It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tempio di Salomone

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by FreeWillAnomaly

Masonry was (not is) a secret society with the goal of preserving esoteric secrets which had been handed down the chief one being the mystery surrounding hiram abiff's "lost word".

What it is today is a social mens club and charity inspired by the symbols and rites of historic operative masonry.

You are hinting at mental alchemy, but no that is not what masonry was about ie "making good men better" which is their favorite slogan.

So in summery no I would not enjoy learning and memorizing useless passwords, gestures, handshakes, cyphers, rituals etc

and no I would not enjoy being brainwashed to be a "brother" either, which is why I said you were way off the mark in your judgement concerning my belief in this matter.

Essentially masonry brainwashes the candidate into a feeling of companionship towards each other and a loyalty to the lodge which results in them being very protective of each other and their tradition. You will note how they star each others posts no matter the content, in the UK we have a phrase that sums up that type of behavior (bum chums). I am more about the truth and less about the drama or mystery, mystery is ok but if there is no substance behind it mystery for mystery sake is without value.

edit on 7-2-2014 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Well, I understand your position better now.

Anyways, magic is still prevalent in Masonry. I personally can't stand magic (my God tells me I will go to Hell if I practice it). Regrettably, the form of mental alchemy you refer to is the prevailing force behind Masonry and is the reason for the group's existence. But, you are free to disagree with that if you choose to. Makes no difference to me. I'm not even a Mason.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Said the guy who has never been a mason.

Stick to what you know, and speculate on the rest. To speak on something you know nothing about with such authority only makes you look foolish.

Freemasonry isn't a deep esoteric study group. It is a philanthropic group of good men who aspire to make themselves and their community a better place.

You have such vast knowledge and know the lost word, yet you can do nothing with it. Quite the conundrum.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

FreeWillAnomaly
I personally can't stand magic (my God tells me I will go to Hell if I practice it).

So this guy is destined to a lake of fire among tormented souls?

My God just wants me to love him and everyone and not be a pinhead. I like my God.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Mason mike

That is *optical* illusion, which is normally benign and is obviously not what I was talking about. That is not magic in the traditional sense. My God doesn't like dishonesty, btw.

In fact, he talks about liars and magic in the exact same passage that you are referring to.

Good thing he sent His Son to save us, or we would all be headed for that pit. You do have to accept Him, though.

Peace in Christ
edit on 7-2-2014 by FreeWillAnomaly because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join