trying to learn animation in the meantime so if I don't reply to you in a day or two just know I'm busy and I'll try to get back to you about whatever you want to argue with me.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by blueyezblkdragon

Thank you for making a distinction between Catholics and Christians. I hate when Catholics are grouped in with Christians... because Catholics are anything but Christians.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I'm a Christian, and quite frankly, I'd prefer that you told me "No thanks, I don't believe, and I don't intend to." than for you to fake it; that just shows insecurity and a weakness of one's character.

For myself, I don't share the Gospel with anyone unless they show an interest; otherwise, I'd be wasting my time and my breath.

But, I would like to point a couple things out: The Bible doesn't tell us when the End will come, it tells us to be ready for it. It also doesn't tell us how to live our lives; it tells us what is acceptable to God, and it is left to us to live as we choose, whether it pleases God or not.

And that is the end of my two cents, enjoy your animation.

edit on 1/27/2014 by ProfessorChaos because: typo

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

If you don't want to read those threads, they're easy enough to avoid.
So why are you reading them?
Who holds a pistol to your head?

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
The compulsive need to convert a non-believer, in my humble opinion....

is indicative of one that is not terribly secure within their own convictions.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
An equal opportunity discriminator aye? I can respect that, hell i side with it.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   

zeroBelief

I am not a Christian, but I believe you a incorrect in respect to Christianity.

A Christian tries to convert non-believers out of love for the person and the hope that they are doing the work Jesus has asked of them in the gospels. They definitely aren't insecure in their beliefs.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Truth shall set you free,
What will a lie do....

Don't follow the masses for they are following blindly.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Metallicus

zeroBelief

I am not a Christian, but I believe you a incorrect in respect to Christianity.

A Christian tries to convert non-believers out of love for the person and the hope that they are doing the work Jesus has asked of them in the gospels. They definitely aren't insecure in their beliefs.

You can be of that mindset, sure. Feel free.

I happen to think that it is indicative of one that is not terribly secure within their own convictions. The idea that some obscure and "written by man" fiction / series of morality tales / tools for living in society tells them to proselytize & convert, well, justifies their insecurities, IMHO.

Just my $.02. I may be wrong. I'm ok with that.

Apparently you're not. I'm ok with that too

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
You just go ahead and let it all OUT! I was there sometime back, thought I was losing it! What I found out was Losing all the crap feed to us! Now I will not go all out and say that there is No God, People just took it Way To Far!

3 months ago is when I really knew; for a My Fact, when someone called work and said I was rude! What he forgot to say was preaching Christ down my neck. Rude because I told him, in the End it is You that saves U. Christ is just there to point the way and that is just one of the ways of many. Yet he failed to mention this part!

Boss said no problems! Next week when he should up and started that crap. I had to say, Bow Satan! LOL it actually Just came out. And my boss ???? Never said a word!

I've come up with. If you are going to Believe in Something, Start with Yourself First! That in itself is the Hardest thing to do; At First! So let it all out and be Free! If God is gonna Spite Me, He is No GOD! Now on the other hand, If I was all evil and #, I would have to Expect It! LOL

Peace

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Then my question to you is why are you here? You hate everyone (thats all of us) equally. I get that.

So, youre here because you wnat to express your contempt for us and these topics so we'll feel bad, and to make you feel good?

You hate everyone equally ok. I get that. again.....then why are you here?

PS By the way, no matter how angry you are, or what you feel, you have every right to be here. But then...why are you?

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Then join us amigo....Praise Bob!

www.subgenius.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   

OptimusSubprime

Thank you for making a distinction between Catholics and Christians. I hate when Catholics are grouped in with Christians... because Catholics are anything but Christians.

This is news to me...

Perhaps you might clarify this point... considering Catholics were technically one of the first "Christian" denominations to exist...

I can't wait to hear this...

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Want the Apocalypse? What do you think I am, nuts?

No one in their right mind wants the Apocalypse, not even Christians. I certainly don't. 1.) While I have faith that I'll be seen through it one way or another, I don't know for sure. No one does. 2.) I know plenty of people that I'm very fond of that I reasonably sure may not be on the other side for various reasons. 3.) There are so many people in the world, and actively wanting an Apocalypse of any sort means actively wishing for death and destruction to be visited on them (and possibly myself, too)

The thing is that we do want what we have faith comes after - a world of perfect peace, the place that people are always trying to create and never can, and so many people today claim that's what they want. And all they have to do is have faith, and that's what Christians are trying to tell you.

Of course, there are plenty of Christians who have lost the idea that it's about love, so they try to scare you or judge you and denounce you. I sometimes wonder what will happen to them, too.

Anyhow, sorry to barge in on your rant. I'll take my Christian self off somewhere else now. Just understand that if you come into threads talking about some kind of Apocalypse, you may find some of us there.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

No one in their right mind wants the Apocalypse, not even Christians.

That's debatable...

Tons of Christians want the apocalypse to happen because it would mean "Christ's return" to many... His return would technically mean the bible was right... and as everyone knows, all Christians want their doctrine to be proven true.

On the other hand the state of mind of these people is definitely questionable...

Most wouldn't have a clue what to look for even if he did return... I suppose that would also depend on if he comes down on a cloud or is born like every other person in the world as well

edit on 27-1-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Is it the return of Christ of the what comes after the Apocalypse that they want more?

I won't lie. I want Christ to come back, not because it means we are "right" but because I want to experience what the people of the New Testament did. What was Christ like? And his Kingdom will be the place people keep saying they want to live in. I want that, too. No more sorrow, worry or pain.

But when he comes back that first time, he'll be a sword of judgment, and I'm not eager about that. Read Revelation, really read it ... it's not a happy, fun thing.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   

ketsuko
reply to post by Akragon

Is it the return of Christ of the what comes after the Apocalypse that they want more?

I won't lie. I want Christ to come back, not because it means we are "right" but because I want to experience what the people of the New Testament did. What was Christ like? And his Kingdom will be the place people keep saying they want to live in. I want that, too. No more sorrow, worry or pain.

But when he comes back that first time, he'll be a sword of judgment, and I'm not eager about that. Read Revelation, really read it ... it's not a happy, fun thing.

I've read it many times.... and I don't believe for a second that when and IF he returns he will be coming with a sword... or a gun, or anything but a message of peace...

Revelation is a waste of time in my humble opinion... It was clearly not Jesus speaking in any of it... Nor was it inspired by him...

it was John of Patmos and nothing more then him in a last attempt to write something relevant in his remaining years

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   

DISRAELI

If you don't want to read those threads, they're easy enough to avoid.
So why are you reading them?
Who holds a pistol to your head?

For the same reason Christians will read this thread. Curiosity.

Also, his complaint isn't limited to reading threads that make him upset; it's more. It's about feeling cornered into either lying or getting into a looooong drawn out and sometimes heated argument about why he will burn in hell if he doesn't believe like they do.

Some people have the patience for it and some do not. Personally, I kill those people with kindness and I welcome the opportunity to preach to them the good news of the goddess.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

Why am I here? Am I here to spread hate? No I'm not really feeling evil today.
Am I here to read? Yeah I love to read. Why am I here? I like to write it gives me something else to do in fact I'm thinking of putting more Spartan history on here and maybe adding a thread about Abraham Lincoln towards the end of the year. Do I hate everyone equally? Nah it's a joke (probably should've edited that to be more clear sorry if that offended you)

If I haven't answered your question tell me

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorChaos

There's a reason I used to pretend. When I was in high school my friend's mind you (friend's to this day) were Christian. So you know they were good people, used to invite me out to their social event's. Anyway they went to Hillsong church which seem to be spreading over the past few years. So anyway they badgered me to come till I finally came. (They knew I never cared for religion.)

Anyway these night's me and my friend's went to party's that were basically for teens and youths you know the opposite of party's where I could go get drunk (It's bad kid's don't do it I'm being serious about that no matter how bad things look don't drink). They were pretty good friends kept me on track when I was dealing with a lot of horrible stuff at the time.

So me being the only person in the crowd who was the exact opposite of everyone else, I pretended on rare occasions like when an overzealous family member came over or when somebody at these party's asked me what religion are you I told them that I was Christian sometimes if I felt like I could hold my ground without getting into an argument or a fight I'd tell them the truth that I didn't have a religion. I must say it was pretty easy to pretend probably because I did read the bible when I was younger and because in a church no one's going to ask you what religion you are unless they've never seen you, and there were pretty decent sized crowds some night's so no one could notice me.

Anyway the main point is I would lie when I was a teen about my religion to avoid getting preached too about why Jesus died for me. I never did this all the time only when I felt I had to avoid me doing or saying something that would end badly.
So what if my personality, character or morality was questionable at the time I had a lot to deal with but most of that's behind me now . My past never defined me it just gave me a starting point.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join