It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Matt Drudge Issues Warning: “Have An Exit Plan”

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

MATT DRUDGE ‏@DRUDGE Jan 23
They are going after the Obama critics with indictments. VA Gov. Now Dinesh D'souza. Holder unleashing the dogs...

Wonder if he's beginning to feel like a target. I'm sure if TPTB could just have him and his site go away they would be happy. He better not have an "exploding car accident" like Hastings did.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   

RueBakon
reply to post by signalfire

I have a 401K invested in the market. What would be sound advice to safe-guard your egg with a back-door?

It takes time and expense when dealing with a 401K.

What should someone like myself, an ordinary person with some retirement savings, need to consider doing now?

Thanks!...

RueBakon... my advice, if you're of limited means right now... firstly and most importantly, get all your investments the hell out of the stock market RIGHT NOW. Equities are so overblown and overbought, that how they've managed to teeter at the cliff's edge and not fall off already is beyond me. Equities have been driven up intentionally by the Fed in an attempt to brainwash the general masses into believing their duplicitous 'Spin' of an economic recovering; Near zero rates means all those trillions of 'Hot' QE cash is desperate for 'a home' which returns more than zero percent... hence an overblown stock market. It's a total and utter fiction, just waiting to implode. All the big boy investors were out months ago... and as per usual, it's the small guy who's left carrying the can.
Stay out bonds... they'll be next to unravel. Fed already controls both end of the yield curve on everything from 1YR/3YR/10YR and 30YRs, in real terms, just dipped into negative territory yesterday for the first time since 2008. That screams of the institutional guys exiting as quietly as they can from the market... which makes sense, if there's rumour of a Chinese state bank default... there's no one left to buy US debt. Trouble.
Keep cash on hand. Buy gold and silver (small lots). Buy food. Buy heating and shelter.
If things don't implode to the extent that many feel/thing they might do soon... then what's the worst that's happened. You still have your cash in hand... your PM's are going to be worth at least twice what they are now and you've got a store of food for your next camping holiday!
This is all very simplistic and short of 'theoretic detail', which I could go into, but wouldn't serve to do much other than bore you and reach the same end conclusion, but I've spent more than a few years on trading floors in my youth and of late I've been reading voraciously about what's happening in various parts of the world around all this 'major correction' speak... deep down my gut is telling me that something's about to cause parts of the system to start to unravel... and when it does, it'll gain momentum very very quickly and the resulting global carnage will be unprecedented from anything we've all ever seen in our lifetimes...
... but it needs to happen; it's overdue; it's desperately necessary and, I hope, what comes next to replace the old system will be one that never allows this situation to be replicated again. Only if we allow this debt-based money to recover and survive, will it ever happen again. Best we don't.
Good Luck.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Dfairlite
If you're one of those that is so sure of economic collapse being imminent, then buy some put options. some SPY 160's should be cheap enough. If you're right, you'll make a killing. When you're wrong, you'll only lose a little.

I've been getting those very things 'pricing up' just that this morning actually. Medium term S&P Puts... if ever there was a time, it's now. May look for a slight recovery and up-tick early next week, but trial the stops wide enough accordingly and this is a bloody good punt, all things considered.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

True. In fact, Obama has come out and criticized the Drudge Report many times, hoping to destroy its credibility.

Of course, journalists from all walks of life fear this administration. They've had their homes invaded, phones tapped, stopped at airports.

I don't blame Drudge for being worried.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Southern Guardian
I see drudge is studying the Alex Jones playbook now. Hype up doom and gloom online and then watch the sheep flock and pay attention only for nothing to happen and for people to move onto the next thing. You'd think people would've learned by now but nope, they need their weekly dose of "the end of america" because lord knows they can't get their way through the democratic process anymore.

Well what I see is someone else attempting to label sheep as those who don't swallow everything that is fed to them. Isn't that a funny thing now? In your mind, anyone who doesn't follow along like a good little sheople, is now somehow one of the sheep? LMAO!!! Nice try with that early 1990's spin artist tactic. They started bands and wrote songs about such deception back then too. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Why does everyone assume it is financial? My first impression was to have an exit strategy from the US. If you wait too long there will be no passports issued and Canada is not an option. Mexico probably waits anxiously for the slave traders to purchase large quantities of American immigrants trying to escape...

First thing I see when leaving this thread:

edit on pm131pmTue, 28 Jan 2014 23:39:12 -0600 by antar because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Why does everyone assume it is financial?

Probably because of the precarious state of affairs we now find ourselves in right now due to the Fed, Wall Street, central bank shenanigans and corruption, China on the verge (next couple of days) of a massive banking default and crash and burn currencies. To name just a few.

True globally we have lots of problems but financials are the worst. Getting a passport should still remain fairly easy but taking your assets and life savings with you is the problem.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 04:58 AM
link   
I have enough fishing hunting and survival gear to last a lifetime. You could drop me off in the arctic circle in my underwear and I'd survive.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   

intrptr

Matt Drudge Issues Warning: “Have An Exit Plan”

What, are we supposed to build an Ark or something?

Yeah, more or less what i was thinking.

To say this is vague doesn't go far enough..i've not read right throught the tread (yet), but it seems people don't think this Drudge bloke is prone to sensationalism, i don't know of him so don't know if he is or not, but the short 'warning' makes me imagine an egotist, drinking with a couple of mates bragging that he is so well followed, he'd only have to go on Twitter and type four words to start the markets and people panicking...as i say i've never heard of him, so don't know.

Whatever the truth is, he was being deliberately vague, and that is for a reason.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by donlashway

Does this idiot think that when it's a new moon tbat the moon is not there? Dark moon just means that it's not lined up with the sun and is not reflecting the suns light.
The moon does not go anywhere.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Pimpintology

So having a mortgage is stupid now? How so? Hardly anyone can pay cash for a house. Cars yes. But not houses. Lucky you you could but don't put the rest of us down by saying we're dumb to borrow to buy a house.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Pimpintology

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Where do you live? They don't take your car away for not paying insurance. Some states don't require insurance at all. Virginia for one. You have to pay a fee to drive an uninsured vehicle but you don't have to have insurance some states do not charge additional personal property taxes like NY. You don't pay year after year for taxes on a car.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Where do you people live that you have stuff taken away from you or you don't own anything. ?????
I own my stuff. No one is taking anything away from me. It's not the truth.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by RevelationsDivad

Planet x??? Really? Planets x... who makes this crap up

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by mrphilosophias

Yeah how's that working for you?

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by openminded2011

Please...

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Snarl
reply to post by ketsuko

If China's run at controlling the world economy falters, it will firm up the petro dollar. Win-Win IMVHO.

We can only hope it's had to do with stocks but whenever someone mentions china and the world economy I can't get the words I read in a fact book outta my head ... I can't remember exactly what it said but was along the lines of "in 2016 many Americans will move to china"... Is it a fact if it hasn't happened yet ? Kinda found it odd...

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   

wantsome
I have enough fishing hunting and survival gear to last a lifetime. You could drop me off in the arctic circle in my underwear and I'd survive.

We're all very happy for you. Our lives are so much better now for knowing that. Thank you.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   

MRuss
reply to post by Bassago

DRUDGE IS ON A MISSION!

As a long time reader of Drudge---and one who has seen his agenda change over the last year--I have a few thoughts to add:

---Consider that within the past 18 months, he has actually started quoting and linking to Info Wars. I was a little shocked at first, but he and Alex Jones have a serious collaboration going. Some mainstream bloggers worried it would risk his credibility, but he continues to link to the Info Wars site regardless.

WOW. I just wondered why some folks that publically referred to Drudge.......stopped about 12 months or so ago.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join